*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Just got back from my midwife where I had a sweep and ouch is all I can say. Was definitely not pleasant at all.
Currently having a bloody show but she said that's normal for afterwards, she's booked me in for a holistic post dates for next week- apparently it's to help labour along naturally and then my actual post dates on the 10th. I reallyyyyy do not want to go that long :(

That sounds really interesting though rather than pushing induction straight away trying other natural things. That's fab! Hope the sweep helps though. :)

Just got back from my midwife where I had a sweep and ouch is all I can say. Was definitely not pleasant at all.
Currently having a bloody show but she said that's normal for afterwards, she's booked me in for a holistic post dates for next week- apparently it's to help labour along naturally and then my actual post dates on the 10th. I reallyyyyy do not want to go that long :(

That sounds really interesting though rather than pushing induction straight away trying other natural things. That's fab! Hope the sweep helps though. :)

Yeah they offer another sweep and acupuncture/massage with oils and something else apparently but sounds much better to me than an induction.

I'm having bright red bleeding so have been instructed to keep a pad on and I'm getting either really strong BH's or mild contractions I think.

EDIT: Bleeding seems to have stopped and so have the cramps- boo :(

It sounds like everyone is so close yet so far! Lol! Hope something starts happening for you soon vickyandchick.

When I had preeclampsia with my dd my bp was really high and I never knew. I felt totally fine, no headaches, nothing! So when I went into L&D right before I had her, it was in the 150's/100's and I would have never had a clue. So I guess it can affect everyone differently.

Today is my LAST day at work!! I have tomorrow off and then c-section is on Friday!! I can't believe it. It really hasn't sunk in yet. Although I am soooo upset because my dd is starting to get sick! :nope::nope::nope: It will break my heart if she can't come see her baby brother right away. :cry::cry::cry:

Congrats on your last day of work rcdm, I don't have an official last day but I think I'll be done on Friday. I have my appt on Monday morning and whether this baby comes or not I don't think I'll have any intentions of going into work on Monday. If I make it to Monday then I won't have to go back to work until after Christmas....I was shooting for after the new year but it don't think I could ride it out that long. I'm getting annoyed with everyone and just to be finished already.

I went to Burger King for lunch today and now I have horrible gas pains...I think they are gas pains anyway...I guess we will see if they get worse or not. Kind of hope they are just gas pains as I have a dentist appointment tonight that I'd like to get out of the way. Lol

Acupuncture is ment to be really good to get things moving :) x

Vickyandchick-sounds like the sweep did something! :) fingers crossed it works for you.

:dust: come on all you over due babies!!

Does anyone else have any experience with feeling like you've been kicked in the vagina? :haha: sooo uncomfortable for about a week now, keep having a sore bruised feeling down there, and stabbing pains kind of. I read on google say its like youve been horse back riding all day, very sore. My midwife today and yesterday reckon that baby is only on the brim of my pelvis so if they're right it cant be baby engaged :shrug: getting a fair bit of pressure too in my pelvis when he moves so maybe they're wrong.

When he moves it feels like something is being pushed downwards towards my vagina, and lots of pressure. Ive never had my waters break but it feels like they might some times there is that much pressure and a pushing feeling it feels like a water balloon might explode! I'm also carrying really, really low.

rose... That is me right now. I can barely walk with the pressure and pain in my lady bits right now. So uncomfortable... Hoping it is all doing great something for both of us. I am 1 cm dilated so maybe that is helping...

Can't wait to see who's going to have the first actual oct baby!

Can't wait to see who's going to have the first actual oct baby!

I will volunteer. :haha: My blood pressure is driving me crazy, I just want him out now and safe. The constant spikes and drops is making me feel so crappy all the time.

I was looking through all my bump pics...I remember in the beginning how I couldn't wait for a bump. And I thought I was big at 20 weeks lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 13
Geralyn you look fabulous!

I can't believe we made it to October ladies. :happydance: My contractions seem to be getting stronger but I still think he will stay in until the csection on Tuesday. I am just hoping to have a great weekend with the family and snuggling with my little girl.

I get so excited to get on everyday to see if any updates...who will be next???

You do look fabulous geralyn,

I've been getting a lot of people asking me what my due date is now....like strangers lol. So I must be getting bigger. Sometimes I feel as big as a house and other times I think wow I'm not that big for being 39+4. When my sister was pregnant and gained 65 lbs she was HUGE lol so I'm pretty proud of myself for only gaining 14 lbs so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 19
I feel like I've gotten massive over the last couple of weeks. I feel like I couldn't possibly get any bigger even though I know I can.

Attachments

• IMG-20141001-02564.jpg
    IMG-20141001-02564.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 5
Well, I was afraid today might be it for me! BP was up all day, so had to go be monitored in the doctor's office for a few hours this afternoon. But baby was fine--kicking like crazy, and heartbeat was great!

He sent me home, with orders for bed rest the next two days. Then he will let me know on Friday if I can go back to work on Monday. I really expect that he will let me, and that next week will probably be my last week at school.

The whole day today was like deja vu of when DS#1 was born. I'm glad this little guy is most likely going to wait a few more days! : ) I think probably around 38 weeks is the best I can expect. That is about another week and a half. I can't believe it is so close!!!

Soblessedmama-glad your ok. Sorry to read your bp was high, but not long at all now for you if baby comes then :) exciting!!

Hi sorry I haven't been on for ages - it's all been bery busy since I went into labour on Sunday!

I haven't had chance to read any updates since then but congrats to kel and JT. I promise I will read through as I'm sure many more congratulations are in order by now! I've tried to post this twice but have been in hospital using a different phone and it didn't like my login!

So Chloe Abigail my little baby girl was born on Sunday 28th Sept at 22.24 by emergency c section after 19 hours of labour. She was 6ibs. Unfortunately the labour didn't progress very quickly and I got stuck at 6cm dilated. Her head started swelling and moulding to the wrong part of the cervix and she became distressed so they sent me into theatre. Boy am I sore! I was in hospital until yesterday when I finally went home. She is doing great but we are having some feeding difficulties. She is perfect!

Congrats Loopy Laura.

Loving all the bump pics. Mine seems to have stopped growing now, hoping it's because he's now engaged or at least starting too! Mw appointment later so will know more then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->