*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Aww congratulations Elsa!! We're starting to have new babies almost every day now!

This is my very last weekend being pregnant! And yet I don't have anything special planned. I'm sorting dd's old clothes and getting them ready to sell in a consignment sale. Those are my exciting weekend plans LOL.

Can't believe I'm 38 weeks today, it's so surreal. I know I constantly say this but I feel like it was just yesterday I found out I was pregnant and was super worried about pre-e again and praying and praying to make it to term. God definitely answered my prayers!

Congrats Elsa!

they admitted me for over night observation, no protein now bur blood pressure didn't come down at mau today either. They gave me some medication earlier but said they wouldn't put me on regular medication unless it goes back up once this has worn off and the high Bp was a blip. So unfair, as my Bp has been going up high for weeks!! Since 30 weeks actually so i don't see how they can say its a blip when its a 2-3times weekly occurance. Just wish theyd keep me on the medication for the sake of 3-4 weeks of pregnancy left and i might not have to keep coming to the hospital in the first place grr.

I scared a few people in the shops today by gasping out loud after baby decided to jump on my cervix whilst I was walking around, twice! :haha:

I scared a few people in the shops today by gasping out loud after baby decided to jump on my cervix whilst I was walking around, twice! :haha:

Oh boy, I had this happen to me the other day too baby was trying to get out and I put my hand on my stomach closed my eyes in pain and looked down without even thinking who was around me and our realtor got so scared....I felt bad afterwards because I wasn't trying to be noticeable but what can you do when it hurts it hurts

Congrats Elsa.

I spent last night timing contractions again. These ones were big ones lasting over a minute 6 minutes apart. But then they fizzled out to 8 minutes then 11 minutes then went away.

Congrats Elsa!!! :)

Cntrygal I had a back labour with ds and for 3 days before my labour/contractions actually started I had the sorest back ever. Paracetamol took the edge off but nothing would soothe it so maybe you'll go into labour soon? :)

Rbourre congrats on 37 weeks! So pleased for you.

Sisterrose, hope they sort something out for you.

Afm, I'm 38 weeks tomorrow! I'm so ready to meet this little guy now - especially now Elsa, my due date buddy has her bundle of joy! Lol - I'm getting strong braxton hicks all day long, have been for over a week but so far nothing, they never become a regular pattern or turn into anything. I was trying to enjoy the last of my pregnancy as it's probably my last but I'm in so much pain now that I'm ready for him to be here. So just savouring the moment every time he kicks and wiggles or has hiccups as I'm wishing him out now!

So my 38 week appt didn't go too well. Blood pressure was 166/100 so they've given me medication and are keeping me in overnight to monitor me. My urine was clear which is a good sign. They will decide in the morning whether to induce me or whether to monitor me twice a week as an outpatient. The GP sent me straight to hospital so I went into a state of blind panic and couldn't stop shaking, I just felt so overwhelmed and full of adrenaline thinking it may happen soon. I would much prefer it to happen naturally but have calmed down now and am accepting of whatever comes my way tomorrow.

I've never stayed in hospital before so it's a new experience for me! They are really lovely though and treating me well (although heard a woman screaming in labour before which was a bit disconcerting!)

Sister rose - sounds like we're in a similar situation so hope it works out for you and you get regular medication if that's what you want.

Congrats to the new Mamas!!!! It is so exciting to see our number going up!

LoopyL, I hope all goes well! Hopefully you get a great report in the morn, and they discharge you and allow outpatient monitoring.

Sister rose-how frustrating for you :(
It does sound a better idea to keep you on medication. Your so near full term now, so it wouldn't be for long either. There must be someone like a consultant in the hospital you can speak to about your concerns who will listen. It's not fair to have you in and out like this. You'll have a lovely baby boy to show for all this in the end though, so all worth the hassle :flower:

Loopy Laura-:hugs: how unsettling being sent from a routine appointment straight to hospital. I remember that happening with me with dd2 and I burst into tears. Your in the best place to be kept an eye on though, and your at a good stage in pregnancy if they need to induce you.

Thinking of both you ladies :flower: try to rest

SisterRose and LoopyLaura- hope everything settles for you both! Must be so frustrating and scary not knowing what is going on:hugs:

Yo_Yo- Happy Due Date!! Think you must be the first in our group to actually hit it:flower:

Loopy Laura - I had something similar happen at 34 weeks with my first. Went straight from a mw app to hospital with high bp. I was kept in for 2 days and medicated to keep BP down. It worked until 38 weeks when it went up again and I was sent back to hospital. My dosage was upped & I was booked in for an induction at 39 weeks. The thing with BP rising at this late stage is that it does have an impact on the function of the placenta (or is a result of declining function, cant remember what way round they told me!) so if it keeps rising so late on in the pregnancy it's usually better for the baby to be out than in.

Sister rose - I agree and can't understand why they haven't given you any medication.

AFM - I know I shouldn't be wishing him here early as at 37 + 4 he still has plenty of cooking time (even though he feels huge already) but I'm really tired of being pregnant now. I went to bed with a migrane at 9 last night and it's still not fully gone. Maybe due to the broken sleep I had needing the loo 7 times last night!!! I feel uncomfortable all of the time. It's my last pregnancy so I feel bad for wishing it away but I'm just so ready to meet him now. Everything is bought & prepared, I finished work a week ago. I'm literally just waiting for his arrival!

Vicky-thanks lovely. :) I can't believe it's my due date!!

Lauraemily-I know what you mean about just wanting the baby out now. Hopefully won't be much longer for you now.

Lauraemily I'm exactly the same! Plus my two kids keep asking everyday if he's coming yet :)

Happy due date day yoyo :)

Congratulations elsa and happy due date yoyo. I hope your baby boy does not keep you waiting too much longer.

Wow congrats on reaching your due date yoyo!

Thanks for the messages. That makes sense about why they'd induce so I'm ok with it if that's what they decide to do (the medication hasn't brought the BP down that much). Still waiting for a doctor so I'm going a bit insane just sitting in hospital not knowing what's going to happen! My main problem now is that I'm exhausted as I couldn't sleep a winks at night (noisy hospital and obviously couldn't stop thinking about the fact today could be the biggest day of my life so far!) - so I'm worried I won't have enough energy to start off labour so tired. But I guess I'll just have to manage if I need to.

Urgh hospitals on a weekend are crap!! It's skeleton cover with drs so if they did advise induction it might not necessary end up been today, they might even try adjust your meds etc first too. Hope they see you soon. Xx

Officially 37 weeks!! I hope baby boy comes on his own sometime in the next 21 days so I don't have to be induced. I'm wondering if my blood pressure is high again at my appointment on Friday if the doctor is going to send me to get induced or book an induction. At least I am term if baby needs to come out soon. My BP was fine yesterday, back to 118/80 after being 148/101 on Thursday.

I've had an increase in BH this morning. I had 3-4 of them really close together while I was getting breakfast this morning. Last night, I had some sharp type pains in my lower stomach that only lasted a few seconds but were pretty uncomfortable. They went away when I laid down, but started again when I sat up.

Hope they sort you out loopy! Sounds like we are in very similar situations :hugs:

i just got free'd! I'm on a regular 2x a day dose of labetalol to control my blood.pressure.
i haven't seen anyone to ask yet, but i am curious if they tend to induce early if you are on medication to control Bp as i still have a lot of baby bits to sort out and a new car to buy!!

In our area, as long as the medication keeps your BP down they'll let you get to term but they won't let you go overdue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->