*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Yeah I know!! I'm going to ( hopefully be having a homebirth)...with inlaws in the other room!!
I've let it go a bit now. They have decided to come tomorrow instead-please pray my baby arrives tonight!

Also fil finds breastfeeding a big social taboo and I have to go upstairs even in my own home when doing it-establishing breastfeeding a going to be fun :dohh: he even asked last time when a bottle feeding as came on TV when she would be moving on to that!

Did a long walk, got to have helped.

Hope everyone's doing ok. Cabt wait to see more baby news ladies :)

Sorry for the language but fuck that!!!! Having to go upstairs in your own home as he doesn't like bf!!! If he has an issue he should bloody leave the room! So annoyed for you! :-(

Absolutely agreed with everyone else, yo yo!!! I'm bottle feeding this time around, but this seriously annoys me for you! I'd whip them out right in front of him lol. HE can move if he is bothered. FXd baby shows up tonight and at least solves that obstacle!

We had tons of visitors in the first couple of weeks and I bf in front of all of them, I put a muslin over at first because I wasn't sure how to be discreet until I'd got the hang of it. My home, my choice, people don't get a say or get asked haha.

Anyone have any idea what I might be feeling means?

So, starting about a week ago I have started waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and then not being able to fall back to sleep for hours. This hasn't been too odd, as it has been more irritating.

As of yesterday though, I have started to feel a sharp pain in my lower abdomen that literally comes and goes. It doesn't last for any period of time and sometimes is accompanied by a tightening. I'm thinking they might be contractions, but sometimes there is no tightening at all. They're slightly uncomfortable, but not painful. I also keep getting a sharp pain right where my inner leg meets my pelvis. It also comes quickly and then leaves quickly. It hurts enough to cause me to make a noise when it happens.

I've been having a mild headache on and off since yesterday and heartburn that isn't really going away. And since this morning feeling nauseated on and off. Not enough to be sick, but definitely feel close enough.

And now sudden tiredness. I can barely keep my eyes open as I'm typing this!

Are these pre-labor signs? I don't quite feel like they are, it feels all too mild for me. But maybe I'm too brainwashed on what labor should be like thanks to TV and movies.

Omg yo yo :( I hope baby comes tonight for you.
I would still tell them no. Its a special moment for you and who you want there.
Do you feel comfortable giving birth and labouring with them in the next room?
If the answer is no forget about offending them, if hubby doesnt put his foot down throw a tanty and blame it on the hormones later on! I would haha

Also as someone else said keep a blanket handy to give the fil when he expects you to leave the room. Tell him you got him his very own breastfeeding blanket. What an idiot!

My inlaws got upset when I wanted them to leave the room while I breastfed the twins (think fully exposed, both breasts, tandem feeding, no way to be discreet at all)
Theyd say "weve seen boobs before" but it just made me uncomfortable having 3 pairs of eyes gawking at babies feeding off me ugggh.
I made them leave the room.

I'm still pregnant.... Ugh!! Lol

I am still in complete awe that I've managed to go overdue after all the extra scanned and precautions and the constant worry about having a short cervix or an incompatant cervix. I actually feel pretty proud of myself. Def ready for her to come tho as I so don't want to go to work tomorrow. So dh and I dtd this morning and I walked around every chance I could today. Even did some laundry and cleaning hoping the bending and movement would set something off but no labor yet. Something is def happening tho. I've started having very sharp pains in my cervix like it is ripping, no blood or discharge tho. I think I may have dropped just a bit as my hips are more and more sore everyday. I have my 40th week appt tomorrow that I am very much looking forward too. I am overly excited to see if I'm dilated anymore, dr last week said 1-2 cm and cervix was favorable so I'm hoping the pains mean even more dilated. Fx fx fx

On a side not my sil officially announced her pregnancy today and I had a nice long talk with her which was alittle weird as we usually don't get along but I feel like we really have a lot to talk about now. I've known now for 4 weeks but she wasn't ready to announce officially until now 15 weeks. She's excited to find out what she's having and she's being monitored closely since she had a miscarriage with her last pregnancy. Super excited for her and I kind of hope she has a girl because I have so many extras of girly things, but I think they're wanting a boy so well see in 5 weeks.

