*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Hi ladies. I posted back when the group first started, but despite popping in and out to read posts occassionally I haven't been actively involved.

I was due on 6 October, but had my little boy Rowan Peter on the 12 Sept at 36+4 weeks. Despite a short stint in the NNU for slight breathing issues and jaundice he is doing great and we are delighted with our little man.

Good luck to everyone due in October!

Congratulations!! Glad he is doing well :flower:

Am I too late to join in? Not sure how I missed this thread for so long! Due October 8th. I was induced with my daughter and have a feeling I will be again.

Welcome to the group! :) will add you to the list!

Picking all my baby stuff up today so excited! Got my pram, car seat, Moses basket and bouncer :D eeeekkk!

I have everything once I've got them apart from the baby!

Picking all my baby stuff up today so excited! Got my pram, car seat, Moses basket and bouncer :D eeeekkk!

How exciting!! :) it's like Christmas when the baby stuff arrives :)

Back to MAU for me, twice this week!!! BP is 150+/114 this morning and trace protein in urine. If i get there and its all normal again i am going to cry because this is really getting me down, keep getting sent home with nothing! no plan, nothing. Keep getting head aches and feeling really dizzy and sick too :cry:

We'll baby Isabelle Evelyn Theresa was born early this morning after 23 hours of labor. She is 7 lbs 5 oz and 19 1/2 inches born at 2:11 am

Congratulations Elsa! I can't wait to start seeing pictures of everyone's little ones.

Is it possible to only have back labor and not really feel any front cramping or anything?

Elsa-big congratulations on your little girl!! :)

Sister rose-do you have a midwife who you've seen regularly who could sort out some proper monitoring/management of your BP? Doesn't sound much fun being in and out of hospital. Hope your feeling better soon :flower:

Cntrygirl-not sure if you can just get pains in back, although in my experience quite a bit if the pain was in my lower back in my labours. Hopefully it's a sign :)

We'll baby Isabelle Evelyn Theresa was born early this morning after 23 hours of labor. She is 7 lbs 5 oz and 19 1/2 inches born at 2:11 am

Congratulations!!:dance: I love seeing the amount of babies born increase when I search for the thread.

SisterRose- I'm sorry you're feeling so bad, hopefully it all settles soon.

Afm- I realised tonight might be my last Friday night just being me and not a mum, I'm planning on having a nice relaxing bath and doing my hair and makeup and having some (non-alcoholic) drinks. Currently sat here with my glittery rollers in:haha:

Congrats Elsa, so exciting to get on here and see all the babies being born. I'm so jealous lol

I'm excited too Vicky that this could potentially be my last weekend being pregnant. We have a business dinner on Saturday night that I have to make it through and then she can come anytime after that. And of course she's settling in, absolutely no sign of labor ....anywhere lol I'm excited for my doc appt on Monday.

Rbourre I've had that knuckle pain nearly all of my pregnancy. I can barely bend my fingers anytime I wake up, it hurts so bad at the knuckle but goes away after 20 minutes or so. Haven't figured out what it is yet. Let me know what you find out!

The nurse told me that when you lay down, fluid can build up in your hands and feet which can cause pain and trouble bending your fingers and toes. Once you are up and moving for about 20 minutes, it will go away. That sounds like what it would be for you, but mine doesn't go away after 20 minutes so I don't think it's the cause of my pain.

My blood pressure went way down last night after being so high all day. It was 118/78. This morning, it's 119/86. I really hope baby decides to come on his own before next Friday so I don't have to worry about my next appointment and possibly getting induced. 37 weeks tomorrow. :happydance:

Rbourre-tomorrow your full term! :) must feel great after a preemie! Fingers crossed your BP stays within normal range.

I was sent to L&D triage to be monitored after my doctor's appointment today. They did an NST, blood work, another urine sample and ultrasound. Everything came back good so I was sent home. There was no protein in my urine in that sample. My blood pressure was still high but because everything else was ok, the doctor let me go home. I go back next Friday so we will see what he says then. I am supposed to continue to monitor my blood pressure at home and if it goes up to 150/100 and stays there for multiple readings, then I have to go back.

I'm really excited to meet baby, but I'm glad he gets to stay in for at least a little while longer.

