*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Baby is measuring 9 pounds 14 ounces so I will not be getting my home birth. :( I am facing a Foley catheter induction if I haven't had baby by Friday, I am 41 weeks today. Any experiences?

Baby is measuring 9 pounds 14 ounces so I will not be getting my home birth. :( I am facing a Foley catheter induction if I haven't had baby by Friday, I am 41 weeks today. Any experiences?

I had a Foley catheter with my son. It was put in at 8:30 pm on a Wednesday and I started having contractions at 9 pm. They got really bad and I thought I was in labour but they went away overnight. I was supposed to go back on the Thursday for them to break my water and induce with syntocinon if I needed it but they were really busy and I didn't get called until 5:30 am on Friday. I was 3 cm when I went in. They told me the Foley would fall out if I got to 3-4 cm. It fell out after about 14-15 hours.

Alexander and I get to go home today! I'm so excited! It's been a rough three days for both of us, I can't wait to be in my own house.

Here's a link describing what he had:
https://m.kidshealth.org/parent/medical/lungs/ttn.html

They told me it's common in bigger babies too.

Now we are cuddling together in my room for the first time alone waiting to be discharged.

While i can will do a quick version of birth story!

I started having contractions monday night, took bath, bounced on ball etc and held off aslong as i could until we went into hospital.. Went to the toilet and mucus was dark and streaky like poo so i told midwife.. turns out baby had pood inside me, they broke my waters didnt do anything, he was 4cm dilated for 4 hours with his rate reaching 200bpm then dropping, they was taking blood from his head while inside me, put a clip on his head to see how his heart rate was etc and in the end i was rushed for a emergency c section. he was born not breathing and life less at 11.20 tuesday he was resusitated 5 times and they got him back but because of the meconium we both got very serious infections and nearly died, we are very lucky to be here!! x

Oh my God, that sounds awful! And kinda like a more traumatic version of my birth! My baby had passed meconium too and her heart rate was dropping with each contraction. My waters went at 9.40am after nearly 30hours of labour and I went from 3cm to 10cm on gas and air alone in just a few hours - thought I'd make it on just gas and air at first, then realised I needed an epidural halfway through and had to wait what seemed like an eternity (but was probably only about half an hour!)

Doctor examined me after I'd had the epidural put in and I was 10cm and ready to push! Pushed for an hour and baby wasn't coming 'cause she was back to back. So they had to prep me for an emergency section but said they'd try forceps first. Luckily the forceps worked 'cause I was dreading the idea of the caesarean.

So sorry you had to go through that. I know how traumatic my experience was so yours must have been twice as bad. Just focus on the fact that you're both here and healthy now :flower:

I really feel for you, i'm in shock still. i wanted a natural birth and it went the opposite x

Yeah me too :/ Was this your first too?

Yep 1st baby, suprisingly enough i'm wanting another one still lol! x

While i can will do a quick version of birth story!

I started having contractions monday night, took bath, bounced on ball etc and held off aslong as i could until we went into hospital.. Went to the toilet and mucus was dark and streaky like poo so i told midwife.. turns out baby had pood inside me, they broke my waters didnt do anything, he was 4cm dilated for 4 hours with his rate reaching 200bpm then dropping, they was taking blood from his head while inside me, put a clip on his head to see how his heart rate was etc and in the end i was rushed for a emergency c section. he was born not breathing and life less at 11.20 tuesday he was resusitated 5 times and they got him back but because of the meconium we both got very serious infections and nearly died, we are very lucky to be here!! x

Wow that's a lot to go through! So sorry you've had such a traumatic time :-( def mention it to your mw and maybe your HV too when they visit just incase, with it been so traumatic you can get quite down over it all (as I've been there). I kept it all to myself for quite a while so if you find ourself dwelling and getting upset thinking about your experience def talk to someone as it helps a lot in getting your head around it all.
Sending massive hugs. Xx

I get a bit teary thinking about it as it could of gone even more wrong, me and baby are lucky to be alive x

Congrats mushy so glad to hear that baby boy is getting better.

