*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Finished another project for the nursery...now I have to get all this stuff hung up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 2
I came across this article about ur water breaking and inducing labor, I only had a chance to read thru some of the comments but it was very informative. And I went back and looked at my 36 week packets and it says "if u think ur water broke- note the time it occurred, the color of the fluid, odor if any, and the amount, even if you are not having contractions" so I guess I'm going to have to ask my ob how long I should wait at home before going in but in the same packet it says don't call until it contractions are 5-1-1 5 minutes apart, lasting longer then 1 min for longer then 1 hour......I really hope my water doesn't break first LOL apparently it's not common only 8% chance of being the first sign of labor

https://doulamomma.wordpress.com/2009/07/22/when-your-water-breaks-before-labor-begins/

Ohhh congrats Elsa that's so exciting I rushed on here for an update on kel21 because we share the same due date only to find another in labor ....so awesome.

I'm starting to feel a bit left behind. I want her to stay in as long as possible prefer after oct 6-8 but I'm getting so dang excited now.

As for the pitocin question this is my first time being pregnant so I really don't know but 6 hours does seem short considering the only reason you even went in so early was to get the antibiotics otherwise you'd prob be left home to labor without anything right? I'm going to put that at the top of my list of things to ask the ob when I go on Tuesday if I make it that far. Were you contracting on your own at all or no sign of anything?

Sorry if this is duplicated, I can't remember if I answered and it's hard for me to tell on my iPod touch.

I had some random contractions after water broke, but they mentioned pitocin as soon as I arrived (at 4 am) so barely after my water had broken( only an hour and 20 minutes later). I don't mind it as an option, I was just confused why they'd push it as an option so immediately. I have only had irregular contractions at this point (no closer than 10 min apart) and it's been almost 10 hrs since my water broke. So now I just revisited the conversation with my OB. But I feel like it's more appropriate timing at this point. Normally they'd wait longer and I'd labor at home, but with group b AND ruptured membranes the clock ticks faster because it's more likely to spread the group b strep to baby once waters break.

Due for my little dose of pitocin through my IV soon. Then in an hour and a half I get my second antibiotic drip.

Well at least 10 hours is better then 6 and your right about the group b strep posing an additional concern. You do whatever you feel confortable. Good luck and keep us posted

It's up to you really and what you feel comfortable with. If waters are clear and not contracting you can wait it out till you start. If it's got green bits in it (meconium) they'll probably say to go in straight away to monitor baby (mec can be due to distress but if it's light specs it's generally because they were just ready to go.)
If waters do go though naff your not contracting it's best not to get VE's as despite using sterile gloves it can still cause bacteria to move up there creating an infection risk. :)

Kel sorry to hear about your contractions going away! Hopefully they come back for good!

Rbourre sorry about you bp and protein in urine, but thankfully you are far enough along this time that you and baby should be okay, right? How long does it take for them to decide what to do?

I'm waiting for my doctor appointment now. I got here way too early cause it was raining and I figured people would go slow. Apparently they're either all at work or at home, no one was on the road! I'm super nervous though, I'm not meeting with my regular doctor, because she was all booked up for weeks. I'm afraid I won't see her at all anymore and I really liked her.

One of my friends who is about 9 weeks pregnant texted me this morning that she was at the ER with lots of bleeding. I'm hoping it's nothing more than a scare for her!

Fx for ur friend mushy. And it stinks waiting around when your so excited

Congrats newlywed and calm!

Laelani - I'm not really all that nervous or freaking out at all really. This will be my third baby so it feels a bit routine in a way, lol.

GeralynB - This will actually be my third all natural birth. :) It can be very hard, but it is sooo worth it!

Elsa - hope things are progressing for you! Can't wait to hear updates!

Kel - Sorry to hear your contractions stopped overnight! That must be frustrating!

Rbourre - sorry to hear about your bp and protein in your urine. xx

AFM - I'm 37+1 today! Wiped and there was a bit of mucus yesterday morning but nothing since. My ribs are getting sore as baby is running out of room now, lol. But good news is I only need to get three more things (which I can just pick up in town) and I will be completely ready for labor! Curious to see if I go late or early. 41+1 with my first, 38+6 with my second... and third... ?? Who wants to take bets? lol

Hope all of you other ladies are doing well!

I feel that way too!! On the flip side I am sick with a cold and haven't been feeling well in general. I just pray I can get rid of it in the next 5 days before LO arrives. They luckily won't cancel or reschedule the C-Section unless of fever and/or vomiting so that's good.