Omg yoyo that is horrible. I would respectfully ask them to stay at a hotel. Especially with the bfing issue that is completely in appropriate. And RUDE. I'm pretty close with my fil but there is no way in hell I would go downstairs in my own home just to spare his feelings. Some people are just clueless.

Congrats rcdm, so cute.

For anyone I've missed, congrats and good luck to those still waiting.

RcdM - congratulations!!!

yo yo - absolutely no way i'd be comfortable giving birth with the in-laws in the next room - any way you can say we'll call you when we're ready for you to visit?

I wouldn't answer the door YoYo... Horrible!

Rcdm ... Adorably cute.

Anyone have any idea what I might be feeling means?

So, starting about a week ago I have started waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and then not being able to fall back to sleep for hours. This hasn't been too odd, as it has been more irritating.

As of yesterday though, I have started to feel a sharp pain in my lower abdomen that literally comes and goes. It doesn't last for any period of time and sometimes is accompanied by a tightening. I'm thinking they might be contractions, but sometimes there is no tightening at all. They're slightly uncomfortable, but not painful. I also keep getting a sharp pain right where my inner leg meets my pelvis. It also comes quickly and then leaves quickly. It hurts enough to cause me to make a noise when it happens.

I've been having a mild headache on and off since yesterday and heartburn that isn't really going away. And since this morning feeling nauseated on and off. Not enough to be sick, but definitely feel close enough.

And now sudden tiredness. I can barely keep my eyes open as I'm typing this!

Are these pre-labor signs? I don't quite feel like they are, it feels all too mild for me. But maybe I'm too brainwashed on what labor should be like thanks to TV and movies.

I've been getting those sharp pains in my lower abdomen too. They started about 4 or 5 days ago. I've had a headache on and off since Friday evening but I also started taking Labetalol the same day so I think it's because of that. I've been a bit nauseous too, I threw up Friday morning and almost did this morning.

The exhaustion is awful the last couple of days. I'm so tired, miserable and ready for this to be over with. I've been having a lot of BH tonight, I'm really hoping they turn into actual contractions and baby comes soon.

Mushymilk-could the sharp lower abdomen pains be baby's head engaging?
Also, the trouble sleeping is something I get too...it's 3am here , and wide awake. I did hear you have trouble sleeping those last few weeks as natures way of getting you used to frequent night awakenings when baby is born.

Hopefully it's all a sign baby is near for you.

I'm in labour!!!!! Eeeeeek! Just on the ball, contractions all in my pelvis like last time, ALOT of pressure too! Hubby driving me mad already with the constant when are you calling the mw!!! Urgh just leave me a alone lol!!! I hate fuss n pestering when I'm trying to be relaxed and concentrate :-( might send him to fill pool!!

Eeeekkk Ljo ... Keep us updated! Did your labour start while you were on the ball?

Good luck ljo!!

I've been awake basically all night with with tightenings but they're still not consistent? They can be 1 or 2 mins apart up to 8 or 9 mins apart? It's 5.30am and I'm still awake with them, surely they're doing something?!

No it started yesterday evening with period type cramps, went to bed at 10 and woke a few times between then and half 2 by which point I couldn't stay in bed any more! So then been on ball. Oh had my first (but very small lol) bloody show too! Ha ha. Pools just filling.

Good luck ljo!!

Sounds similar to how I've been feeling mushmilk. For about a week now. The tiredness I think is partly what's making me an emotional wreck! Typically my son has just dropped his midday nap too!

I was induced with my son at 39 weeks & my cervix couldn't have been any further from being ready & he wasnt engaged at all but I never felt anything like what i do now, so I really think it must mean something is happening. I think right now it's getting him engaged & in the correct position. I was 1/5th last week and think (and hope) I'll be more at my next check up tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's a good sign for you.

MushyMilk- I've been feeling the same way for a few weeks now, it's exhausting and now I'm too big to get comfy so lay awake all night :(

Good luck Ljo! Hope everything goes smoothly:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->