*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Congratulations Kiki!! Thinking of you and your LO as you both recover

Congrats kiki, hope he recovers quickly and you get to go home soon!

anyone else still having problems with blood pressure after delivery? I'm 3 weeks pp today and my blood pressure is still really high, higher even than in pregnancy. It was 156/100 last week, i didn't dare even look yesterday but Dr said its high :( in starting to get really worried / concerned and my anxiety has gotten awful the last week im having panic attacks about dying and my oh has to convince me at least once a day that in not going to die. Really getting me down. :( i think its psychologically affected me that much that i feel like in going to pass out/hyperventilate when they put the cuff on so im not sure its sending it higher at the dr's office than at home.

Sister rose, I'm so sorry you're dealing with that!! I'm sure the panic attacks send BP shooting up, and that it wouldn't really read like that all the time. Have you talked to your doctor about the anxiety and panic attacks? I'm so sorry--that is an awful lot to deal with at any time, but especially on top of caring for a newborn! I hope you can get some help/relief and feel better soon!

Congrats kiki, hope he recovers quickly and you get to go home soon!

anyone else still having problems with blood pressure after delivery? I'm 3 weeks pp today and my blood pressure is still really high, higher even than in pregnancy. It was 156/100 last week, i didn't dare even look yesterday but Dr said its high :( in starting to get really worried / concerned and my anxiety has gotten awful the last week im having panic attacks about dying and my oh has to convince me at least once a day that in not going to die. Really getting me down. :( i think its psychologically affected me that much that i feel like in going to pass out/hyperventilate when they put the cuff on so im not sure its sending it higher at the dr's office than at home.

Mine was 156/112 last week at the doctors. He put me on 30 mg of Nifedipine a day and it's been right around 120/80 now. Same thing happened after my daughter was born and I was on the same dosage of Nifedipine until I got pregnant this time. My BP was perfect almost my whole pregnancy so I was really hoping it would be different this time.

Congrats Kiki and all the other new mummies!

Sisterrose - I've also been dealing with high blood pressure postpartum. Mine went up to 166/106 after the birth and I've been taking 8 doses of labetalol per day plus 2 tablets of nifedepine per day. I had daily checks for 2 weeks and it was constantly high but today it went down to 123/82. I came off the labetalol a couple of days ago (I'm now 4 weeks PP) but they're keeping me on nifedepine for another month. I know what you mean - as I was having daily checks and it was always high I started getting so anxious about them which can't have helped. This was made worse as I was re admitted to hospital on day 6 and I had that hanging over my head. I hope it settles down for you and it's good they're looking into it.

I should probably post this in the formula feeding section but I don't really know anyone there and I feel like I'd probably get a better response here. Dd was feeding 1.5 -2 oz every 3 hours for the last week. Until today she's just horribly fussy and I am having one heck of a time burping her. She's been demanding food after just 2 hours and even after she downs the 2 ozs she seems like she's wanting more because when I sit her up to burp her she cries right away. I said to dh ..how can you burp a baby if she's crying ? Obviously I'm a FTM. So I got on google and pretty much everything sayings 2.5-3 oz is ok at 2 weeks old and she should be eating 6-8 times a day. Is that accurate? I'm nervous about bumping her up but if tomorrow goes as rough as today did then I will have no choice., I think

I should probably post this in the formula feeding section but I don't really know anyone there and I feel like I'd probably get a better response here. Dd was feeding 1.5 -2 oz every 3 hours for the last week. Until today she's just horribly fussy and I am having one heck of a time burping her. She's been demanding food after just 2 hours and even after she downs the 2 ozs she seems like she's wanting more because when I sit her up to burp her she cries right away. I said to dh ..how can you burp a baby if she's crying ? Obviously I'm a FTM. So I got on google and pretty much everything sayings 2.5-3 oz is ok at 2 weeks old and she should be eating 6-8 times a day. Is that accurate? I'm nervous about bumping her up but if tomorrow goes as rough as today did then I will have no choice., I think

Our little guy is 11 days old today, and he eats 2-3 oz every 3 hours or so. I think you'd be just fine to bump her up a bit. : ) I'd just go off of what she seems to need. If she gets full before finishing the bottle, she will let you know. It sounds like you're doing a great job--try not to stress too much about it. : )

All I know is those leaflet/book/notes I have got from the hospital say if your baby is hungry feed them.

