*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Well i think things may be starting for me! About 2 hours ago my contractions started getting closer together. I finally started timing them about 30 mins ago and they range from a minute and a half to 3 1/2 minutes. But they did that last week too, so i don't plan on jumping the gun. I hope my water breaks when it is real so i have no doubt! Lol. Still have bloody mucas (the things we van talk about on here and not in real life! Lol) and have not touched my nipples, so thinking these may be real!

I think baby may be breech right now ugh! I have dr apt tomorrow so I'll know! C section Tuesday if nothing by then!

Good luck Kel... Hope this is the real thing for you.

Hope baby isn't breech JCliff ... Any talk of turning or is it too late for that?

I was all excited to have birthday parties at the pumpkin patch.. Not now! :haha:

Hoping to go home today, but she is starting to look jaundice :(

I think your late enough in September that you could. All of the pumpkin things and corn mazes here in pa are open already, your in ny right? If I'm mistaken sorry about that I hope I got my people straight

I would love to have birthdays at the pumpkin patch aww that reminds me I'm going to miss the punkin chunkin this year. Dang it.

Sorry to hear she looks jaundice, what do they do for that just put her under lights?
Minnesota :)

We got to go home with the promise to supplement with formula.

And just so you ladies know, I never ended up with regular contractions! They were between 2 and 5 minutes apart even as I was pushing!

Has anyone else had the "wait till the baby is here" comments?
I was complaining that I hardly got any sleep last night and someone said oooh wait till he's born, you won't sleep for years:wacko:
Also every time there's a child crying or making an above average level of noise, someone always turns round and says "better get used to that noise." Like gee, I never knew babies cried:dohh:
grrr - it's always some other one-upper from those sorts of people. For example, DS1 was super high needs baby, so when he started to calm down a bit around 13 months, I made a comment to a friend about how it's so much easier when the kid's no longer constantly screaming and can at least settle after 45 minutes or so. Of course it was, "Well, you think things are easier now, just wait until you start potty training!" :dohh: :wacko: honestly, some of my friendships have dropped off since having kids because i get tired of all those kinds of comments of, oh, just wait until so-and-so... :wacko:

What are some good things about having an October baby you are looking forward to?

hi! i'm looking forward to October babies b/c my birthday is September (yesterday, actually), and DS1's is in November, so i'd like for them to have their own special month, if that makes sense. Plus, I LOVE Fall!!! :happydance:

How do school years work in the US then? My birthday is the end of August so I was always one of the youngest in my year, if not the youngest. I'm kinda glad he'll be one of the oldest- just a bummer he'll have to go to school on his birthday as I never did:haha:

varies from state to state, and even within the state, from one district/county to another. some schools will have an August 1 birthday cut-off; others Jan 1. Just depends on the local school board and state laws.

We have summer over xmas here so our school year starts in Feb through till Dec.

that makes soooo much more sense!!! :thumbup:

Water broke 1 hr ago. Found out I was group b strep pos yesterday at my 37 +4 appt. called OB they asked me to go to the hospital now even though no regular contractions yet! Ready for the long haul!

Good luck kel!

I'm hooked up to my IV right now. Lol so much for waiting at home until close contractions. The group b strep foiled my plans. Just having here and there contractions. They gave me a peanut shaped balance ball to bounce on haha. Baby is doing great so far, still early though. Water broke at 2:39 am it's 6 am now.

Good luck kel and elsa! Why can't you labor at home with group b strep?

Due to the IV antibiotics that needed to be given. I don't have to stay in the room but I get them every 8 hours. I had them already and my next batch is at 2 pm

Just posted good luck in third tri, but will say it here too-good luck Elsa! :)

Can't wait for you and Kel to post news!

The next shift OB just came on. Already talking pitocin. I talked to the nurse and said I don't feel like my water broke too long ago, so I'd rather not start induction measures unless necessary. Even my nurse pulled me aside and said "you're in charge, don't let them push you into anything!"

If baby and I are both fine why try to rush things so early? I said, let's wait until at least lunch before we discuss this again. Idk.. Opinions? Experiences?

Good luck Kel and Elsa, hope everything goes smoothly and your little ones are here soon:hugs:

I think they recommend leaving it no longer than 24hrs to induce labour if your waters have gone because of the increased risk of infection. I could be wrong though, it could be a bit more than 24hrs! if you're comfortable waiting and feel good then I say wait it out. I personally would get things going once at 24hrs(or whatever the recommended time is) because im a worrier and id be worried about the baby catching infection.

I also had to have the antibiotic drip for group b last time so can totally sympathise there!! good luckxx

I think they recommend leaving it no longer than 24hrs to induce labour if your waters have gone because of the increased risk of infection. I could be wrong though, it could be a bit more than 24hrs! if you're comfortable waiting and feel good then I say wait it out. I personally would get things going once at 24hrs(or whatever the recommended time is) because im a worrier and id be worried about the baby catching infection.

I also had to have the antibiotic drip for group b last time so can totally sympathise there!! good luckxx

I agree with the 24 hrs thing too. It's just I think 6 hours after water breaking is early to give pitocin.

The next shift OB just came on. Already talking pitocin. I talked to the nurse and said I don't feel like my water broke too long ago, so I'd rather not start induction measures unless necessary. Even my nurse pulled me aside and said "you're in charge, don't let them push you into anything!"

If baby and I are both fine why try to rush things so early? I said, let's wait until at least lunch before we discuss this again. Idk.. Opinions? Experiences?

I know in UK hospitals generally do 24 hours although really 96 is recommended (most women will go into labour within this time). (unless you get infection symptoms which seen as your on antibiotics you should be safe anyway). But the nurse is right it's totally up to you and if you want to leave it longer go for it. I ended up induced after 24 hours with my first as I knew no better and I'll never let them do that again (unless I had temp etc indicating I have an infection) and plan to refuse everything and my home birth midwife has assured me if I'm fine they will still support at home after PROM.

Eta 6 hours is a bit early, you need to try yourself first if that's what you want to do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->