*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Vicky-it'll get easier, trust me. You have a good man there staying up so you can sleep! :)

Thomas's cord fell off today on day 6 too. Glad as dd2 got freaked out by it.

My daughter gets freaked out by Hudson's cord too. She looks scared and says oh nooooo when she sees it. I think his will be off today, it is loosening. I will be glad when it falls off, it makes diaper changes so much harder.

Today is my first day alone with both kids. Hudson didn't sleep too well last night but he's been asleep all morning aside from waking up to feed and be changed. Aimee (2 year old daughter) slept in and it's only been 3 hours and she just laid down on the couch and said I tired.

Aww-must be their age freaking out over the cord. They aren't the prettiest of things.

Sounds like your having a good first day alone with two kids. It's been my first day alone with my youngest two today as well. Was daunted but went well. We won't even think about it in a week or so as will be used to it :)

I don't blame everyone's babes being afraid of the cord stump, I've only seen it in pictures and it creeps me out! I'm hoping that it being on my own baby wont be too big of an issue, cause yeah...

Sorry things fizzed out for you krippy! My fingers are crossed that they unfizzle and turn into full blown labor for you!

I lost a bunch of my mucous plug this morning, and it was very heavily blood tinged (sorry for TMI). I don't know if it was all of it though, or if really means anything. I'm trying very hard not to get my hopes up over anything as I spent a great deal of time last night coming to terms with waiting and being okay with going over. It really helps that I've finally told everyone to stop asking me every damn day if I've had my baby! It really takes a lot of pressure off of me. Waking up and not having a bunch of messages really does help me wake up in a better mood.

Good luck for everyone else that is due/over due!

Very mild contractions started about an hour later. They gradually became stronger, longer & harder over the course of 12 hours. For most of that I didn't think it was proper labour, just another false start! After that there was no doubt it was labour & he was born 2.5 hours later!!

As it's your first it might just take a little longer for the contractions to kick in. I was told by my mw that they usually expect labour to start within 24 hours of the bloody show. It's the blood in it that signifies changes to the cervix.

Mushy my first and second both started with a bloody show.
My first I had it in the early afternoon or round lunchtime I think and by midnight I was contracting. Had her the next evening.
My second was the same, bloody show and baby within 24 hours.

Good luck!!

With me, I got a Foley catheter inserted on the Wednesday around 8:30 pm, it fell out and I had my show the next day around noon. It caused me to dilate to 3 cm, but I still didn't go into labour myself and was induced the next day. My son was very stubborn and really did not want to come out. Even at 10 cm and after pushing for an hour, he still was up really high...that's why I ended up with forceps because it was taking too long and his heart rate was not stable.

I'm finally starting to feel somewhat normal and less swollen. I have been taking so many pain meds to try to just manage the pain and I really hate having to take them.

It is so great to hear of all these babies doing so well!! : )

It won't be long before we have several more--Mushy, sounds like you're next!

AFM, my c-section is scheduled for Tuesday (21st.) Tomorrow is my last day of work, and then it is just a waiting game! I can't believe it is already here. It feels like this pregnancy has flown!

https://i60.tinypic.com/op8h08.jpg

https://i59.tinypic.com/29mpoyg.jpg

https://i57.tinypic.com/1zdb5g4.jpg

Still here still pregnant lol!

Having a few contractions again this morning but not paying too much attention to them as I know they will end up fizzing out!

Hopefully us overdue ladies will all pop soon!

Awww Newlywed she's beautiful! Lovely head of hair on her already! :)

Hopefully your baby makes their appearance soon kiki!

I love the newborn pics :cloud9: They are one of the few things tiding me over until my own Lil' Miss Bean arrives. Depending on the calculation I'm 41 weeks today/tomorrow.

:coffee:

Getting another scan today and probably talking to my midwife about scheduling an induction. I'll probably try to hold off as long as I can but probably not patient enough to go beyond 42 weeks. I'm hoping she'll get a move on soon on her own.

Awww newlywed she is gorgeous!!

Hope your little one arrives soon kiki, being overdue is the worst:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"