*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Pros and cons of cosleeping? Emmie usually goes 3 hours between feedings and right now she is napping up against me and is at 5 hours and counting!

Congrats to the new mamas!!! :) will update the list shortly. Been away at inlaws with no internet access until today. Horrible having no Internet!

Newlywed-I co-slept with dd1. It was the only way I got a good nights sleep as she continually fed! The pros for me were we slept better, the cons were worrying I'd roll onto her (never did though)

I am afraid she will always want to sleep with me and i won't be able to break her of it

Argh I read something sbout co sleeping recently on fb but can't find it now! It says the way you lay when co sleeping instinctively protects your baby! The laying on side with arm up and around the baby and drawing your legs up stops you rolling and anyone rolling from opposite side. Also you never go into a deep sleep again instinctively your always aware your baby's there next to you. :)
I've co slept with all 3, my first is still in bed with us :-/ second will go to sleep with me then I put her in her bed and will stay there. Isabelle I'll co sleep with if I'm knackard from a long night with her otherwise I can stay away and put her back in her basket. I have a co sleeping crib I'll put up in next few weeks when she's a bit bigger.

Re: co sleeping I feel like the biggest hypocrite. When my sil had her son 2 years ago I gave her the hardest time about having baby is bed with her and we bought the cutest bassinet with every intentions of using it and it actually scares the crap out of me. It's too low so it kills my back to reach I to and then when she's in it I can't see her. We have a king sized bed and put her in between us right from the day we were home from the hospital. The one night I did us the bassinet I was jumping up at every single little sound. I actually sleep better with her in bed with me. I know I know it's bad but whatever being sleep deprived is bad too. I'm not breastfeeding but I see a lot of things only saying co sleeping is better when breastfeeding.

We bough a pack n play style bassinet this week and I started using it downstairs for her to nap in and the goal is to bring it upstairs and start using that instead of co sleeping but honestly I'm in no rush

I have been partially co-sleeping for two nights. My little boy has quite the appetite and had been cluster feeding like crazy! And for some reason if he's asleep and I move him to his pack n play to sleep he instantly wakes up. I found if he sleeps for about half an hour next to me he does better. It usually ends up being longer because I fall asleep. I'm not worried about it at all and it's better for all of us!

Also yoyo for my baby you didn't put the date? Don't know if you just didn't know it but it's October 20 and I wad 41 + 1 weeks.

^^ that's what Isabelle does at times. She'll be fast asleep as soon as her body touches the basket her eyes are straight open lol.

As much as I want to co sleep as I'm sooooooo tired I just can't do it while he's this tiny. I'm just too nervous. (Even though I've read many articles saying how safe it is if done correctly.) The only co-sleeping I did with ds1 was for the odd nap but not until he was 3 months +.

I co slept with all 6 of mine.
The twins still Co sleep and for that reason I tried putting Annabelle down but I was so exhausted I was nodding off while sitting during feeds and I was afraid id drop her or nod off onto her. I woke up once with my forehead on hers and I felt that it was far more unsafe for me to continue that way and im currently sleeping in a seperate bed with her and hubby is sleeping with the twins.
We are going to work on moving the twins into big beds and then I will return to our bed with Annabelle.

I think as long as it is done safely it is fine! But I'm super paranoid, I'll sleep with the covers at my waist and position myself so I can't roll etc.

Congrats to the new mamas!!! :) will update the list shortly. Been away at inlaws with no internet access until today. Horrible having no Internet!

Newlywed-I co-slept with dd1. It was the only way I got a good nights sleep as she continually fed! The pros for me were we slept better, the cons were worrying I'd roll onto her (never did though)

Hey, yoyo, no biggie at all, but my little guy was born 10/18. He's number 41! : ) I posted somewhere around the 19th, but no pics or anything yet, so it was easy to overlook. : )

I hope everyone is doing well!! : )

Re Co Sleeping: Carson still has mucus that is passing through and will sometimes make choking sounds in his sleep and need to be sitting up and sometimes needs his nose cleared out before laying down again. I have been putting him in bed with us off and on for a few weeks and so far that's good but I have noticed that now he won't fall asleep if he's not touching myself or OH, even during the day. So I'm not sure how much longer I'll continue with the co sleeping, probably only on the nights his breathing isn't the best.

Hey, yoyo, no biggie at all, but my little guy was born 10/18. He's number 41! : ) I posted somewhere around the 19th, but no pics or anything yet, so it was easy to overlook. : )

Congratulations!! :)

Will add you to the list now-so sorry I must have missed your post :flower:

Well, just thought I'd take a minute while baby boy is resting to post an update. Joshua will be 6 weeks old tomorrow and seems to be growing more and more each day. His cheeks are starting to get chubby cheeks! Doctor started him on medicine for silent reflux and that seems to be doing well. He's still having issues with gas, but I think that's just normal at this point. The only problem we have is he's not very content and doesn't sleep very well. Even during the day, and no matter where we put him to sleep, he moves a lot and just doesn't sleep. Last night I was up about every hour or so. He didn't always want to eat, but most of the time he did. It's exhausting. I try to lay down some during the day when he's asleep, but he's not content then either and I end up waking up not long after I lay down. I was really hoping to get some good sleep here soon, but now I'm seriously doubting it. Oh well, he's worth it... and one day I guess I'll sleep again! Glad everyone seems to be doing well. Are we almost finished having babies? Sisterrose, I sent you a message about joining the facebook group. I'll be watching for the email.

42 babies born! I can't believe it!!
It's gone so fast, I wish I could go back and relive some of it but I'm so glad my baby boy is finally here:cloud9:

I'm too scared to co-sleep as I'm such a deep sleeper and I have to be wrapped in my duvet to sleep so it's not really possible. Thankfully he sleeps extremely well in his moses basket although sometimes the minute I tuck his blankets in he snaps wide awake- the little stinker:haha:

Congratulations!! :)

Will add you to the list now-so sorry I must have missed your post :flower:

SO not a big deal : ) I just still get excited every time I see our number go up!! : ) Thank you!

My son is 17 days old and I weighed myself and lost 20 pounds. So happy with that since I only gained 4 while pregnant. My stomach has changed shape a lot though and my jeans are kind of tight in the waist. I'm hoping to keep losing weight now.

Baby Ethan was born on Saturday 25th October at 16.40 weighing 6lb 8oz! He was born via emergency c-section after a 37 hour labour! We are both still in hospital he is under the NICU as he had a sky high temperature! Hopefully he will be off the antibiotics in the next couple of days :)

Congrats, kiki!! Praying your little guy stays healthy and gets to go home soon. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->