*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Sweep wasn't too bad just a bit uncomfortable but now having contractions between every 5-15 minutes so just waiting to see if any progress is made :)

They hurt but not too much which does make me question if they are the real thing or not!

Kiki, hope they are the real thing for you! I have my sweep on Monday if he hasn't arrived before and I've never needed one before so bit nervous! Hope the contractions become more consistent and you'll be announcing your baby soon!

Isabelle was 7lb 6.5 at birth and went down to 6lb 12. Day 5 she had heel prick but I fed her while they did it and she didn't bother. She'd gone upto 7lb 2 yay. She's getting weighed tomorrow and she feels solid now.
How are cord stumps going? Hers is still firmly attached at day 9, we used a cord tie this time rather than a clumpy clip and she really doesn't want to part with it lol.

I really hope my sons cord stump falls off soon. He hates diaper changes and screams and squirms around the whole time. Having the clip there makes it so much harder to do, plus trying to make sure he doesn't pee everywhere. :haha:

Hudson is on the opposite sleep schedule from my daughter and I am exhausted. He sleeps all day and is awake a lot at night. My daughter sleeps 12 hours straight at night. He loves to eat which is the complete opposite from my daughter. He was born at 7lbs 3oz, went down to 6lbs 14oz and yesterday was back up to 7lbs even. They want me to take him in for a weight check next Friday when he's 2 weeks old.

My boobs are getting huge from the milk. I need to get some bigger nursing bras. I've been wearing the ones from my daughter but they are too small now.

Here's a picture of my little guy from today at 5 days old. :cloud9:

Attachments

• 10689645_10152301907381548_7356155705776819575_n.jpg
    10689645_10152301907381548_7356155705776819575_n.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 5
Congrats on all the new babies!

Ljo1984 they left Ben's cord clamp on because they thought it still looked a little wet and it fell off on day 3 :( Because it came off too early we are still having issues with it oozing.

Hope things start happening for all of you over due ladies!

Ben is 17 days old today, going so fast! He still doesn't quite fill out his newborn clothes yet. They got his length wrong at the hospital, instead of 20 1/2" he was only 19 1/2". As for feeding, during the day he eats every 2 hours, sometimes an hour and a half. At night he eats 3 times, i am very tired! Lol

Forgot to add my latest picture :)

Attachments

• 20141014_094308.jpg
    20141014_094308.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 13
I think my water may have broken! But I don't know…I'm waiting on a call back from the midwife.

Isabelle was 7lb 6.5 at birth and went down to 6lb 12. Day 5 she had heel prick but I fed her while they did it and she didn't bother. She'd gone upto 7lb 2 yay. She's getting weighed tomorrow and she feels solid now.
How are cord stumps going? Hers is still firmly attached at day 9, we used a cord tie this time rather than a clumpy clip and she really doesn't want to part with it lol.

In terms of weight Carson weighed 7lbs 10oz at birth but went down to 7lb 4oz the day he was discharged (4 days old) and then at his 2 week checkup yesterday he weighed 7lbs 14.5oz. So he's definitely gaining. :)

Edit: In terms of his cord stump, the clamp fell off on day 7 and the bump is almost gone and a belly button is going to be making an appearance any time now. It's sinking in more and more every day. :)

I think my water may have broken! But I don't know…I'm waiting on a call back from the midwife.

Oh how exciting. Best of luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

My first had an ozzy belly button when hers fell off, they don't interfere with them unless there looking infected though, just took time to dry out. Funnily enough she gets a sore belly button every now and then still now at nearly 5 :-/
I just changed Isabelle's bum and looks like it's coming away so guessing a day 10 fall off.

Good luck Geralyn! Not gonna lie though I'm a tad jealous. I had my doctor appointment today and things are still looking quite normal. I've got from not dilated to a very tight 1 cm. And just a "soft" cervix, whatever that really means. She did a scan to make sure his fluid and placenta were doing well and they still are fine. I have another appointment next Wednesday (if he hasn't come) and we'll talk induction then. She won't let me go passed 42 weeks, so there is some end in sight right?!

Totally forgot to post a picture of Michael. He is 2 weeks old today. Wow!

Attachments

• Little Man.jpg
    Little Man.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 7
Good luck Geralyn.

Here's my big boy booby monster who's been feeding for the last hour & half!!

https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/lauraemily17/Mobile%20Uploads/D3B9CD94-355C-4170-84C8-7D8568F61EC8.jpg

Emmie cord fell off at a week. They used a clamp and cut it super short and they removed the clamp when we were discharged

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->