*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I have an appointment and my group b strep swab this morning. Not looking forward to that.

I am hoping my baby stays in until October. My daughter and my husband both have September birthdays so it would be nice if he had his own month.

Ahh good luck Elsa my due date buddy!! That makes me realise my little man really could arrive at any time now!! Can't wait for an update :) x

Good Luck Kel & Elsa!!!! Hope everything goes smoothly for you both :)

Ohhh congrats Elsa that's so exciting I rushed on here for an update on kel21 because we share the same due date only to find another in labor ....so awesome.

I'm starting to feel a bit left behind. I want her to stay in as long as possible prefer after oct 6-8 but I'm getting so dang excited now.

As for the pitocin question this is my first time being pregnant so I really don't know but 6 hours does seem short considering the only reason you even went in so early was to get the antibiotics otherwise you'd prob be left home to labor without anything right? I'm going to put that at the top of my list of things to ask the ob when I go on Tuesday if I make it that far. Were you contracting on your own at all or no sign of anything?

Good luck kel and elsa! Why can't you labor at home with group b strep?

Due to the IV antibiotics that needed to be given. I don't have to stay in the room but I get them every 8 hours. I had them already and my next batch is at 2 pm

That's very good to know, I tested positive but I haven't seen my doctor since I got my results back so I haven't been explained things fully.

And as fir the pitocin question, yeah that seems way to early. I agree with everyone and wait until at least 24 hours. Hopefully you don't go that long! Just don't let them push you into anything.

Yea I would def wait on the pitocin. Docs are always in a rush to get the baby out ASAP. Don't let them push you into something you don't want if you and baby are doing just fine.

As for the group b strep...I'm positive too so I asked my midwife more about it the other day. If waters break I have to go right in. But typically waters don't break before contractions start so if that's the case I don't have to go in until contractions are 4 min apart, 1 min long, and they are consistent like that for 1 hour. I really want to stay home as long as possible since I want to try for a natural birth. She also said once I get to the hospital I have to be hooked up to the iv for 20 min and then I can come off it and move around freely, go in the shower, etc

My first born was 4th september, when they all start back! poor thing!

Same as my daughter. She's only 2 but she will always be starting school right around her birthday. She wasn't due until November 15 but came on September 4.

My blood pressure has started to rise. I see the doctor in the morning so we will see what he wants to do. I'm hoping we can make it another week so I am closer to the 38 week mark but if he decides it's safer for baby to come sooner than I am ok with that. I've made it a lot longer than I did in my first pregnancy.

Hope your appt goes well!

Water broke 1 hr ago. Found out I was group b strep pos yesterday at my 37 +4 appt. called OB they asked me to go to the hospital now even though no regular contractions yet! Ready for the long haul!

The next shift OB just came on. Already talking pitocin. I talked to the nurse and said I don't feel like my water broke too long ago, so I'd rather not start induction measures unless necessary. Even my nurse pulled me aside and said "you're in charge, don't let them push you into anything!"

If baby and I are both fine why try to rush things so early? I said, let's wait until at least lunch before we discuss this again. Idk.. Opinions? Experiences?

Congrats! I'm so jealous! Lol I agree that 6 hours seems very quick to start pitocin. Fxd you progress before you need that!

Ugh, my contractions went away overnight :growlmad: I am so mad! Still have bit of bloody plug coming out so i am not totally devastated. ..yet. Went for another walk this morning so hoping that gets things going again!

I'm sitting at the doctors waiting to see him. My blood pressure was 148/101 and there was protein in my urine. Just waiting to see him to see what they are going to do.

The next shift OB just came on. Already talking pitocin. I talked to the nurse and said I don't feel like my water broke too long ago, so I'd rather not start induction measures unless necessary. Even my nurse pulled me aside and said "you're in charge, don't let them push you into anything!"

If baby and I are both fine why try to rush things so early? I said, let's wait until at least lunch before we discuss this again. Idk.. Opinions? Experiences?

My doctor waited nearly 24 hours before starting pitocin.

Aww kel21 I hope thing pick back up for you. Fingers crossed.

I'm sitting at the doctors waiting to see him. My blood pressure was 148/101 and there was protein in my urine. Just waiting to see him to see what they are going to do.

