*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I didn't wash my seat cover, but I sprayed it with an organic safe-for-baby cleaning spray and just wiped it down and let it dry.

I washed the cover of my bouncy seat and swing but both have been used before. I bought the swing used and the bouncy seat was my daughters.

I feel like I am coming down with a cold. I woke up with a sore throat this morning that has come and gone a couple times throughout the day. I was taking a shower about 20 minutes ago and started sneezing and now I'm all plugged up and feel like crap. Hopefully this passes soon. It's either the beginning of a cold or allergies.

Omg, congratulations on all the new babies! I don't often get the opportunity to check in during the weekends, so I have missed a lot! All the babies are so adorable, so happy for you all!

SIL came over this weekend with her new baby, who is 9 days old now, and my dd got to meet him. She's 2 1/2 so I was really interested to see how she reacted to her new little cousin... well she was really unsure LOL. She stared at him a lot but she was really shy and she didn't really want to touch him or anything. When he cried she would just stare at him with a really concerned face but didn't say a word. It was interesting lol. I kept saying look, he's just like your baby brother! But she doesn't quite get it yet. I hope she adjusts well once he's here.

I'm on the one handed count down now - counting today, I have exactly 5 days left until my section date! These last few weeks have FLOWN by. I have 3 days of work left and I'm a little stressed because I have a lot to finish up here, and then a lot of little things to do at home, people to meet with for dinner, etc. and I feel like I can't really relax which is what I'd prefer to do. Oh well.

Me and DH have been arguing and bickering a lot lately and it makes me really sad. It's taking away from the excitement I should be feeling this week. :( I just want him to WANT to spend some time with me, but he spends so much time with his friends and then when he is home he's just tired and ready for bed. I miss the times we used to have fun and do things together. Now all we do is sit on the couch and watch tv and go to sleep. It's all going to change so much in less than a week, all I wanted was some quality time with him this weekend. He doesn't see it the way I see it at all and it's hard. Makes me feel really lonely and I'm dying for some attention. But when I try to bring it up he just gets mad. :shrug:

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way!! I hope you get some quality time in, and some closure before baby gets here. Maybe he is just stressed about the baby arriving, and isn't handling his feelings too well?

i'll add another baby born! My yellow bump was due 6/10 but had another ideas and I gave birth, after a very swift progressing labour to our gorgeous BOY on 21/9 weighing 6lbs 10oz. Still slightly in shock as I with a first baby I thought i'd be waiting until 40 weeks plus - at 37+6 I hadn't even gone on maternity leave!

anyway, he is perfect and we are both well!

Congratulations!!:dance:

Wellll it's 4.30am and I am wide awake :( boo.
However I was lying down and felt something trickle out:wacko: There's also a damp patch on my sheet too- its not pee and wayyyy too much to be runny discharge. Can your waters just trickle at first??

My waters went in much the same way - I went to the loo in the mid morning and felt something (not wee!) trickle out. When I looked, the stuff had white flecks in it. Baby was completely engaged so it was plugging most of it which is why I didn't 'gush' loads! I had a bloody show about 20 mins later and mild contractions started after that - I had him 10 hours after my waters went and 3 hours after getting to hospital - so not too bad for a first baby :baby:

Today is my Due Date:dance::dance:
I can't believe we got this far, now if he'd like to get a wiggle on I'd appreciate it immensely:haha:
No more leaking, I don't think, but had cramps on and off all day yesterday so we shall see :D

Was just admitted to hospital, baby boy will be here soon! Xoxo

Good luck jcliff.

I've still got very light spotting and my back cramps are now lower tummy and thigh cramps. I had an off day today, woke up vomiting and felt nauseous all day along with a barely an appetite.
Im hoping this means labour is close but it's hard to tell. I certainly feel like it could start any second!
Got my midwife appointment first thing in the morning.

Happy due date Vicky!! :)

Had a bloody show and lots of blood discharge since my sweep. Hoping baby decides to come soon. Been doing lots of squats 100 so far today to try help. My legs are hurting!

Happy due date vickyandchick. I hope you are not going to be waiting to much longer.

Good luck jcliff.

Keep at it yoyo!

Good luck ladies!! Sounds like more babies will be here very soon!

Good luck everyone! Happy due date vicky! Hope he doesn't keep you waiting too long!

Yoyo keep at those squats! If anything you'll have nice thighs and bum to show for it ;)

Good luck everyone. I'm hoping baby decides to wait until at least tomorrow so he will be an October baby. My daughter and husband are both September and I'd rather not have another birthday in the same month. I don't think that's going to be a problem though, I think he's pretty comfy in there. I hope the doctor will check me on Friday. I know it doesn't really mean anything, but I'd still like to know if I'm dilated at all. I've felt like something is "trickling" out a few times already this morning, but nothing is there when I look.

