*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I'm at the hospital birth centre. I'm 2cm dilated but they are keeping me in as 2nd babies can progress quick.

Good luck charmedkirsty.

That's great that they're keeping you in. I can vouch for second babies coming quicker than firsts!!

Still here lol!

Am going shopping today to try and take my mind off it!

Congratulations Allstar:dance:

Yo_Yo that's awful:hugs: Just focus on your beautiful little baby boy!

SisterRose- he's sooo cute!

Good luck CharmedKirsty, hope your little one arrives soon:flower:

I'm so pleased to finally be able to announce baby Jaxon was born, 6 days late, just after 4 this morning weighing 8lb 9.5oz. He has the chubbiest little cheeks and is just perfect. His big brother and sister just love him!

Aww. Congratulations! :)

Congratulations allstar!

Good luck charmedkirsty - hope everything goes smoothly.

Mushymilk and everyone else overdue I really hope things move along for you - am thinking of you and you will meet your babies very soon!

Yoyo - I'm sorry to hear you're upset - try to push it to the back of your mind and I'm sure your family will send something soon.

Chloe is a little angel in the day but as soon as the evening comes she just gets so hungry and I'm constantly feeding and burping! Shes worth it though :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 13
Laura I feel your pain! My first was nocturnal for a few weeks before she realised she had it the wrong way around lol.

Congratulations allstar!

Mushymilk and everyone else overdue I really hope things move along for you - am thinking of you and you will meet your babies very soon!

Yoyo - I'm sorry to hear you're upset - try to push it to the back of your mind and I'm sure your family will send something soon.

Chloe is a little angel in the day but as soon as the evening comes she just gets so hungry and I'm constantly feeding and burping! Shes worth it though :)

I hope you're right! I've been feeling contractions all morning and I just started timing them about an hour ago. They go from as short as 3.5 minutes apart to 8 Minutes apart. More on the average of 5 minutes and they all lasted about a minute.

I'm really hoping this is it! They are getting more painful, so that's good right?

Also she's so stinking adorable! She looks so little in her little sleeper.

FXd for you Mushy... All these babes are really adorable. I want sleepless nights, lol

Sounds like it could be your time :) mine were never regular like the books reckon they should be, they were even more randomly spaced out this time round too and had two episodes where I had nothing for a good 20 mins and had a nap! So don't worry about how frequent they are been, it does still sound promising especially if getting more uncomfortable. X

Laura-what a little gorgeous girl! :)

Mushy-got my fingers crossed this is it!!!

Congratulations allstar!

I hope you're right! I've been feeling contractions all morning and I just started timing them about an hour ago. They go from as short as 3.5 minutes apart to 8 Minutes apart. More on the average of 5 minutes and they all lasted about a minute.

I'm really hoping this is it! They are getting more painful, so that's good right?

Also she's so stinking adorable! She looks so little in her little sleeper.

My contractions weren't particularly regular either so I think if they're getting more uncomfortable that can only be a good sign. Fingers crossed!

Yes - Chloe is so tiny she doesn't fit into any of her newborn clothes! We have limited tiny baby clothes as she will just grow out of them haha!

Well, baby Davis got tired of waiting! : ) I had contractions all through the night last night, and when they got 5 minutes apart this morning, we went in to L&D to be monitored. He was born at 12:32 pm, and weighs 8 lbs, 4 oz, and is 20.75" long. He has a head full of dark hair, and perfect chubby cheeks!! : )

Good luck mushy. Sounds like this is it to me.

Congrats soblessedmama

I have a nocturnal one too!!

Really struggling with breast feeding. He has a lazy latch, I can get him on correctly but he tends to pull himself back not long after. I now have bleeding, extremely painful nipples. My supply isn't great yet either so he's sometimes managing to drain both sides and then screams for more.

Anyone got any tips?

Congrats soblessedmama!

They are definitely getting stronger! But the timing is not getting closer. I'm not sure when to decide to leave for the hospital. I live about 45 minutes away although I'm sure my husband will get there a lot faster today! We are watching The Lion King and waiting for things to progress.

Good luck mushy. Sounds like this is it to me.

Congrats soblessedmama

I have a nocturnal one too!!

Really struggling with breast feeding. He has a lazy latch, I can get him on correctly but he tends to pull himself back not long after. I now have bleeding, extremely painful nipples. My supply isn't great yet either so he's sometimes managing to drain both sides and then screams for more.

Anyone got any tips?

Mine had a lazy latch too, opening her mouth like a little bird!! I was pulling down her chin to open her mouth more, there's also the flipple technique which is probably easier to google to get the jist, that's what I had to do when someone mentioned it to me. Still hurts for a few seconds when she latches rubbish now but my nipples have toughened up. Takes about a week so hopefully you'll be ok in a few days. If he drains then put him on, he will get some even if you think he might not be and the more he's on the more you'll make, and that's the joy of cluster feeding! Oats are fab for supply (poridge/flapjacks), fenugreek too is. Also do you have a fast let down? Isabelle pulls away after about 45 seconds cause I've let down and it's coming out too quick for her, had this with my other two too so that's just my boobs. The bf section on here is fantastic for advice too :) xx

Sarah rose was born Wednesday oct 15, 6:13 pm 7lbs 2 oz or 3225 grams 19 inches long. 11 days overdue Via csection due to issues with my cervical stenosis and failure to dialate at all. While in for the csection they did a minor procedure on my cervix to allow blood to escape otherwise I may have continued to have issues with my mentral cycle. It's kind of ironic that after so many months of worrying about incompetent cervix that we actually have a natural cerclage of sorts. They pumped me with over 5 bags of this saline solution they call lactation ringer and either they over did it or my body didn't respond well because my feet, ankles and calves are now one big sausage lol we got out of the hospital today after and are now on day 3

We abandoned all hope to exclusively pump right off the bat which I am fine with. Were just trying to get into a routine right now and she sleeps a lot she cries some but always for an issues it's hasn't been for nothing. It's hard being a FTM, still have lots to learn I'm sure and I finding out that you can ask 10 people the same exact question and you'll get 10 different answers. Youtube is my best friend now and dh is stepping up to the plate big time. It would be so much harder without him.

My blood pressure has started to rise again just like it did after I had my daughter. I have some Labetalol left from my pregnancy until I see the doctor this week for Hudson's weight check. They told me at the hospital if it goes up to take them until I can see the doctor.

Hudson's umbilical stump finally fell off today. My mom and sister were watching him for an hour while we took our daughter to Pumpkinfest and it fell off while we were gone. My husband is glad he didn't have to see it because he's really grossed out by it.

I was sent home. My contractions have gotten really strong, they're quite awful but they aren't strong enough to cause me to dilate more. I was 1.5 cm around 430 and then told to go for a walk and come back in a couple hours. My husband and his parents went to get some dinner and walk around for a bit. I got back to the hospital around 630 and was told there was no change. I wanted to cry!

So now I'm laying down at home waiting for contractions to become "unbearable" as the doctor put it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->