*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Newlywed-are you going to get checked out? I would if you had a leak. Sounds possible it could be amniotic fluid. Good luck! Hope she isn't planing on coming

RcdM-So sorry about your uncle :hugs:

Geralyn-lovely pic. You have a lovely bump! :)

Kel21-sorry you've got strep b :-( I agree with Ljo about asking for another test soon, as it's one of those things that can go by the time you labour.

Vickyandchick-it does sound like cervical irratattion. If you have no tightemings, I wouldn't worry too much. Your full term now though, so keep an eye out fior signs :)

Which pool did you go for :) xx

La bassine! :) I liked the look of the birth pool in a box, but la bassine was cheaper when I added up all the extras I wanted. Bought it from birthease.co.uk

Hope it's good!
I've a la bassine too :) eeeeek so exciting!!! When you you have your visit from mw? Had mine Monday, they basically go through a checklist list including reasons for transfer, stuff you want like natural or injection for placenta, if your using a pool or not, where you plan to birth (up or down stairs- not that it matters :-/ ) and just to see if ambulance access is fine which majority of homes it is (unless you live on the top of a mountain lol) they don't look round or anything.

I know! Mine arrived today :) have you set it up yet? Is it easy to do? Stressing over tap connectors, as I'm useless with working things like that out! :haha:

Waiting for my midwife to get in touch with me, as I asked for a home appointment.
The assessment midwife says I may get offered a sweep earlier than +40 weeks if I'm having a home birth. Even as early as 38/39 weeks?! Have you heard of this before? Seems odd

Growth scan today, baby already 7.5lb! Head engaged and 2cm dialated. Nothing left to do but wait

Jcliff-sounds like he is ready to go!! How exciting! :)

Wow jcliff that's awesome. Can't believe 7.5 lbs already now I'm wishing I would have taken my ob up on the offer when they suggested a growth scan, I cannot wait to see how big or small my baby is

Can you ask to be tested again in a couple of weeks? As it's something you can be positive for one day then it not be there the next. It's very unreliable really because of that.

I'm just not sure i would want to pay for another test! Especially if it would still not be acurate for the day i go into labor! Wish they could just test that day! Thanks for the thought though :)

Sorry about your friend Laura :hugs:

Great pic GeralynB!

I am so disappointed! Found out that i tested positive for the group b strep test :growlmad: With my ds they couldn't find my results so they treated me as if i was pos and i had to stay in hospital for 48 hours. I don't want to have to stay that long again (it is a different hospital this time though) and i worry what that will mean for my labor because I want to be able to move around. :cry:

I'm positive for strep b also. I had to take antibiotics and then when my water breaks I have to go straight to the hospital to get iv antibiotics. I asked my midwife about it and she said I can still move around and don't have to be attached to the iv the whole time. I just have to get the dose of antibiotics and then they'll take me off the iv. She didn't say anything about having to stay in the hospital longer

Good to know, thanks!

Hope baby's not coming yet newlywed!

Sorry to hear about your uncle RcdM :hugs:

I haven't felt anything else come out so I think it was a false alarm. If I am counting contractions though, are they only you're whole bump tightening, or are off and on tight period cramping also contractions?

RcdM- So sorry about your uncle:hugs:

Jcliff- how exciting, sounds like it won't be long.

Baby has been rolling round and sticking out numerous body parts that it feels like there's 2 in there! Here's my bubba bump with only 20 days to goooo:happydance:

Attachments

• 10629703_10152710908624301_2871020622245410315_n.jpg
    10629703_10152710908624301_2871020622245410315_n.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 12
I haven't felt anything else come out so I think it was a false alarm. If I am counting contractions though, are they only you're whole bump tightening, or are off and on tight period cramping also contractions?

The period type cramps is what sent me to the hospital! You should call your dr office just to be safe!

What a cute bump vickyandchick!

RcdM- So sorry about your uncle:hugs:

Jcliff- how exciting, sounds like it won't be long.

Baby has been rolling round and sticking out numerous body parts that it feels like there's 2 in there! Here's my bubba bump with only 20 days to goooo:happydance:

I agree Vicky, she sticks her but out and must be trying to push each leg in the opposite direction and I can feel her pushing on both sides of my stomach. I tried to video recorder it today when she did it but of course she stopped.

