*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I feel the same about posting. A lot of times I just reply to others and throw an update in there. It might get read but often no responses. I thought I was just being overly sensitive.

Good luck with picking a name! And your bump does look fantastic!

Happy 36 weeks kiki!

I'm glad it seems I am not the only one to feel this way, lol. I thought the same thing as well. I try to update and reply... but by the time I do, it's like so much has already happened, lol. And thank you, Mushy! I hope DH will cooperate with me when it comes to naming the baby! :haha:

La mere, were waiting for baby to be born to pick a name as well but we have 3 names on our top names list and dh finds something wrong with all but the one I've said all along. I just don't want to go telling people and then we change our minds.

Go ahead and comment of stuff even if it is 5 pages back. Sometimes I do. Or I'll read about something and then 3 days later think oh that's a very good point but the subjects already changed. Lots of time I read everything just like to see what others have to say about it first lol especially when it comes to something I know nothing about lol

Vicky, I thought I was doing good with the stretch marks too until this weekend I've got little purple spots all over my belly now and it itches sometimes. I'm actually remembering the bio-oil now but I probably should have been better with it all along.

Afm, I had the day off work today and I thought my hospital bag was all ready and I actually had everything in the car ready to go until I stopped at a thrift shop while I was out today looking for more maternity clothes and I swear it was like someone dropped their hospital bag off there just for me because I found a rob, nursing tanks, nursing bras, pjs, and a couple maternity shirts. I got it all for $32 and then I went back to target and returned all the brand new stuff I bought and got a refund of almost $80... Talk about a good day. I'm washing everything I bought as I type this.

I avoided stretch marks the 1st time round and I'm hoping to again but I think if you're going to get them, you're going to get them.

Also yoyo has been quiet today. I wonder if she has had baby number 4.

Congratulations Whigfield!! He is so gorgeous :)

Glad you were in hospital when you discovered he was breech and all went well :flower:

I feel the same way about posting.
I know I don't reply to everyone but that's cos im on my phone and it gets annoying having to go back and check who said what :p

Im 37 weeks now which means as long as nothing pops up in the next few weeks I can have my home birth!
baby has shifted off my pubic bone and that awful pain has gone finally when I'm walking. Moving around in bed still hurts though.
Not much else exciting happening here, after baby shifted position I had 3 days of feeling like I constantly needed to poop it was rather unpleasant along with 3 days of quite strong bhs...... and I suddenly felt like I needed to get everything sorted.
But all that's gone away now so I think it was just the positional change and my body getting used to it maybe?

35 Weeks! And cervix is closed :(

Its a good thing your cervix is still closed at 35 weeks :)
You really don't want a pre term baby.

I definitely dont, but I was hoping all the "knife in the crotch" pains I had been having were actually doing something.
She did say my cervix was soft though, whatever that means?

So this whole time I keep thinking Ive been losing pieces of plug, can you even lose anything with a closed cervix? :shrug:

newlywed not sure how it works with the mucous plug and a closed cervix. Hang in there!!

I feel the same way about the thread, I often ask questions that don't get much of a response but I figure it's just because it does move fast like everyone has said and by the time you've caught up the main thing you remember to reply to is the last thing you read!

I have some GREAT news though, I had my growth scan today and the baby most definitely had a growth spurt!! He was in 25th percentile at 18/22 weeks, 15th percentile at 31 weeks, and today he is in the 48th percentile!!! Measuring 6lbs 6oz! I was so shocked. I was going to just be happy if he had maintained his growth rate as long as he didn't slow down, but he is looking to be big and healthy and perfect and we are so relieved.

I'm really glad it's a common feeling about posting! Things do go quickly here though. I guess we're all just super chatty!

I'm not too concerned about stretch marks, I got a bunch when I went through a growth spurt as a teenager.

Hope everything goes well this next three weeks zephyr! I can't wait until my baby drops, the heartburn is killing me. I don't care about any other pain, I just want this heartburn to go away!

Yay great news rcdm

Not sure about the mucus plug either newlywed, but I can say I am having an abundance to lotiony cm and often feel either sweaty or wetness. I was out today shopping and almost bought a pack of pads because I seriously thought I might have peed myself and not felt it....how embarrassing. I've had lots of sharp stab by pains a couple weeks back and thought for sure something had to be happening but the pains have stopped so maybe it is just from your cervix softening. ??

My bils gif was 4cm dilated for over 2 weeks before her water broke and friends have said they were not dilated at all and went on to have baby 2 days later so I'm sure everyone is different. This is my first so I have no clue what to expect, I just hope your baby sits tight for another 2 weeks.

Re: heartburn ....omg is the acid reflux horrible. I don't actually get the burning in my chest but it's the sensation in my throat that just drives me crazy. I better take out some stock in tums because they're making money off of me lol

Do you think it's a myth that if you have a lot of heartburn/ acid reflux that they baby will have a lot of hair?

I kind of hope she at least has some hair...make this acid reflux worth it lol

Thanks everyone. I feel so clueless! I actually thought it was normal to be dilated already..

I forgot to add that I was measuring 36 weeks, and my heartrate at first was 139/87 which is super high for me, she took it again 15 min later and it was down to 133/72 which is usually where it is. I have gained 35 lbs total. This weekly appointments are going to kill me, it's a 1.5 hour drive just to get there, and my husband is whining away about it.

Im not sure about mucous plug either. With my last pregnancy I was losing pieces of it from early on but at 38 weeks when I went for induction my cervix was still shut tight and unfavourable. Its so weird :p

mushymilk my heartburn has eased a little bit but its still there at night. I hate it so much! Im hoping it goes away as baby drops lower down but im not expecting it to drop much more till closer to labour.

Sprite absolutely! I had wicked heartburn with all my pregnancies and all my babies were bald!! My first I had the worst reflux and she still had very little hair on her 1st birthday.

newlywed I have some GREAT news though, I had my growth scan today and the baby most definitely had a growth spurt!! He was in 25th percentile at 18/22 weeks, 15th percentile at 31 weeks, and today he is in the 48th percentile!!! Measuring 6lbs 6oz! I was so shocked. I was going to just be happy if he had maintained his growth rate as long as he didn't slow down, but he is looking to be big and healthy and perfect and we are so relieved.

That is wonderful news! :)

I had 2 boys with lots of hair and no heartburn... Who knows? Lol

Hahahaha... My ticker still think I am going to have a baby at 36.4 weeks. I guess we will see if it is right, lol, I don't think it is.
Anyone else here have GD controlled with diet?

newlywed not sure how it works with the mucous plug and a closed cervix. Hang in there!!

I feel the same way about the thread, I often ask questions that don't get much of a response but I figure it's just because it does move fast like everyone has said and by the time you've caught up the main thing you remember to reply to is the last thing you read!

I have some GREAT news though, I had my growth scan today and the baby most definitely had a growth spurt!! He was in 25th percentile at 18/22 weeks, 15th percentile at 31 weeks, and today he is in the 48th percentile!!! Measuring 6lbs 6oz! I was so shocked. I was going to just be happy if he had maintained his growth rate as long as he didn't slow down, but he is looking to be big and healthy and perfect and we are so relieved.

That is great news!!

I have reflux every night but luckily not during the day. I keep the Tums in the bathroom and every time I get up to pee in the middle of the night I take one

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->