*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Aww congrats Mushy! Is this your first then?? Mine is.. I literally can't describe how happy I am! She's so perfect, I just can't stop looking at her. I've had a good cry on more than one occasion just about how much I love her! :cry:

Hi lovely ladies, sorry I'm not much of a poster, but I thought Id let you know that we had our son Sullivan Reef yesterday on the 21st October at 10.24am. Weighing in at 9lbs 2ounces and is 56cms long. Doing really well, am so in love!

Huge congratulations to all the other new bubs and lots of labour dust to those still waiting!

Congrats on the new babies! Hope your little man is out of NICU soon mushy, glad he's doing well :)

Jaxon is 4 days old now and doing great, he's such a good baby. His big brother and sister adore him it's so lovely and they're such good little helpers!

My little birth story if anyone's interested...

Had some tightenings before going to bed but seeing as I'd been getting them so often for a few weeks I didn't think anything of them. Woke up at 2am and the tightenings were a lot stronger and obviously what had woken me up. They kept up so woke up my husband at 2.30. By 3am the contractions were ranging from 2-5 mins apart and lasting about a minute so called the hospital and they said to come in. By time someone arrived to watch the kids, we got to the hospital at about 3.30 and was about 8cm dilated, got changed and moved into delivery room and after a few pushes Jaxon was born at 4.02am :) everything was perfect and we were allowed to come home just after 7am. No stitches needed thankfully.

I went to the doctor today because my blood pressure has been high and I've had horrible headaches. My blood pressure at the doctor's office was 156/112 which is way higher than any reading I had while pregnant. The exact same thing happened after I had my daughter and I had to take medication for it until I got pregnant again. He put me on Adalat (nifedipine) which worked really well for me before so I hope it does again.

In good news, Hudson had a weight check while we were there and he's up to 7 pounds 14 ounces. He was 6 pounds 14 ounces when we were discharged from the hospital 9 days ago. I guess his feeding every 1.5-2.5 hours around the clock is paying off. It makes me happy to know that he is gaining weight really well from breastfeeding since my daughter was a really slow gainer. If he keeps gaining so fast, he's going to weigh more than her pretty quickly. She's tiny, only around 23 pounds.

Annabelle was weighed today and at 1w5d old she is now 10lb7. She gained 230 gms. She's so big!!
Breastfeeding is going better than I expected and she is still very much an easy going baby. She had a fussy period last night but I think it was from something I ate.

Good luck to those still waiting!

Got a second sweep today so fingers crossed this does something!

I'm hoping that I've made some progress as I was only 1cm dilated and my cervix was still long last week if not I might cry a bit!

Good luck Kiki! Hope the sweep works :)

Glad your little one is doing well zephyr, our little man gets weighed today (day 5) for the first time since he was born.

Hope you get your blood pressure sorted rbourre, glad Hudson is doing good! :)

Congrats to all the new moms! My little man is 3 weeks already! It's very hard having 2 under 17 months but my husband is a big help

Congratulations Mushy and tasheetravels!!!:flower:

On the subject of weight gain, I weighed myself a week or two before he was born and I'd put on 3+ stone :( However I weighed myself yesterday and I'm only a stone heavier than when I fell pregnant! Once I actually get my butt off the sofa I'm hoping it'll fall off, also my belly has almost gone:dance:

Good luck to everyone overdue, hope your baba's arrive soon!

My little girl is one month old today! They aren't kidding when they say they grow so fast !

It's induction day for me as well. At my appointment yesterday, I was barely 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced. My midwife wasn't sure she was able to get much of a sweep done.

However, overnight I started to shed brownish mucus and have had a number of short, erratic contractions. Maybe Lil' Miss Bean knows her time is running out to come on her own.

Either way we are off to the hospital tonight to start with cervix ripening then pitocin tomorrow if needed. I'm hoping it won't be needed.

Good luck today Nikko,

Wow newlywed, one month already doesn't seem like that at all.

That's great on the weight Vicky, and the belly too. So jealous lol I told dh I want to start doing weekly pics of my jelly belly just so I don't lose sight of actually getting the weight off. And I'd be interested to see how much it does down in the 6 weeks until I'm actually able to workout. Trying my best to continue to eat healthy.

Anyone else's baby a night owl? Were 1 week old today and she def prefers to be awake at night. She's didn't go to sleep until 3:45 am last night/this morning.

NST and ultrasound for me tomorrow and then talk about what to do with this baby with a VBAC and GD. Hoping to just keep waiting even though it sucks...41 weeks tomorrow.

Well not a good appointment :( baby is back to back now and no longer engaged :( also no progress from last week still only 1cm :(

Need to prepare myself for the induction Saturday it's everything I didn't want to happen happening now :(

I'm sorry Kiki. It sucks when you do things for the best even though it's not what you want.

I've been feeling the baby blues today. My son seems so big now. I can't breastfeed for very long like I did with him as I need to go on medication as I have multiple sclerosis and no one knows if any of the meds are safe. I had a very bad 1st year after Leo was born so I know as much as I would love to let her self wean being well enough to look after my children is what's most important.

Brin Elizabeth was born at 3:20pm two hours before our scheduled induction. 7lbs 13oz. More later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->