*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

After a morning of getting mad because of Babies R Us and a very grumpy 2 year old, I went on Facebook to see that I won these Munchkin Latch bottles. I'm excited to try them, they look interesting. I had bought Tommee Tippee bottles because I got them for a great price, but I think I will try these instead. I don't plan on using any bottles for the first while, but I wanted to have some just in case and for later when I plan to pump so others can feed him too.

Attachments

• pTRUCA1-19175336_alternate5_dt.jpg
    pTRUCA1-19175336_alternate5_dt.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1
I still feel like I have way toouch to do before baby gets here! Kitchen is still under construction, nursery is filled with gifts from the shower and not organized, hospital bag is not packed...little man better stay in there for a while!

Congrats Mamamac!!!! They are absolutely beautiful! Their weights are super for 33 weeks! So happy for you!!! :happydance:

Alright ladies, who's next? :haha:

Aww Mamamac!!! Look at you with your two beautiful babies! So happy
for you!! :)
Congratulations

Mamamac - congratulations!! I'm so happy for you and such great weights! It really is exciting to hear that this is finally happening for this group!

My work spoilt me so much today - it was the last time I will see one team and they just showered me with presents, balloons, cupcakes etc - they're not even my own team and I still have over a week to go!!

It was really good to have a nice day after horrible news about my friend this week. I also had my breast feeding class today which I found really useful although 3 hours wasn't long enough and felt like I still wanted to know more! That's all my antenatal classes finished now and I packed my hospital bag last night. I'm not quite feeling ready yet though and would like some time to relax after I finish work before I go into labour!

I'll go next :p
I had to call and get another prescription for Zofran. Haven't had to take any since 24 weeks but now my nausea and vomiting are back. Can't keep down any food unless I take one a day. I can barely walk anymore without being in a lot of pain, too :(

We have decided on a home birth, providing the home birth midwife that visits us says yes. It's the only way to solve child care issues when labour starts. Excited/nervous at the same time.

Everyone decided on how they want to birth?

Yep! We're planning another home birth! I'll most likely be having a "dry land" labor like I had with my son and ended having with my daughter. So excited, can't wait to meet this new little one!

So exciting! Some of you are considered full term now and some of you are so close! I'll be watching for your births and birth stories! Hoping for all the best for you all!

Friday we had our early 16 week private gender scan. We found out we are expecting a baby BOY! So excited to have one of each. I started feeling him the same day too! It was a perfect day!

Congratulations, JM! Can't believe you are 16 weeks along already!

Hi ladies! It's been awhile since I have been on and just got caught up on the last few pages that I have missed.

Congrats on your blue bundle JM!

AFM: Early Friday morning I went into labor. Thankfully the staff, along with my OB, were wonderful and worked very hard at trying to halt contractions. I did have several injections and eventually was sedated in order to lengthen the time between contractions. I am still fairly groggy , but am really happy that my LO is safely growing in my tummy. My OB said that if we can make it to the 34 week mark that would give the baby a better outcome. I am back on bed rest and am going to just try and focus on 1 day at a time.

So glad they were able to halt the contractions! Bake that baby for a few more weeks.

It took us a long time to get pregnant on clomid as I wasn't getting any cycles for 8 months at a time. I was told I'm pre-menopausal and have very low fertility (I'm 33) so this baby is a little miracle! I'm hoping we may be lucky again once more though as this is my first.

I will really miss being pregnant especially the movements and I find having a bump so comforting! I love her already and while I can't wait to meet her I'm in no rush just yet! Hospital bags aren't packed and house extension isn't due to be completed until the due date eek!

Over the past couple of days I'm really struggling to take deep breaths or yawn and I feel winded when I try. It's really disconcerting but I guess she's probably up in my diaphragm or something. Which doesn't make sense as I'm getting up at least 3 times a night to pee as well!

My friend passed away today after a long battle with cancer so I'm feeling really sad ugh.