Good luck Rbourre, I don't know much about pre-e but I'm sure your situation will be different given your past pregnancy but fingers crossed that all goes well whether they take the wait and see and monitor approach or want to rush it along.

My doctor waited nearly 24 hours before starting pitocin.

That is good to know newlywed.

Baby boy is now measuring at 39 weeks. Looking like I haven't dropped at all so I will be bouncing on my yoga ball like a mad woman. I tested negative for the strep B. I'm worried about having a big baby.

So sorry hun :hugs: Hope whatever is decided goes smoothly for you!

Baby boy is now measuring at 39 weeks. Looking like I haven't dropped at all so I will be bouncing on my yoga ball like a mad woman. I tested negative for the strep B. I'm worried about having a big baby.

Yay about testing neg! I agree with your worry on a big baby! My ds was 6 1/2 lbs and he ripped me, this one is already measuring over 8lbs. I am worried for my girly bits! :dohh:

Sorry to hear about the BP and protein. :hugs: I hope all works out okay for you and your LO

Kel - that sounds frustrating. My contractions also stopped today and feel totally normal again today although luckily I only had a day of it.

Rbourre - I hope all goes well. My blood pressure was high too a week ago but it went slightly down again so hoping baby is able to wait a bit longer for you. You're far enough along for baby to be fine though.

Kel sorry to hear about your contractions going away! Hopefully they come back for good!

Rbourre sorry about you bp and protein in urine, but thankfully you are far enough along this time that you and baby should be okay, right? How long does it take for them to decide what to do?

I'm waiting for my doctor appointment now. I got here way too early cause it was raining and I figured people would go slow. Apparently they're either all at work or at home, no one was on the road! I'm super nervous though, I'm not meeting with my regular doctor, because she was all booked up for weeks. I'm afraid I won't see her at all anymore and I really liked her.

One of my friends who is about 9 weeks pregnant texted me this morning that she was at the ER with lots of bleeding. I'm hoping it's nothing more than a scare for her!

Ohhh congrats Elsa that's so exciting I rushed on here for an update on kel21 because we share the same due date only to find another in labor ....so awesome.

I'm starting to feel a bit left behind. I want her to stay in as long as possible prefer after oct 6-8 but I'm getting so dang excited now.

As for the pitocin question this is my first time being pregnant so I really don't know but 6 hours does seem short considering the only reason you even went in so early was to get the antibiotics otherwise you'd prob be left home to labor without anything right? I'm going to put that at the top of my list of things to ask the ob when I go on Tuesday if I make it that far. Were you contracting on your own at all or no sign of anything?

Sorry if this is duplicated, I can't remember if I answered and it's hard for me to tell on my iPod touch.

I had some random contractions after water broke, but they mentioned pitocin as soon as I arrived (at 4 am) so barely after my water had broken( only an hour and 20 minutes later). I don't mind it as an option, I was just confused why they'd push it as an option so immediately. I have only had irregular contractions at this point (no closer than 10 min apart) and it's been almost 10 hrs since my water broke. So now I just revisited the conversation with my OB. But I feel like it's more appropriate timing at this point. Normally they'd wait longer and I'd labor at home, but with group b AND ruptured membranes the clock ticks faster because it's more likely to spread the group b strep to baby once waters break.

Due for my little dose of pitocin through my IV soon. Then in an hour and a half I get my second antibiotic drip.

My last one was 9lb, and my bumps smaller this time so living in hope for less than that lol, unless my bump is all baby and not much water :-/ eek! At least I won't know till it's out until then I can pretend it's small ;-)

Kel-- My DH and I were both 7lb babies, but my brothers were 9lb 9oz and 10lb 10oz. This being my first I'm with you on the fearing for the girly bits. Sorry contractions have stopped for you.

Kel- that's so frustrating, hope things pick up again and it's for real next time:hugs:

Rbourre- sorry about your bp and protein in your wee, hopefully it all calms down and baby can cook a bit longer.

Does anyone else feel awful? I just feel sick and bleughh and like my whole body is in pain, LO has wedged himself right up under my ribs so it hurts and I just feel so uncomfortable. Also feel like cramps/toilet pains but I don't need to go. Oh and I feel too hot as well.
Lordd he needs to come out now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"