Dh says it looks like there is an alien in there. Lol

Ok. I will start timing them. They dont seem to be getting worse or more frequent or anything. A leak would keep going right? Or would I feel it the once and then not again? it's been close to 3 hours..

Got a preview of some of the maternity pics from the other day...we won't have the rest for another 2 weeks

Lovely pic geralyn, dh and I are going to the shore one last time this weekend and I would like to see if I can get some pics similar to this on the beach or the bayside. Now that we have our new camera hopefully they turn out good.

Ok. I will start timing them. They dont seem to be getting worse or more frequent or anything. A leak would keep going right? Or would I feel it the once and then not again? it's been close to 3 hours..

have you tried laying down and not moving for half an hour then getting up and seeing if theres any fluid leakage?
When I thought I had a leak with the twins they had me lay on my back for half an hour then they came and checked me out.

Turns out I'd only peed myself and not felt it :p

have you tried laying down and not moving for half an hour then getting up and seeing if theres any fluid leakage?
When I thought I had a leak with the twins they had me lay on my back for half an hour then they came and checked me out.

Turns out I'd only peed myself and not felt it :p

LOL. I haven't laid down, but I've sat for awhile (not sure how long) and stood up and nothing. I dont think it was pee because I had just gone like 5 min. prior, but I could be wrong.

ETA: started timing contractions, super irregular so I'm not even going to keep bothering with it.

I also feel like I have more than one baby in there pushing out. Yesterday, I could feel something that felt like a little hand or foot pushing out. It was small and had something long attached to it like a leg or an arm. I can't wait to touch his little hands and feet instead of feeling through my belly. I'm so excited to meet my little boy and very ready for him to be here (but still hoping he waits about 2.5-4 more weeks). I just have a few small things left to buy but if he was to come before I got them, it wouldn't really matter.

Which pool did you go for :) xx

La bassine! :) I liked the look of the birth pool in a box, but la bassine was cheaper when I added up all the extras I wanted. Bought it from birthease.co.uk

Hope it's good!
I've a la bassine too :) eeeeek so exciting!!! When you you have your visit from mw? Had mine Monday, they basically go through a checklist list including reasons for transfer, stuff you want like natural or injection for placenta, if your using a pool or not, where you plan to birth (up or down stairs- not that it matters :-/ ) and just to see if ambulance access is fine which majority of homes it is (unless you live on the top of a mountain lol) they don't look round or anything.

I know! Mine arrived today :) have you set it up yet? Is it easy to do? Stressing over tap connectors, as I'm useless with working things like that out! :haha:

Waiting for my midwife to get in touch with me, as I asked for a home appointment.
The assessment midwife says I may get offered a sweep earlier than +40 weeks if I'm having a home birth. Even as early as 38/39 weeks?! Have you heard of this before? Seems odd

Yeh mines set up in Spare bedroom but last time did it in labour cause it was downstairs. Only takes 5 mins to blow up anyway :). Last time we had to attatch it to hot water supply for washer under the sink (as new one only uses cold) as attatchment wouldn't fit on sink :-/ this time got no chance of using taps in bathroom as there massive mixers so I'm having to fill the bath and use the pump you get to empty the pool to cyphon the water from the bath!!! Lol unless hubby can get it attached to the shower by disconnecting the head.

Last time mw booked me for sweep 40+5 (she was gonna do 40 but closed for Xmas) but she came day before. I wouldn't accept at 38/39, it'd only work if your body was ready anyway in which case let nature do it's job sort of thing, I've put in my plan I don't want any at all. :)

A leak wouldn't always keep going. When I leaked amniotic fluid with dd2 from 28 weeks, it was a trickle. Very subtle really. I think things like if the baby is head down in the pelvis can cause just the forewaters to come out, as baby can act as a plug for the hind waters if that makes sense.

Hope your doing ok now. :flower:

I was having some pretty regular and painful Braxton hicks last night so much so that we almost went in . . . And then they stopped once I'd laid down for an hour or so! Am going to get my bag packed properly today just in case!

I don't want him to come yet stay inside a bit longer little one!

Kiki-maybe baby was just trying to remind you to get your bag packed! :)

Keep an eye on the BHs though. My midwife said if your getting them, try shifting position, going to the loo, having a drink etc. true contractions will progress and stay around, BHs go. Apparently it can be something as simple as baby pressing on a nerve that can set them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->