So sorry about your friend passing. Big hugs. xxxx

I got some terrible news this morning about my uncle, was told he is in the ICU in an induced coma right now, the MRI found he has a large tumor but luckily between his skull and his brain so is operable and good chance of recovery... don't know when he will be go in for surgery but if you guys could pray for him we would be so grateful.

Laura, I'm sorry about your friend! I will pray for you and her family.

As far as being winded, I am the same, I find myself out of breath very easy lately, I can't even finish a sentence without having to stop and take a breath. My boss keeps asking if I'm ok! Lol.

He is starting to kick my ribs a lot more. Which I feel like his foot or something is just lodged under my ribs so I can't lean forward all the way. And sometimes I feel like his hands/arm is down in my thigh! Like I'm feeling movement so low in my hip that it's almost in my thigh lol. Is that weird or do you guys know what I'm talking about? Supposedly he is head down so that's what I assume it is anyway.

Even though the feeling is sometimes uncomfortable, feeling him so high up is reassuring that he's growing - I have been a little worried because I was told he was in the 15th percentile at 31 weeks, which dropped from the 25th percentile at 18 weeks. So feeling these different movements and in much higher places makes me feel like he's getting bigger. I have another growth scan next week on Monday and we'll see where he is. I just hope it's more that I make smaller babies and not IUGR or anything wrong with my placenta.

I am sorry about your uncle. Sending hugs and prayers. xxx

Hey everybody...

You know how we've all been wondering who will arrive first? Well, I have the answer!

View attachment 801493

Our little Baby Macs were born via c-section at 10:49 & 10:50 am September 10, 2014!

After posting about losing my mucus plug I began having some low back pain which got increasingly painful Andorra constant as the night went on. I barely slept it hurt so much. Called labor and delivery around 4:30 am and told them what was going on. They told me to try a hot shower to relieve the pain and see if it helped. While I was in the shower around 5 am my contractions started. I started timing and they were pretty regular. Every 5-6 mins and about 1-2 mins long. But my belly wasn't tightening so I wasn't sure if it really was contractions. But they had told me to come in if my back didnt settle down so I woke up DH and told him we needed to go in. We finished up some quick bag packing an by then they were 3 1/2 mins apart and 1 min 10 secs long each time. We hurried into the hospital. I was bleeding quite a bit by then and the nurse thought it was probably my uti hand cleared up and had gotten worse. But when they did a check we got a surprise...100% effaced and 4 cm dilated! There was no stopping it now! Baby Brooke was still breech so they hurried me in for C- section. I was pretty freaked out at how quickly it was all happening but the surgery went very smoothly and our babies came out a very surprising 6 lbs 8 oz & 5 lbs 9 oz!

They went straight to NICU but are doing great. I only get to see them for about 30 seconds in the OR and then I had to wait all day. DH spent a lot of time with them while I rested and finally at 10 pm I was allowed into a wheel chair to go see my babies. The pic is me holding them together for the first time! We feel very blessed that they arrived so healthy considering how early they decided to show up!

Will keep tabs on the group as much as I can...wish you all the very best of luck with your deliveries!!!!! Thanks for sharing the pregnant journey with me!!!! <3

MamaMac

Congratulations! That are beautiful and great weights for their gestation! Congratulations again! Haha, you maybe have just started the domino effect!

I'll go next :p
I had to call and get another prescription for Zofran. Haven't had to take any since 24 weeks but now my nausea and vomiting are back. Can't keep down any food unless I take one a day. I can barely walk anymore without being in a lot of pain, too :(

I am sorry you are dealing with nausea and vomiting again. That must be terrible! I hope you can get some relief soon!

AFM: 35 weeks and 1 day today! :happydance: Getting so close now! I've fallen behind on all my cleaning and need to catch up. Baby is definitely head down as when I measure my fundal height, I can feel the bulge of baby's head. I measured right on at 35 cm, baby's hb was good at 150... my bp was good, and my weight had gone down a couple pounds, don't know how since I've been eating everything in sight! Can't wait to meet my new little one.. Be is getting really excited too.. our friends J&L want to be here for the birth, plus they could watch the kids.. and to be honest, I really wouldn't mind having them here as J was a medic in the service, lol. Plus, just the extra support would be great! :happydance:

Mama ac OMG they are so cute. Congratulations! They are such great weights too. Hopefully they will continues to do so well so you can go home soon.

