*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Baby has slowed down with the movement. I have a growth scan tomorrow. I think baby boy will make an appearance within a week.

Sorry to hear about your friend Laura, I lost a close friend in March to cancer and was very grateful that I got to spend all my weekends with her before she passed. It's not easy especially at our ages to lose people so young. My friend was only 43, to me that's way too young.

That's very exciting jcliff, your term now so let the show begin lol keep us updated.

Afm, I'm still having the aches in my cervix so I'm sure something is happening but I'm sure slowly. I have this feeling I'm gonna go way late and prob need to be induced and everything. I'm not having much of a feeling that spontaneous labor will happen, don't know why...just a feeling.

Did some shopping today felt good to get out in the beautiful weather...only 73 degrees here today so lovely. I bought some pj shirts for the hospital and tube socks so I can make a rice sock warmer. I swear half the stuff on this hospital bag list seems so pointless, yet I'm running around like a nut trying to get it all....I'm sure if I showed up at the hospital with nothing I'd be just fine ...dh thinks it's silly too.

Laura so sorry about your friend :hugs:

So today I've felt pretty lousy and been sleeping a lot. I also noticed a huge increase in mucus discharge down there. Then tonight it's streaked with blood. Pretty sure I'm currently losing my mucus plug! Could be going I to labor within days or could still be weeks! Crazy! I'm freaking out a little bit!

Laura :-( so sorry about your sad news regarding your friend. :hugs:

Which pool did you go for :) xx

La bassine! :) I liked the look of the birth pool in a box, but la bassine was cheaper when I added up all the extras I wanted. Bought it from birthease.co.uk

Hope it's good!

So my baby shower is saturday and my sister in law wants to do a 'guess what's in the diaper bag' game. What do I put in there, typical things you'd find in a diaper bag, or just anything baby related?

I put everything in mine!! Way too much! Typical baby things:

Diapers
Pacifier
Wipes
Change of baby clothes
Bottle of bottle feeding
Blanket
Teddy/small rattle
Bootees
Hat

Laura so sorry about your friend :hugs:

So today I've felt pretty lousy and been sleeping a lot. I also noticed a huge increase in mucus discharge down there. Then tonight it's streaked with blood. Pretty sure I'm currently losing my mucus plug! Could be going I to labor within days or could still be weeks! Crazy! I'm freaking out a little bit!

If you start feeling tightenings I would go in asap. You are still a bit early and they would want to stop labour if it were to start.
I lost lots of plug with mine but not streaked with blood. Maybe call in and ask about it?

Which pool did you go for :) xx

La bassine! :) I liked the look of the birth pool in a box, but la bassine was cheaper when I added up all the extras I wanted. Bought it from birthease.co.uk

Hope it's good!
I've a la bassine too :) eeeeek so exciting!!! When you you have your visit from mw? Had mine Monday, they basically go through a checklist list including reasons for transfer, stuff you want like natural or injection for placenta, if your using a pool or not, where you plan to birth (up or down stairs- not that it matters :-/ ) and just to see if ambulance access is fine which majority of homes it is (unless you live on the top of a mountain lol) they don't look round or anything.

Thanks everyone for your kind words about my friend, and sorry sprite that this happened to your friend in March. I totally agree - too young.

Looking forward to hearing some baby announcements from those at 37 weeks or more, and hope others can continue cooking a bit longer!

So my baby shower is saturday and my sister in law wants to do a 'guess what's in the diaper bag' game. What do I put in there, typical things you'd find in a diaper bag, or just anything baby related?

I put everything in mine!! Way too much! Typical baby things:

Diapers
Pacifier
Wipes
Change of baby clothes
Bottle of bottle feeding
Blanket
Teddy/small rattle
Bootees
Hat

I would throw in a few things that most people wouldn't get as well. Like some breast pads, maybe a nursing cover, (if you plan on nursing) otherwise some things like the little remedies travel kit, a change of shirt for yourself, ice pack, pacifier wipes. Just some things that not everyone would think of so you don't have a bunch of people winning.

So sorry about your friend Laura :(

TMI but experiencing some orangey/brown blood after sex, no pain or tightenings so fx'ed it's just my cervix has been irritated but I'm keeping an eye on it. I'm not ready for him to arrive yet!

Got a preview of some of the maternity pics from the other day...we won't have the rest for another 2 weeks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 13
Sorry about your friend Laura :hugs:

Great pic GeralynB!

I am so disappointed! Found out that i tested positive for the group b strep test :growlmad: With my ds they couldn't find my results so they treated me as if i was pos and i had to stay in hospital for 48 hours. I don't want to have to stay that long again (it is a different hospital this time though) and i worry what that will mean for my labor because I want to be able to move around. :cry:

Can you ask to be tested again in a couple of weeks? As it's something you can be positive for one day then it not be there the next. It's very unreliable really because of that.

I got some terrible news this morning about my uncle, was told he is in the ICU in an induced coma right now, the MRI found he has a large tumor but luckily between his skull and his brain so is operable and good chance of recovery... don't know when he will be go in for surgery but if you guys could pray for him we would be so grateful.

Laura, I'm sorry about your friend! I will pray for you and her family.

As far as being winded, I am the same, I find myself out of breath very easy lately, I can't even finish a sentence without having to stop and take a breath. My boss keeps asking if I'm ok! Lol.

He is starting to kick my ribs a lot more. Which I feel like his foot or something is just lodged under my ribs so I can't lean forward all the way. And sometimes I feel like his hands/arm is down in my thigh! Like I'm feeling movement so low in my hip that it's almost in my thigh lol. Is that weird or do you guys know what I'm talking about? Supposedly he is head down so that's what I assume it is anyway.

Even though the feeling is sometimes uncomfortable, feeling him so high up is reassuring that he's growing - I have been a little worried because I was told he was in the 15th percentile at 31 weeks, which dropped from the 25th percentile at 18 weeks. So feeling these different movements and in much higher places makes me feel like he's getting bigger. I have another growth scan next week on Monday and we'll see where he is. I just hope it's more that I make smaller babies and not IUGR or anything wrong with my placenta.

Sorry to hear about your uncle RcdM. I will keep everything crossed for a successful recovery.

Just felt a leak, I had just gone to the bathroom so it wasn't pee, and I checked and it wasn't mucous, so we packed the suitcase just in case.

Sorry about your friend Laura :hugs:

Great pic GeralynB!

I am so disappointed! Found out that i tested positive for the group b strep test :growlmad: With my ds they couldn't find my results so they treated me as if i was pos and i had to stay in hospital for 48 hours. I don't want to have to stay that long again (it is a different hospital this time though) and i worry what that will mean for my labor because I want to be able to move around. :cry:

I'm positive for strep b also. I had to take antibiotics and then when my water breaks I have to go straight to the hospital to get iv antibiotics. I asked my midwife about it and she said I can still move around and don't have to be attached to the iv the whole time. I just have to get the dose of antibiotics and then they'll take me off the iv. She didn't say anything about having to stay in the hospital longer

Had my 37 week appointment today (37+2), no change in dilation. Baby's heartbeat was fine. Doctor said that since he's measuring big, I"m already dilating, and I'm very swollen, they would consider "helping me along" next Friday (which is when I have my next appointment). So 9 days! No more than 9 days! I am so disappointed, because I was hoping I had made more progress. He could definitely still come on his own (which is my hope). If I make it to Friday I will have never been this pregnant before. It figures that my last baby would be my latest and most stubborn! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed and praying that he comes in the next few days.

Good luck, Newlywed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"