Good luck jcliff.

I've still got very light spotting and my back cramps are now lower tummy and thigh cramps. I had an off day today, woke up vomiting and felt nauseous all day along with a barely an appetite.
Im hoping this means labour is close but it's hard to tell. I certainly feel like it could start any second!
Got my midwife appointment first thing in the morning.

I'm experiencing much of the same symptoms today. Very sore in my hips. Woke up yesterday nauseous barely had an appetite all day I had to stick with pizza and cereal all day because I didn't want to eat anything heavy. Also felt like I had a bit of loose stools. The cramping is low in my tummy and my upper thigh ache like I just ran a 5k. I've also been having pains in my cervix not stabbing like before more of a pinch. I'm very very gassy right now so it could just be gas again....I hope not.

Yay jcliff, so exciting. Can't wait to see pics.

Today is my Due Date:dance::dance:
I can't believe we got this far, now if he'd like to get a wiggle on I'd appreciate it immensely:haha:
No more leaking, I don't think, but had cramps on and off all day yesterday so we shall see :D

Yay Vicky, super excited for making it to your due date. Officially overdue come tomorrow. I hope things start progressing for you.

Good luck everyone. I'm hoping baby decides to wait until at least tomorrow so he will be an October baby. My daughter and husband are both September and I'd rather not have another birthday in the same month. I don't think that's going to be a problem though, I think he's pretty comfy in there. I hope the doctor will check me on Friday. I know it doesn't really mean anything, but I'd still like to know if I'm dilated at all. I've felt like something is "trickling" out a few times already this morning, but nothing is there when I look.

Agreed Rbourre, would much rather an October baby so the longer she waits the better. I was checked on Monday and doc said I was 1-2 cm and cervix is favorable. He didn't say if baby was engaged but I'm assuming not. No sign of mucus plug or bloody show here...so it's a waiting game. I cannot beleive we even made it this far. With all the extra scans and worries about a short cervix it's a miracle.

Good Luck to those ladies that feel like things are progressing.

I'm thinking I have a very stubborn little boy and he won't be here til his due date or later.

Good luck jcliff! Congrats on due date Vicky! Did you ever tell your mw about leaking waters?

I rang the hospital and they said to put a pad on, along with the (lovely) creamy discharge I couldn't tell:shrug: Not felt any today at all but see midwife tomorrow so I'll bring it up again then

It's a GIRL!!! :kiss: :pink: :baby:

DH and I were so surprised and we had always wanted a little girl!

And so sorry I got delayed in updating here. My precious surprise baby was born on 09/25 at 23:06hrs. After which my hands were quite full with everything happening so fast. My darling daughter was born at 38 weeks and weighed 6lbs 7oz.

On 25th morning I had light crampy pains. I was anyway going to be induced that afternoon. So I went in a little early since I live 1.5hrs away. Doc examined and told me that she can physically break my waters as I was 3cm dilated and I won't need any IOL meds / gels / IV. Once that was done at 4pm, I was asked to mobilise and keep myself active as labor is expected within 24 hrs.

At 6pm I started getting proper contractions very evenly spaced at 12mins for 6s. Slowly they moved closer together. And even then, my DH and mom really insisted I walked a little between my contractions. I had light snacks and water throughout the labor and after 9pm I had this urge to push and I was only about 6cm dilated. The only position I was comfortable in was in the restroom. Nurses were checking on me often and my mom was beside me all the time giving me affirmations. Telling me what to expect and how to breathe.

At 11pm I thought this is not going to happen for another 4 or 5 hrs and I was in terrible terrible pain :nope: . Then my doc walks in and tells me that in the next contraction the baby's head will be out and I need to really really store my energy by not shouting and pushing with all my might. I just did whatever I was told to do in the next 6mins... and there she was on my chest. I was so in shock! I thought I was still dreaming or hallucinating because I was expecting so much more pain in the next so many hours but here she is and all the pain is over! Done! That feeling is so precious. :cloud9: I can't express all those emotions in words... and I'm sure all of you are going to feel the same soon!

I had a complete natural labor, completely med free and normal delivery . And I'm so surprised at my own pain bearing capacity. I wouldn't have been able to do what I did without my mom and DH.

My darling daughter is adorable and active little girl who is already breast feeding, and smiling away in her sleep. Will post pictures when I come back next time. I'm cloth diapering and so lot of :laundry: :hangwashing:

:thumbup: to all you lovely ladies who have supported me in many ways. I will come back to check out your birth stories. Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->