Can't wait to see pics.

Afm, regarding the weight. I weighed myself yesterday and while I am still up 10 lbs I'm also down 10 lbs so that's not too bad. I'm heavy to begin with so once my 6 weeks is up I'd like to try to get down to my pre- fertility treatment weight of 188 lbs.

Anyone else having issues with iron? Post csection labs show iron is down to 8.1 just avoided a blood transfusion by skin of my teeth and having to take 2 iron tablets per day and still feel my I'm bleeding pretty heavy so i don't think it's going to get better quickly.

I'm also enjoying all the visitors, I thought for sure I would be miserable if people just randomly invited themselves over or stopped in unannounced but I'm actually glad there is that unknown because it forces me to get dressed and presentable. Been doing a load of laundry every single day since we are home lol and some how managing to make homemade meals everyday as well and doing double batches so I can make sure I have a homemade lunch to just pop in the micro. She prefers to be up at night but she's slowly figuring it out. Last night ended up being pretty decent.

I'm having trouble, my iron is so low i needed a transfusion but as my infection scale was through the roof they decided my body will probably attack the new blood so i'm on tablets twice a day like you, my bleeding has been light since section though.

How are everyone and the babies doing?

I'm so lucky baby is content, he feeds on demand, only cries when he has a bum change or is really really hungry.. he only woke up once through last night too!

Think everyone left for the facebook group. It's awe fully quiet in here lately. Either that or everyone's busy with baby.

That's rough Stacey, glad your bleeding is light and avoided the transfusion. I'm used to the iron tablets as I have a history of anemia but it still is not fun. Go to the hematologist nov 12 to see if I need an infusion. My bleeding finally slowed down a bit I think I was trying to do too much too soon but since I've settled down the bleeding has too.

Oh boy only one during the night that would be wonderful. Dd seems to want to be awake from 1am to 3 am every night and up very often at varying times yet she slept alllllll day today. Dr google says not to force her awake so so far I just let her slept and nap as often as I can.

Think everyone left for the facebook group. It's awe fully quiet in here lately. Either that or everyone's busy with baby.

That's rough Stacey, glad your bleeding is light and avoided the transfusion. I'm used to the iron tablets as I have a history of anemia but it still is not fun. Go to the hematologist nov 12 to see if I need an infusion. My bleeding finally slowed down a bit I think I was trying to do too much too soon but since I've settled down the bleeding has too.

Oh boy only one during the night that would be wonderful. Dd seems to want to be awake from 1am to 3 am every night and up very often at varying times yet she slept alllllll day today. Dr google says not to force her awake so so far I just let her slept and nap as often as I can.

We are really lucky, i bet he ends up been a nightmare lol! Are you on facebook?

I don't think I've been added to it yet. Ive been quiet cos im super busy my twins have been playing up something shocking since hubby started back at work this week. trying to juggle a newborn and still cook and clean for 5 other children is pretty exhausting! Can't wait till I'm back into a routine.

sorry you won't get your home birth! Good luck with the induction :)

I think I'm the last person on the planet without Facebook lol. I just haven't hopped on this thread much because it does seem to have gone quiet, and I've also been busy chasing a 4 year old with a 5 day old in my arms. : )

I hope all you ladies are doing very well, and that those still waiting get to meet their little ones very soon!!!! : )

I'm not on facebook either. Dh and I just never got into the social media thing.

Let's hope he stays that easy Stacey.

Good luck Krippy with the Foley catheter, hope it all goes well.

Who else is still waiting to have baby?

It's kind of crazy I weighed myself again tonight because I put my jeans and maternity shirt on and I was drowning in it so I was curious what the scale said and i was 205 so officially 1 lbs under prepregnancy weight. And that was after eating a big meal so I'd be interested in seeing what it says in the morn.

That's awesome about the weight, Sprite!! I haven't weighed myself yet. I'm just glad my regular clothes are fitting again lol! Its nice NOT to have to wear a Bella band with everything because my shirts are too short. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->