*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Good luck, ljo!

I'm totally frustrated. Midwife cancelled seeing me today, no one at the hospital will see me to do a sweep and no midwife is available for a homebirth if I do labour! Been told I will be booked for induction on Sunday unless he decides to come before.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way then. Just add long as it's normal!

Good luck ljo!

My MIL told me she thinks he'll come Thursday. She's usually right about these things! I'm super excited and nervous suddenly about giving birth.

Yoyo that's really awful. I'd be so irritated. Why are no midwives available to do your home birth? Does that mean even if you go into labor before they induce you have to go to a hospital?

Good luck ljo!

Yo_Yo I would be frustrated too! That sounds like such a hassle!!! :( Hopefully everything gets sorted out.

39 weeks today :) only a week to go :)

Spent the morning in the assessment unit as I woke up with blurred vision and a really bad headache and midwife on the phone told me I probably had pre eclampsia :/

All fine though after I was checked out thankfully I just need to rest a bit! Typically I am now having period type pains again but not holding out much hope that anything is happening!

Currently sat in day unit being monitored as I've not really felt him all day, things seem to check out okay but I still can't feel him moving at all so they're talking about induction..

Thinking about you Buck... You are doing the right thing! Let us know how you get on... Xoxoxox

OK YoYo... Is this pregnancy trying to stress you out? I hope they get their ducks in row for your birth soon... So frustrating! Good thoughts for nap induction.

Glad you are feeling better KiKi !

Thanks ladies-going to stop complaing now! :haha: I don't care if I have him in the car/home/hospital/shops anymore-just as long as he turns up soon!

Good luck Vickyandchick-hope he gets his wiggle on and starts moving lots for you :flower:

Vicky-- Good Luck. Hope he starts moving around. I have heard that babies get quiet right before labor begins.

YoYo-- I would have to tell my inlaws to stay somewhere else if I was having a home birth.

RcdM-- Congrats on your baby!

Thanks all, I felt him a few times and the midwife said the trace looks normal but that's the only times I've felt him all day so that's not normal for him. I'm used to him wriggling around for an hour or two at a time:nope: So I'm hopefully going to see a doctor to talk about induction if there's one available

You go with your instincts Vicky. You know your baby's movement patterns, so if you think they're not right, push for action. :flower:

Getting sooo annoyed �� i was booked in for induction today and told to ring at 9am but so far been told no space. Ive had to ring again at 9,12,2 and now waiting until 5. Not looking good for today. I really don't want to be told to.go in after 10pm as it means ill probably have no sleep from today until baby gets here(and then ill be lucky !!)

Sister rose-how annoying :-(
Fingers crossed they find you a slot :flower: not much longer for you now, I'm sure.

SisterRose that must be so annoying, hope you get in and things get started off soon!:flower:

Afm- spoke to the doctor who was super nice, gave me another sweep and when I explained I wasn't happy with his movements said they'd book me in.
If the sweep does nothing then I'm being induced on Wednesday at 10am as there was no available spaces tomorrow, but been told to keep a close eye on his movements and if they slow to go straight in.

Good luck with everything Vicky glad they booked u for Wednesday at 10 and keep and eye out. That must be nervewrackin right now

Sister rose,

Hope they can fit you in tomorrow then as I prob would have some issues sleeping at a hospital was all the excitement.

Yoyo that's frustrating about your home birth hopefully they can figure something out quickly.

Mushy, Thursday sounds like a great day. Hopefully she's right. My 5yo niece predicted last Thursday and here I sit still waiting lol

Afm, no baby yet....obviously. Reported to work on time today. Ugh so not fun. I was expecting an ultrasound today but they scheduled it for Friday. Dr says I'm still 1-2 cm and very very thin and baby has dropped ...she doesn't think I'll make it until Friday but if I do then they'll schedule my induction for next week unless there is an issue with the scan then they'll send me straight to the hospital but if baby looks ok then I'll be left to wait it out. I'm so ready for this baby to be here, I am not miserable physically just yet but the anticipation will make a sane person crazy. I'm ready to get this new stage of life going here.

Sorry it's been a while since I have posted. I have finally got caught up. Wow! So many babies have arrived already...and early. Congrats to all the new mommas I hope each one of you are settling in well.

I feel awful for those that have gone over due.
Vicky-thinking of you, happy to hear that the doc has something scheduled for you.
Yo-Yo I just want to send you big :hugs:
SisterRose-praying a spot opens up soon
Sprite-FX'd baby decides to make an appearance on her own in the next few days

AFM: I am so pleased that my LO is still baking. After being treated in the hospital for pre-term labor a few weeks ago I am so thankful to now be almost term. And I have passed the point in this pregnancy where I had my youngest daughter so my anxiety level is much less than it was.

Can't wait to hear more birth stories and see pics of everyone's little bundles!

Spirit and sisterrose I hoe to hear some updates soon!

Csection planned for 9:30 tomorrow AM so spending the day cleaning, last minute parking and planning a nice family dinner tonight. It seems so unreal......:happydance:

I'm on the ward, waiting to get the ball rolling. They had me in at 10pm! Would have preferred a good night sleep first, but we're here!

Good luck Ashaz, Vicky and sisterrose!! Can't wait for updates :)

I'm still here, still getting contraction type tightenings but they don't get any stronger or more regular! Hoping to get a better sleep tonight or these contractions become the real thing!

Wow what a day!!!!!!!!!! After years of planning and a failed attempt I finally got the hb I wanted :) it was a loooooong day! Our third girl Isabelle Finally born at 18.57, my waters went and I birthed the head and body all in a intense 3 min long contraction! God bless gas and air lol. Called hb team maybe an hour or two before to be told there wasn't any team on duty but were sending from the ward, was a bit disheartened but they were absoloutly amazing! Can not fault them at all! Everything in my plan was listened to and not judged/questioned and the two that took over at half 7 were fab too, even showing my eldest the placenta!
She was 7lb 6.5 oz and the best bit for me, only a graze!!! I was gob smacked and literally could have kissed the mw after having stitches last time which I hated!! So yeh she's here!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->