Glad everything turned out ok and bye gets to cook a little longer.

Welcome, feren!!
Congrats, Lilah!!

Everyone is either already there, or getting super close! : )

Yep! Provided everything goes according to plan our LO will arrive in just 5 days. Crazy!

5 days so exciting.

AFM we met with the lead doctor today. Despite continued strong contractions x2 weeks the hospital won't allow an early csection unless dilation or water breaks. Glad on one hand he will for sure be here oct 7th but hard to continue in pain for about 11 more days. Plus my 3 yo just got Dix with pneumonia so trying to take care of her. Mommy is tired. I see high risk doc tomorrow so will see what they say and how big they think he will be as they were guessing 9lbs last time

Sorry to hear that you will have to be in pain so long! And I hope your dd gets better quickly! :hugs:

Yay :happydance:

Back to MAU for me, twice this week!!! BP is 150+/114 this morning and trace protein in urine. If i get there and its all normal again i am going to cry because this is really getting me down, keep getting sent home with nothing! no plan, nothing. Keep getting head aches and feeling really dizzy and sick too :cry:

:hugs:

:happydance: Congrats!

Congratulations!!:dance: I love seeing the amount of babies born increase when I search for the thread.

SisterRose- I'm sorry you're feeling so bad, hopefully it all settles soon.

Afm- I realised tonight might be my last Friday night just being me and not a mum, I'm planning on having a nice relaxing bath and doing my hair and makeup and having some (non-alcoholic) drinks. Currently sat here with my glittery rollers in:haha:

Enjoy! Sounds nice :)

Rbourre I've had that knuckle pain nearly all of my pregnancy. I can barely bend my fingers anytime I wake up, it hurts so bad at the knuckle but goes away after 20 minutes or so. Haven't figured out what it is yet. Let me know what you find out!

The nurse told me that when you lay down, fluid can build up in your hands and feet which can cause pain and trouble bending your fingers and toes. Once you are up and moving for about 20 minutes, it will go away. That sounds like what it would be for you, but mine doesn't go away after 20 minutes so I don't think it's the cause of my pain.

My blood pressure went way down last night after being so high all day. It was 118/78. This morning, it's 119/86. I really hope baby decides to come on his own before next Friday so I don't have to worry about my next appointment and possibly getting induced. 37 weeks tomorrow. :happydance:

Glad it went back down, hope you go soon! :hugs:

AFM Contractions just seem to come and go for me. :growlmad: It seems every time I get active they go away instead of getting stronger. So I am going to take it easy today and see if that works for me :)

Congratulations Elsa! Can't wait to see some photos!

Sisterrose - I hope you get a plan of action soon, it's annoying being in and out of hospital.

Rbourre - great news your BP has gone down! Hope baby appears soon for you.

Kel - hope relaxing does the trick!

Vickyandchick - that sounds nice! It is really strange to think it could be our last weekends!

I've got my 38 week GP appt in a couple of hours so really hoping the blood pressure is ok and they don't want to induce me yet. I want her now but would much prefer her to come of her own accord! No more contractions since Wesnesday though.

Congrats elsa! I love coming to see new birth announcements, gets me super excited!

At my doctors appointment yesterday I met with a different doctor, as mine is pretty much completely booked for the rest of my pregnancy. Anyway, at this appointment this doctor had asked me why my doctor had put that I had hypertension, when my BP was NEVER high enough to be considered hypertension. While, it has gone up and down this whole pregnancy, it was never that high. I'm a little upset as to why she would do that.

Good luck to everyone else, and any babies that could be coming soon.

Congratulations on the new babies!! Gosh I'm just so excited :)

Thanks rbourre for the info! Sounds about right to me. The pain is awful but I'm glad it goes away.. I'm sorry it doesn't for you and I hope you get relief from it soon.

On Wednesday I am scheduled to have a membrane sweep if baby doesn't make her appearance by then! I'm hoping it works. I am really really not wanting an induction and that is set for October 6th.

I am just so ready. I can barely walk or anything and there's so much pressure and it feels like I'm super bruised down there! Ready to be able to get up out of bed again without hurting and feeling like a turtle stuck on my back :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->