Am I too late to join in? Not sure how I missed this thread for so long! Due October 8th. I was induced with my daughter and have a feeling I will be again.

Finished another project for the nursery...now I have to get all this stuff hung up.

Love it!

I was feeling crafty too and made this for the nursery! Made from reclaimed wood! I love making something out of old things :))

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 10

Love it!

I was feeling crafty too and made this for the nursery! Made from reclaimed wood! I love making something out of old things :))

So cute! I love reclaimed wood and have a bunch of things in our house with it. Even had our dining room table and fireplace mantle made out of reclaimed barnwood

Why that posted upside down I haven't a clue! Lol!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 9
Am I too late to join in? Not sure how I missed this thread for so long! Due October 8th. I was induced with my daughter and have a feeling I will be again.

Welcome and congrats!!!

Hi ladies. I posted back when the group first started, but despite popping in and out to read posts occassionally I haven't been actively involved.

I was due on 6 October, but had my little boy Rowan Peter on the 12 Sept at 36+4 weeks. Despite a short stint in the NNU for slight breathing issues and jaundice he is doing great and we are delighted with our little man.

Good luck to everyone due in October!

Kel- that's so frustrating, hope things pick up again and it's for real next time:hugs:

Rbourre- sorry about your bp and protein in your wee, hopefully it all calms down and baby can cook a bit longer.

Does anyone else feel awful? I just feel sick and bleughh and like my whole body is in pain, LO has wedged himself right up under my ribs so it hurts and I just feel so uncomfortable. Also feel like cramps/toilet pains but I don't need to go. Oh and I feel too hot as well.
Lordd he needs to come out now!

Yes!! Last night I was getting hot flashes and felt really warm. I've been feeling like I have the flu coming on. Been getting toilet cramps too and I've been pooping so much recently. Cant imagine another couple of weeks like this.

Hi ladies. I posted back when the group first started, but despite popping in and out to read posts occassionally I haven't been actively involved.

I was due on 6 October, but had my little boy Rowan Peter on the 12 Sept at 36+4 weeks. Despite a short stint in the NNU for slight breathing issues and jaundice he is doing great and we are delighted with our little man.

Good luck to everyone due in October!

Congrats on your little man!!

I was sent to L&D triage to be monitored after my doctor's appointment today. They did an NST, blood work, another urine sample and ultrasound. Everything came back good so I was sent home. There was no protein in my urine in that sample. My blood pressure was still high but because everything else was ok, the doctor let me go home. I go back next Friday so we will see what he says then. I am supposed to continue to monitor my blood pressure at home and if it goes up to 150/100 and stays there for multiple readings, then I have to go back.

I'm really excited to meet baby, but I'm glad he gets to stay in for at least a little while longer.

Congrats lilahbear!

Welcome ferens06!

Rbourre - so glad things are looking better for you. The exact same thing happened to me last week - I had protein in urine, high blood pressure and swollen ankles/feet but the protein wasn't there the following day so they sent me home. Got my follow-up appointment tomorrow so fingers crossed the BP hasn't got any higher. It must be a relief for you to be sent home having been through pre-eclampsia with your first.

Welcome, feren!!
Congrats, Lilah!!

Everyone is either already there, or getting super close! : )

I was sent to L&D triage to be monitored after my doctor's appointment today. They did an NST, blood work, another urine sample and ultrasound. Everything came back good so I was sent home. There was no protein in my urine in that sample. My blood pressure was still high but because everything else was ok, the doctor let me go home. I go back next Friday so we will see what he says then. I am supposed to continue to monitor my blood pressure at home and if it goes up to 150/100 and stays there for multiple readings, then I have to go back.

I'm really excited to meet baby, but I'm glad he gets to stay in for at least a little while longer.

Glad everything turned out ok and bye gets to cook a little longer.

Welcome, feren!!
Congrats, Lilah!!

Everyone is either already there, or getting super close! : )

Yep! Provided everything goes according to plan our LO will arrive in just 5 days. Crazy!

5 days so exciting.

AFM we met with the lead doctor today. Despite continued strong contractions x2 weeks the hospital won't allow an early csection unless dilation or water breaks. Glad on one hand he will for sure be here oct 7th but hard to continue in pain for about 11 more days. Plus my 3 yo just got Dix with pneumonia so trying to take care of her. Mommy is tired. I see high risk doc tomorrow so will see what they say and how big they think he will be as they were guessing 9lbs last time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->