*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I was all excited to have birthday parties at the pumpkin patch.. Not now! :haha:

Hoping to go home today, but she is starting to look jaundice :(

:-( that's why I didn't go for pethadine, even though I felt totally out of it anyway that first time she asked which I wanted, and I cried and said epidural. I really didn't want it but I needed something with that awful drip and knew what pethadine would do to me, and my baby too cause it crosses the placenta,so no way was I gonna chose that! Only thing with g&a is how dry it makes your mouth, otherwise it's the best ha ha.

:-( that's why I didn't go for pethadine, even though I felt totally out of it anyway that first time she asked which I wanted, and I cried and said epidural. I really didn't want it but I needed something with that awful drip and knew what pethadine would do to me, and my baby too cause it crosses the placenta,so no way was I gonna chose that! Only thing with g&a is how dry it makes your mouth, otherwise it's the best ha ha.

Made me sound like Barry White!! :rofl:

I've been having period pain pressure on and off all night and day. It does feel like a tightening although they are quite irregular. I guess this must be braxton hicks although I don't think I've noticed them before. I also think I lost a bit of my plug this morning.

I was all excited to have birthday parties at the pumpkin patch.. Not now! :haha:

I think your late enough in September that you could. All of the pumpkin things and corn mazes here in pa are open already, your in ny right? If I'm mistaken sorry about that I hope I got my people straight

I would love to have birthdays at the pumpkin patch aww that reminds me I'm going to miss the punkin chunkin this year. Dang it.

Sorry to hear she looks jaundice, what do they do for that just put her under lights?

Nikko88 I'm due early October but I think it's a good month because it's slightly starting to cool down (I live in Arizona so really not by much but it's at least starting to get cooler at night). I remember growing up and being jealous of my class mates whose birthdays were very early in the school year because they were older than most other kids their grade, so maybe my son will enjoy that.

I also think it's nice to have a baby around this time because it will start cooling down and I can hide in sweats and comfy baggy hoodies while I'm losing baby weight! And will hopefully have my body back by the time it's warm again. :)

AFM - I'M IN THE SINGLE DIGITS TODAY!! 9 DAYS TO GO!
:happydance: and :wacko: and :cry: and :cloud9:

Nikko88 I'm due early October but I think it's a good month because it's slightly starting to cool down (I live in Arizona so really not by much but it's at least starting to get cooler at night). I remember growing up and being jealous of my class mates whose birthdays were very early in the school year because they were older than most other kids their grade, so maybe my son will enjoy that.

I also think it's nice to have a baby around this time because it will start cooling down and I can hide in sweats and comfy baggy hoodies while I'm losing baby weight! And will hopefully have my body back by the time it's warm again. :)

AFM - I'M IN THE SINGLE DIGITS TODAY!! 9 DAYS TO GO!
:happydance: and :wacko: and :cry: and :cloud9:

My birthday is October 5th and I was always younger than everyone. I graduated when I was 17, but at the school district I went to the cut off for kindergarten was December so I was able to start when I was 4.

My first was 32 hours of induced hell! (Never again!) second all natural and I was in labour over night but didn't realise until they got to the point I had to breath through them. By that point until her arrival was 6 hours. X

That's what I'm hoping for this time! It's good to hear you can have a good experience after a nasty induced one!!

Is anyone else waking up with contractions in the night? I have for 2 nights in a row now. They prob only last an hour, maybe a little longer (that I notice) and aren't regular as such. I'm then feeling really uncomfortable during the day, lots of twinges & BH but no contractions as such. Am I clutching at straws that this may be the start of pre-labour?!

Sounds like the start of things to me!

Hope she gets better quickly! How is the feeding going now?

I've been having period pain pressure on and off all night and day. It does feel like a tightening although they are quite irregular. I guess this must be braxton hicks although I don't think I've noticed them before. I also think I lost a bit of my plug this morning.

Sounds like the start of things for you too!

Well i had my 38w appt today. She did a really good sweep, hurt like a son of a gun! But i told her to make it good :) So far i have had more cramps and tightenings, and have started to have my bloody show i think. I know that having a sweep can cause spotting but it has been pieces like my plug i've been loosing for awhile but with brownish blood mixed in, so i am keeping my fxd!