AFM: thought my water was leaking last night. Waited thru the night with some contractions and finally went on this AM. They checked and it wasn't my water but the discharge is full of white blood cells. They don't think infection, instead they said it could be that the cervix is ripping. I was also contracting every 3-5 mins which despite IV fluids and 4 hours is still happening. I will need a repeat csection but since I am only 35 weeks they don't want to do it yet. I am not dilated yet despite the strong contractions (but never dilated with my daughter either leading to a csection) but I am thinned out and soft so something is happening.

They offered to keep me and watch, but allowed me to come home to see if either the contractions get worse or go away or if my water breaks. They can't give me turbutaline to stop the contractions bc of my heart condition.

So...now just waiting. The RN joked and said she would see me tomorrow but we will see......not sure I can continue to have contractions for the next 2 weeks before they would allow csection (at 37 weeks)

Already said this in the twin section but: Congrats Mamamac!!!

Massive congrats Mamamac! Can't believe we have our first babies in this group :)

Everything is pointing towards me getting my hospital bag sorted now can't keep putting it off! No more Braxton hicks yesterday at least not the painful ones anyway!

Yesterday I thought I was leaking waters so I done that test were ya lye down for half uour fort up see if ya leak . Well I didn't . But this morning was leaking clear fluid again , but stopped again .
Can this just keep happening . No pains just feel sick n tired

Congratulations Mamamac!!! They are gorgeous, and such great weights! I hope you and your new family are doing well!

Starbrites-sorry to hear yor having a rough time. Not too long until baby will be here and the pregnancy related side affects go. Hopefully you will be next :flower:

Rbourre-congrats on your win! Exciting :)

Braxton hicks kept waking me up last night! I just know I will go overdue though (again!)

Anyone else tired? These last few weeks are so hard!

Yesterday I thought I was leaking waters so I done that test were ya lye down for half uour fort up see if ya leak . Well I didn't . But this morning was leaking clear fluid again , but stopped again .
Can this just keep happening . No pains just feel sick n tired

Your cervix can produce quite watery discharge. I get a lot on a morning too! Yuck lol. Waters have a distinctive smell to them too, a bleachy sort of smell.

Starbrites-sorry to hear yor having a rough time. Not too long until baby will be here and the pregnancy related side affects go. Hopefully you will be next :flower:

Rbourre-congrats on your win! Exciting :)

Braxton hicks kept waking me up last night! I just know I will go overdue though (again!)

Anyone else tired? These last few weeks are so hard!

Yes, very tired. I wake up feeling like I haven't slept in weeks. I think I will get more sleep after baby is born.

It has been over 8 years since my labor with my ds but my waters went with him...sort of. The day i went into labor i got out of bed and felt a small gush. That was it pretty much. Everything after that was just small trickles. I remember looking down at my leg after my shower and a small trickle of blood tinged waters rolled down my leg. When i went to get checked they did the fern test and told me my waters had not gone. But i knew they had. They left one of those stips that change color with amniotic fluid in my undies and sent me to the mall to walk around till my contractions got stronger (they felt like strong period type pains only) and by the time i went to the bathroom it had already changed color. I think my son's head was just plugging it up. Hope that story helps someone :)

Yesterday i decided i am close enough to full term to start not babying myself. So no more mostly sitting on my butt! Lol. Going to the store today to buy a bunch of food that i am going to prepare and freeze. I hate cooking!

Oh and i don't recall any odor with my waters. I didn't sniff it though and it has been awhile but nothing pops into my head.

Rbourre-agree-at least we can lay how we want in bed when they are here! So looking forward to that!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->