*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Newlywed, I would ask to be checked to see what's going on down there next apt. With my DD I lost about the same amount as you for a week and then went into labor.

Here is my 36+6 bump :)
I'm pretty darn uncomfortable!

Attachments

• bb566.jpg
    bb566.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 11
Yeh I've been loosing like that most days for weeks and weeks now and it was the same in my last pregnancy too and still went 40+4 lol. It generally regenerates with amounts like that. And yeh it's similar to ewcm but I find it thicker and more a yellow tinged colour, anything else I loose I presume is normal discharge (heard someone refer to stuff you loose as cervical weapage! Vom lol) . The joys of pregnancy lol.

From what I have read there's loosing parts of your plug like a lot of us are. Blobs of thick snot like/ewcm discharge. Usually white, yellow or greenish. Then there's a bloody show which is a much larger amount & blood tinged. The bloody show is much more likely to be an indication of labour apparently. I had a bloody show with my son but not until I was actually in early labour. It was HUGE in comparison to what I'm loosing now. Like the size of a thumb & tinged with brown blood, I actually continued to spot brown blood for a while after.

Hey ladies hope you all feeling good today . I'm not so much iv got back ache and as my little lady is pretty much stuck in oblique possition my hip bone at front is killing as her head is lodged in my hip .
Gotta go back in 10 days to see if she moved from oblique possition .
I heard that if not they may try move her but as my platlet count is so so low will they risk moving her what if I bleed inside or something .?

I'm so ready to not be pregnant anymore . Iv had enough .

Had a very busy day yesterday...had our 1st of 5 Bradley Method classes and then my baby shower was in the afternoon. We got a ton of stuff! Now I'll have to sort and organize everything. I was exhausted by the end of the day. But now of course I woke up at 4:30am to use the bathroom and can't fall back asleep

Had a very busy day yesterday...had our 1st of 5 Bradley Method classes and then my baby shower was in the afternoon. We got a ton of stuff! Now I'll have to sort and organize everything. I was exhausted by the end of the day. But now of course I woke up at 4:30am to use the bathroom and can't fall back asleep

I feel your pain! My husband got up at 3:30 this morning to leave for a business trip and I haven't been able to fall back to sleep since. After nearly an hour of lying there trying to I have given up and will just stay awake. :(

I had some pretty strong braxton hicks yesterday. I've never actually felt them before, so I wasn't sure if that's what was happening until I started feeling my stomach when the pain would come compared to when the pain would go. I had my husband rub my back until I fell asleep and now I'm feeling fine again. I must have been a strong concern for my dog though, she wouldn't leave my side. She usually sleeps on a dog bed on the floor, but kept insisting on being right next to me nearly the whole night.

So exciting! Some of you are considered full term now and some of you are so close! I'll be watching for your births and birth stories! Hoping for all the best for you all!

Friday we had our early 16 week private gender scan. We found out we are expecting a baby BOY! So excited to have one of each. I started feeling him the same day too! It was a perfect day!

Awwww congrats JM!!! And my god 16 weeks!!! It's flown by!

Awww congrats jm!!!

Re: birthing - We are having our little man in hospital via C-Section due to my scoliosis as pushing would likely snap my spine in half they say and they don't want to take the chances. Hoping the little guy stays in there so we can have a planned operation rather than having to have an emergency one after labor has started because that would kind of suck.

Newlywed, I would ask to be checked to see what's going on down there next apt. With my DD I lost about the same amount as you for a week and then went into labor.

my,doctor said that at my next appointment, a week from tomorrow, that they will do the group b strep test and "start waist down stuff" so I am assuming she plans on checking me.

I had rlp sooo bad last night! Had me in tears! Are we done yet? Lol!

Congrats on the baby boy jm!! How exciting!

So exciting! Some of you are considered full term now and some of you are so close! I'll be watching for your births and birth stories! Hoping for all the best for you all!

Friday we had our early 16 week private gender scan. We found out we are expecting a baby BOY! So excited to have one of each. I started feeling him the same day too! It was a perfect day!

Aww, yay!!! Congrats JM!!! You are getting close to halfway! : )

Congrats jm!

I don't think I've lost any plug yet although do get a fair amount of daily discharge.

I just finished my antenatal classes (NCT) yesterday (except the breast feeding class which is on Thursday) and I do feel more prepared although am still terrified! I'm pretty open to the idea of an epidural purely because the transition stage frightens me! I will see how I go in the pool with gas and air first though (provided baby is in a good position). The only thing that puts me off epidural is the increased risk of a forceps delivery yikes!