They also did an ultrasound today because I was still measuring smaller than I used to and they were worried about the fluid. He is measuring large at 39w5d and they estimate his weight at 8lbs 2oz! Holy cow he needs to come out! Lol

Mushy-- My parents did the same thing. My birthday is September 26th and I was younger than everyone too. Lol, I started college being 17.

LoopyLaura- I'd say that sounds like the start of things for you :)

Kel- hope he gets a shift on!

How do school years work in the US then? My birthday is the end of August so I was always one of the youngest in my year, if not the youngest. I'm kinda glad he'll be one of the oldest- just a bummer he'll have to go to school on his birthday as I never did:haha:

How do school years work in the US then? My birthday is the end of August so I was always one of the youngest in my year, if not the youngest. I'm kinda glad he'll be one of the oldest- just a bummer he'll have to go to school on his birthday as I never did:haha:

For me traditionally school started in the fall, depending on the area it would either be mid to late August or early September and would end in late May to early June. How do they work there?

My first born was 4th september, when they all start back! poor thing!

For me traditionally school started in the fall, depending on the area it would either be mid to late August or early September and would end in late May to early June. How do they work there?

I completely read the post I was referring to wrong:dohh: I blame baby brain lol.
Ours start beginning of September and finish mid July :)

My first born was 4th september, when they all start back! poor thing!

Same as my daughter. She's only 2 but she will always be starting school right around her birthday. She wasn't due until November 15 but came on September 4.

My blood pressure has started to rise. I see the doctor in the morning so we will see what he wants to do. I'm hoping we can make it another week so I am closer to the 38 week mark but if he decides it's safer for baby to come sooner than I am ok with that. I've made it a lot longer than I did in my first pregnancy.

Yep well miss the cut off to start school here too. Most areas it's they child has to be 5 prior to aug 31st, and you'll find the occasional district where the cut off is sept 31st but they are few and far between so were figuring she will be older then all the rest.

Any of you ladies having some major cold feet/anxiety/nervousness about the birth??? I am super excited but I am extremely nervous and have a lot of anxiety about the procedure. Let's break it down honestly - I'm terrified! I've never been in the hospital nor have I ever had an IV, anesthetic, etc. It's so scary!!!! Yet just 2 hours after arriving at the hospital I will be holding my little baby boy. It's surreal.

Yes - me!! Feel exactly the same!

Omg I am so glad I am not alone!!!! I can't remember are you having a C-Section or are you going all natural?

I'm not having a c section (unless something happens on the day) but my pain threshold isn't great so will probably end up with an epidural. Even that scares me though! I think it's just anxiety about the unknown. I guess we will just go with the flow on the day. :thumbup:

Yeah no shame in an epidural or pain meds for sure!!! :) I hope it's very smooth and as quick as can be for you!

I am rather nervous of labour. My thought is that I really don't know what to expect, I know it's gonna hurt but I don't know how I'll handle the pain or how long it's gonna last.
I imagine that once I go into labour I'll panic and be like nooo, this hurts can't you stay in longer:haha:

Has anyone else had the "wait till the baby is here" comments?
I was complaining that I hardly got any sleep last night and someone said oooh wait till he's born, you won't sleep for years:wacko:
Also every time there's a child crying or making an above average level of noise, someone always turns round and says "better get used to that noise." Like gee, I never knew babies cried:dohh:

Yes those comments really make my blood boil!!!! As if someone who is pregnant doesn't know these things already. We are pregnant for the first time we aren't dumb or children that don't know any better. Ugh. :dohh:

Newborns are hard but honestly, it's so much easier feeling tired when you get to have baby cuddles than being exhausted cos you need to pee half a dozen times and being so uncomfortable with a huge belly and no baby cuddles :p

Once I hit 39 weeks I was going to start waddling a daily walk down our hill BUT my midwife is away from tomorrow till two days before my due date and if I go into labour during that time I will have someone I don't know doing my home birth :( so im thinking I may give the walks a miss now just in case it triggers labour. I'm undecided, its not the end of the world having a stranger deliver but it's not my preference so I guess I'll see how I feel on Sunday.

We have summer over xmas here so our school year starts in Feb through till Dec.

I started packing my hospital bag today. Still have to get stuff for baby packed and a few more things for me. I figure I better get a move on so I'm not rushing around at the last second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->