When the baby is finishing the bottle add another ounce so there's more if they need it. I read that somewhere & it worked really well when i was ff ds1. Don't get too hung up on how much it says she should be eating. Babies, like adults, have different appetites.

I'd say follow your baby rather than what Internet or box says, it's only a rough guid and every baby is different :) if you up the amount and it's not all taken then no biggie and maybe she just wants food more often than needing more per feed. X

We attempted to bump her up but she wouldn't take anymore then 2.5 ounces but she did get come good sleep afterwards. The two feeds after she only took 2 ounces and now this morning she took the 2.5 oz again like she really needed it so I'll be interested to see if she's hungry after 2 hours again or if she can make it alittle longer now. It seems like she's super tired and she's fighting sleep right now. She's been sleeping 4 hour stretches at night for the last two nights ....finally but during the day she seems overtired and fussy.

This is so weird to me...being a FTM I feel like I'm just guessing and hoping it works out. I feel bad but dh seems to think any baby is trial and error whether yours a FTM or have 6 but I don't know.

At 2 weeks old DS was doing the same thing. By the time he was 3 weeks old he was at 4oz a feeding about 6 times a day as this is what his doctor told us to do because he's clearly not getting enough from 2-3oz. He's a very hard burper and sometimes won't burp until the end of his feeding because he just wants to eat.

We attempted to bump her up but she wouldn't take anymore then 2.5 ounces but she did get come good sleep afterwards. The two feeds after she only took 2 ounces and now this morning she took the 2.5 oz again like she really needed it so I'll be interested to see if she's hungry after 2 hours again or if she can make it alittle longer now. It seems like she's super tired and she's fighting sleep right now. She's been sleeping 4 hour stretches at night for the last two nights ....finally but during the day she seems overtired and fussy.

This is so weird to me...being a FTM I feel like I'm just guessing and hoping it works out. I feel bad but dh seems to think any baby is trial and error whether yours a FTM or have 6 but I don't know.

Sprite, you're doing great--it sounds like you're right on track, and just the fact that you're open to opinions and asking for advice means you're really trying to do the best job you can. SO much of being a parent really IS trial and error lol. You're not going to make any catastrophic mistakes--she is going to be fine. Trust your instincts, and listen to your baby. : ) The way you handled the formula adjustment, and the way you're paying such close attention to her habits is perfect. You're going to make it just fine! : )

Thank you so much soblessed, I really needed a pep talk. And it actually brought tears to my eyes lol these dang hormones lol.

She's sleeping peacefully right now so I'm hoping that it's just more formula she was calling for, guess well see in a couple hours.

Sometimes you have to just get off the internet and test it out. Thanks to all for the comments I'll let you know how it pans out.

I get the hormonal thing sprite. My mum phoned me and all I managed was hello before crying.

Hormones are the worst lol--I have cried no less than 20 times in the past week. I just have to keep telling myself it is temporary, and eventually we will all feel normal again!! (Right?) ; )

Anyone else Having a rough time with baby #2? I have a very busy/naughty toddler daughter and the new baby. Dad works a lot so I'm alone most of the day. I'm finding this verryyy hard ':(

Yep. My DH is still off work & we're both finding it hard, I'm dreading him going back next week!

Splitting my time between the two is a lot harder than I thought it would be and ds1 behaviour since his brothers arrival has been a lot worse than I anticipated! That said the past 2 days has been better, we've been out doing things ds1 enjoys like soft play.

My twins played up really terrible the first week hubby was at work. This week has gone better. They are still being monkeys but the more I get back into our normal routine the better they are becoming. We had a pretty strict schedule before baby arrived which got turned upside down completely and they didn't cope well.
They both know I only have one arm for baby and one arm for them so they have been taking advantage of that lol and have learnt new tricks to open doors and have been saying things like "quick run!" But it is getting slowly better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->