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether they will give the baby the vitamin k injection after birth? I want to do it but my DH is wary because of some old research (which hasn't been proven) where there was a link to leukaemia. If we need intervention during birth we will definitely give it but for a natural birth my DH doesn't want to. Just interested in anyone else's thoughts on this really.

Congrats on your blue bump JM!! :)

All going well at our scan next Friday I'll be delivering at our local low risk hospital in the maternity unit. I'd be too scared to have a home birth even though they sound lovely. I had no pain relief with dd though and was at home right until the last minute (dd arrived 15 mins after getting to hospital) so I plan on it being similar this time. I really think being at home and walking around to ease the pain is what helped speed up my labour so I do totally get why women choose a home birth.

Midwife phoned on Friday and I'm anemic which explains why I've been so incredibly tired recently. I thought it was just third tri tiredness as well as having two other little ones to look after but apparently my levels were quite low so hoping once the iron kicks in ill feel a lot better.

Fundal height was also 3cm behind at my appointment when it has been exact the whole way through. It was a different midwife though so I'm hoping she maybe measures differently or something? As my daughter was on the smaller side though they'll be measuring him at my presentation scan next week to be on the safe side.

Loopy Laura, both our kids had the vit K jag after birth and this one will too. It's a personal choice though?

Jmandrews congrats on the boy! Love you pic too!

Congrats jm!

I don't think I've lost any plug yet although do get a fair amount of daily discharge.

I just finished my antenatal classes (NCT) yesterday (except the breast feeding class which is on Thursday) and I do feel more prepared although am still terrified! I'm pretty open to the idea of an epidural purely because the transition stage frightens me! I will see how I go in the pool with gas and air first though (provided baby is in a good position). The only thing that puts me off epidural is the increased risk of a forceps delivery yikes!

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether they will give the baby the vitamin k injection after birth? I want to do it but my DH is wary because of some old research (which hasn't been proven) where there was a link to leukaemia. If we need intervention during birth we will definitely give it but for a natural birth my DH doesn't want to. Just interested in anyone else's thoughts on this really.

Both my girls had vit k, but I've done a lot more research into this time and I've put in my plan that I don't consent to it been administered as long as I have a problem free birth. If there's any trauma then yes I'll agree. And I don't want the drops either as I'm planning to bf again and want to maintain a "Virgin gut". There's a lot of preservatives in the injection so decided against. With my first she had forceps and had a heamatoma on her scalp :-( so she would have got it without a doubt as that's a bleed under the skin. However my second was problem free so if I'd of done research then instead of now (lol) she wouldn't have got it, but I just agreed as my first had it. :)

And yeh epidural can lead to a cascade of intervention as it can cause decels. I was on hormone drip which was pure evil, so ended up with epidural which caused decel which lead to forceps and really it was all due to "policies" so wouldn't agree to any of it now as she was totally happy in there before it all :-( but I didn't know anything back then.

Ugh, made the mistake of looking in a full length mirror at my naked bod. Sick. Even my stretch marks have stretch marks! I've gained 36 lbs, most of that being in the first half of pregnancy =( I even have massive ones, I'm surprised my skin can even stretch like that! Like, 1/2" wide and a couple inches long! Icky icky! How am I ever supposed to feel sexy again??? :wacko: :cry:

Hi ladies! It's been awhile since I have been on and just got caught up on the last few pages that I have missed.

Congrats on your blue bundle JM!

AFM: Early Friday morning I went into labor. Thankfully the staff, along with my OB, were wonderful and worked very hard at trying to halt contractions. I did have several injections and eventually was sedated in order to lengthen the time between contractions. I am still fairly groggy , but am really happy that my LO is safely growing in my tummy. My OB said that if we can make it to the 34 week mark that would give the baby a better outcome. I am back on bed rest and am going to just try and focus on 1 day at a time.

Hi ladies! It's been awhile since I have been on and just got caught up on the last few pages that I have missed.

Congrats on your blue bundle JM!

AFM: Early Friday morning I went into labor. Thankfully the staff, along with my OB, were wonderful and worked very hard at trying to halt contractions. I did have several injections and eventually was sedated in order to lengthen the time between contractions. I am still fairly groggy , but am really happy that my LO is safely growing in my tummy. My OB said that if we can make it to the 34 week mark that would give the baby a better outcome. I am back on bed rest and am going to just try and focus on 1 day at a time.

I'm glad they managed to stop it - fingers crossed you will make it to at least 34 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->