*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I was sent home. My contractions have gotten really strong, they're quite awful but they aren't strong enough to cause me to dilate more. I was 1.5 cm around 430 and then told to go for a walk and come back in a couple hours. My husband and his parents went to get some dinner and walk around for a bit. I got back to the hospital around 630 and was told there was no change. I wanted to cry!

So now I'm laying down at home waiting for contractions to become "unbearable" as the doctor put it.

I had my epidural at 2cm, but they also started the pitocin then. They were so bad that I was crying with each contraction. The next time they checked me 4 hours later (I was sleeping) I was at 10. Good luck!

photobucket.com/user/charmed_kirsty/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-5.jpg.html]https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/charmed_kirsty/Mobile%20Uploads/image-5.jpg[/URL]

Collin David Philip was born 10/17 at 10:32 am weighing 8lbs 6 oz 19 1/2 in long

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 10
Big congrats girls on all the new arrivals . :)

I'm just a tiny bit jealous ha xx

Officially over due now :(

Congrats sprite, charmedkirsty and Geralyn! Great news!

Mushymilk - when I was 1cm dilated I was on loads of pain and they kept saying the same thing to me that the pain wasn't bad enough - it was only when I was physically sick that they listened to me! Hopefully yours has progressed a lot by now and you're back in the hospital. Good luck!

Rbourre - I feel your pain on the high blood pressure after birth - I'm 3 weeks postpartum now and am taking 8 labetalol tablets and 2 nifedepine per day and I just don't know how long I'll have to take all of them for. I hope yours settles down soon.

Geralyn and charmed Kirsty-congratulations ladies!! :) beautiful babies :cloud9:

Kiki-I know your frustration. Sending you labour dust :flower:

Mushy-hoping your getting good progression

Noshowjo-hope baby comes soon for you too, and all the other ladies waiting :flower:

Anyone's baby make giggling noises?! Thomas is in his bed and I can hear him giggling in his sleep, I swear it's giggles!! :)

Anyone's baby make giggling noises?! Thomas is in his bed and I can hear him giggling in his sleep, I swear it's giggles!! :)

Mine has once. I keep getting silent giggles though, when she is sleeping she smiles And acts like she is laughing, but no sound comes out, lol

Mine has once. I keep getting silent giggles though, when she is sleeping she smiles And acts like she is laughing, but no sound comes out, lol

Aww that's cute!! You should try and catch her on video doing it! :)

Yeh Isabelle giggles in her sleep sometimes too! So cute! She smiles too every now and then, I just thought it was wind although she looks you right in the eye when she does it, but HV reckons different and refered to it as a "social smile" whatever that is ha ha.

Congrats on all the new arrivals!!!

AFM - Things are going well. Carson has been sleeping a fair amount but does tend to wake up and stay awake for longer periods of time each day which is nice. At night he only wakes once between his night and morning feedings. He feeds usually around 11pm and then 4am and then 8am sometimes he will go a little longer between feedings than that as well. He is still not a burper but the doctor did not seem concerned. He also still sounds really phlegmy and I am hoping to maybe give him a little nursery water today to help him bring it up. Otherwise we are all good. Yesterday we went to the mall and a bunch of other stores and he slept pretty much the whole time we were gone. He was such a good little boy! :)

Lol my LO smiles and rolls her eyes all the time when sleeping. It freaked me out but then I found it was normal. The way newborns breathe freak me out too! Super fast and hard then normal.. Etc.

Lol my LO smiles and rolls her eyes all the time when sleeping. It freaked me out but then I found it was normal. The way newborns breathe freak me out too! Super fast and hard then normal.. Etc.
Mine even breathes really hard and fast and then stops for 10 seconds! Sent me into a panic! But the pediatrician said it's completely normal

Congratulations on all the new babies!!!!!!

Parker was born on October 15th at 9:58pm, weighing 8lb 8.8oz and 21 inches long. I started contractions at 5am on the 14th. After 26 hours of hard labor I opted for an epidural due to them wanting to give me pitocin since my uterus was getting tired they said from all the contractions. He was also still sideways. Good news was that I only pushed for 10 minutes and my little guy was born sunny side up no less.

Congrats on your arrivals Sprite, Charmed, Geralyn, Cntrygrl, and anyone else I may have missed!!!

Awww Mushy, hoping your time is soon. It's tiring to be in pain and not make any progress.

FX'd for other overdue ladies as well.

It feels weird being one of the last bumpkins left to deliver, but I really love coming on and seeing all the brand new babies!!

Has anyone else got a toddler who has gone totally insane since their baby was born?!

I fully anticipated it would be a hard transition & some bad behaviour but I never ever thought it would be this bad. We're going out of our way to include him & ensure he has a lot of attention but even then he constantly plays up in ways he never has before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->