*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Argh. At hospital.again waiting for them to have a bed free in Mau to check my blood pressure as it was 140/104 at midwives again earlier! Keep getting sent here to be sent home again :( wish my blood pressure would just behave.

been waiting for them to have a bed for 45mins already so looks like ill be here til 12-1am with no money and in soooo thirsty i need water :(

I am actually jealous of you guys because it took so much to soften and dilate my cervix

Okay so here's the short version. I woke up at 230 am Saturday feeling really nauseous, so I got up, went to the bathroom, tossed and turned in bed, around 3 I got up to get a drink And my water broke! It was so gross andmade such a mess! We made it out the door by 4 and were at the er at 530. They got be checked in, confirmed it was my waters, and started m monitoring me. When they checked me around 8am, my cervix was so high he couldn't find it. Early afternoon they started me on a pill to soften my cervix. I had to take 3 doses
of it! They kept checking me, it took for hours to go from 1 and 60% to 1.5 and 70%, and another 4 to 2cm and 80! They had me on the monitors 2 hours and off 2 hours and I went crazy on them, I just wanted to move around! They went to bring me a Firth fuse of meds around 8pm, but m my contractions were so strong she decided not to give it. . They gave me iv pain meds around 11, at 2 they started an epidural and pitocin, and I slept off and o
n until 6 they checked me at 10 cm! I didn't feel ready to push so e let my body get her down. My epidural stated to wear off so we pushed for 1.5 hours and she was born at 10:51am! She's great! Having some issues with feeding , waiting for laction consultant to come by.

Wow, that took a while! Glad everything went well in the end though! Congrats again!

Had my twins, will update as soon as i can XXXX

How exciting, congrats!

Argh. At hospital.again waiting for them to have a bed free in Mau to check my blood pressure as it was 140/104 at midwives again earlier! Keep getting sent here to be sent home again :( wish my blood pressure would just behave.

been waiting for them to have a bed for 45mins already so looks like ill be here til 12-1am with no money and in soooo thirsty i need water :(

So sorry to hear this :hugs:

My c section is scheduled for the 30th if he doesn't show before then. I'm hoping he makes an appearance like now. I can barley walk!!

We are C-Section buddies! I am having mine on the 30th as well. We have to go through registration at 10am and our OR time is at noon. :) I understand about being able to barely walk as well. So much pressure!!!!

I am actually jealous of you guys because it took so much to soften and dilate my cervix

Okay so here's the short version. I woke up at 230 am Saturday feeling really nauseous, so I got up, went to the bathroom, tossed and turned in bed, around 3 I got up to get a drink And my water broke! It was so gross andmade such a mess! We made it out the door by 4 and were at the er at 530. They got be checked in, confirmed it was my waters, and started m monitoring me. When they checked me around 8am, my cervix was so high he couldn't find it. Early afternoon they started me on a pill to soften my cervix. I had to take 3 doses
of it! They kept checking me, it took for hours to go from 1 and 60% to 1.5 and 70%, and another 4 to 2cm and 80! They had me on the monitors 2 hours and off 2 hours and I went crazy on them, I just wanted to move around! They went to bring me a Firth fuse of meds around 8pm, but m my contractions were so strong she decided not to give it. . They gave me iv pain meds around 11, at 2 they started an epidural and pitocin, and I slept off and o
n until 6 they checked me at 10 cm! I didn't feel ready to push so e let my body get her down. My epidural stated to wear off so we pushed for 1.5 hours and she was born at 10:51am! She's great! Having some issues with feeding , waiting for laction consultant to come by.

Wow that's brutal!!! Glad that everyone made out fine though. Hopefully it won't take long to get the feeding sorted out for you. :)

Had my twins, will update as soon as i can XXXX

Congrats!!!! Can't wait to hear the update!

Thanks everyone. The lactation consultant showed me another way to hold her BC I couldn't take classes, and basically says she is acting as expected for her age

Congrats newlywed, and yes just keep trying, I'm sure she'll get it! Plus she is slightly early so she may just need a little time to get the hang of things.

Congrats Calm!! We're starting to see lots of babies!

I have exactly 10 days left! Section on 10/3!

Any of you ladies having some major cold feet/anxiety/nervousness about the birth??? I am super excited but I am extremely nervous and have a lot of anxiety about the procedure. Let's break it down honestly - I'm terrified! I've never been in the hospital nor have I ever had an IV, anesthetic, etc. It's so scary!!!! Yet just 2 hours after arriving at the hospital I will be holding my little baby boy. It's surreal.

Any of you ladies having some major cold feet/anxiety/nervousness about the birth??? I am super excited but I am extremely nervous and have a lot of anxiety about the procedure. Let's break it down honestly - I'm terrified! I've never been in the hospital nor have I ever had an IV, anesthetic, etc. It's so scary!!!! Yet just 2 hours after arriving at the hospital I will be holding my little baby boy. It's surreal.

Yes - me!! Feel exactly the same!

I'm not totally freaking but I am a little nervous. I'm trying for a natural birth and am afraid that once it all gets going I'll be like "what was I thinking?!?" Lol anyone else trying for a natural birth or had one in the past? I'm more worried about DH bc he does not to well with hospitals or any medical stuff

Congrats, calm!!!!

Newlywed, hope all continues to go well--good luck with the feeding!

I think I lost a big chunk of my mucous plug today at work. This sounds gross, but I was standing out in the hallway, and felt a "ploop" come out into my underwear. When I went to the restroom, there was a quarter size white glob in my underwear. I know that doesn't mean labor is any day, but it kind of makes me nervous because I've been feeling a lot more pressure down there the past few days, and I swear I pee every hour lol. I hope he stays put a while longer, since I'm still a few days shy of even being 36 weeks!!

Omg I am so glad I am not alone!!!! I can't remember are you having a C-Section or are you going all natural?

I'm not totally freaking but I am a little nervous. I'm trying for a natural birth and am afraid that once it all gets going I'll be like "what was I thinking?!?" Lol anyone else trying for a natural birth or had one in the past? I'm more worried about DH bc he does not to well with hospitals or any medical stuff

I had a natural birth with my second and I found the few contractions before the needing to push feeling started was hard but it seems to go fast and being told its too late for pain relief sucks but I just had to deal with it lol

I'm having a home birth and im trying not to think about the pain cos it has to be natural if I want a home birth. I'm really hoping it goes similar to my second.

Congrats calm! Every time I log on there are more babies and fewer bumps!

Congratulations calm!! :)

Sister rose-hope your ok honey

Newlywed-I'm sure you'll get there with feeding her. It took me a while to get the hang of it with both my girls-and for them to learn how to do it too, but was plain sailing once I got BF established. Good luck and enjoy the cuddles!

I have been getting some sharp pains in my lower stomach that only last 2-3 seconds. It's happened a few times today and it's pretty uncomfortable. My pelvis also hurts when I stand up from sitting/laying down. It goes away once I take a few steps, but it's pretty painful at first. I'm also dealing with sore fingers. The middle knuckle on every finger hurts. It started with just 2 fingers on one hand and has spread to all of them now (except my thumbs). I have a doctor's appointment coming up on Thursday morning so I will talk to the doctor about all of this.

Omg I am so glad I am not alone!!!! I can't remember are you having a C-Section or are you going all natural?

I'm not having a c section (unless something happens on the day) but my pain threshold isn't great so will probably end up with an epidural. Even that scares me though! I think it's just anxiety about the unknown. I guess we will just go with the flow on the day. :thumbup:

Congrats calm and Newlywed! Can't wait to hear more from you calm! And maybe see some pictures of some babies!

Not much to update on my part, just waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->