*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

For those with LO's that are a little older when did you start introducing things like fruit and veggies and rice cereal? I was given some jarred organic fruit and I'm my sure when I can give it to my DS because it just says beginner up to 6 months on it. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

Normally they say not to introduce solids until 6 months.
It used to be 4 months so my babies before the twins started solids at 4 months but here they changed it to 6 months even though all the baby food companies still sell for 4 months and over :p

Normally they say not to introduce solids until 6 months.
It used to be 4 months so my babies before the twins started solids at 4 months but here they changed it to 6 months even though all the baby food companies still sell for 4 months and over :p

Yeah I've been getting mixed reviews. My best friend had her first one on jarred baby food (single items veggies and fruit no meat) at 3 months and the second one was 2 months old and she gave it to him. She said she only gave it to them every couple days until they were 4-5 months old. Then I have been told that absolutely nothing until 6 months. So I dunno there's so many different cases and options it's hard to know what to do. I will probably mention it to my doctor when I go for my appointment in a couple weeks.

Anyone else Having a rough time with baby #2? I have a very busy/naughty toddler daughter and the new baby. Dad works a lot so I'm alone most of the day. I'm finding this verryyy hard ':(

I feel you!! DH has been awesome at helping when he is home, and my 4 year old is actually an enormous help, and I'm still overwhelmed. (Love it, but overwhelmed.)
DH is a football coach, and we are in the middle of football season here. I dread Thursday and Friday nights because he doesn't get home until 1 or 2 in the morning due to traveling for games. During the day I feel pretty good about things (although literally nothing has been cleaned since I came home from the hospital) but bedtime is what gets me in over my head. It is much harder to get two kids through a bath, PJs, and in bed at bedtime. I swear I start an hour early just to finish close to bedtime lol.

I just keep having to remind myself that it felt just as overwhelming with 1 at first, too. It definitely gives me an even greater sense of respect for people with larger families. My sister has 4 kids, and I have no idea how she does it.

For those with LO's that are a little older when did you start introducing things like fruit and veggies and rice cereal? I was given some jarred organic fruit and I'm my sure when I can give it to my DS because it just says beginner up to 6 months on it. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

The official guidelines are 6 months however it is safe to start weaning from as early as 4 months (never earlier) as long as the baby is showing the right weaning cues (sitting up well, watching you eat, there's some others that I can't quite remember.) depending on when you wean you need to be cautious as to how quickly you introduce food. If you wait until 6 months you can pretty much give them whatever you want straight away but at 4 months you should introduce 1 thing at a time and wait at least a few days to see if there's any reaction to it.

I loved weaning ds1. We started at just 18 weeks as he showed all the cues. He took to it straight away, he loves his food, eats pretty much everything!

They have a growth spurt at 2 weeks sprite so could possibly be that making her want little and often.

They don't recomend weaning under 4 month here, I personally wait till 6 (have done with other 2 and will do this time too) so their gut have more time to become mature and to handle foods. Gonna do baby led weaning for second time too. Very messy but more fun :)

Anyone else Having a rough time with baby #2? I have a very busy/naughty toddler daughter and the new baby. Dad works a lot so I'm alone most of the day. I'm finding this verryyy hard ':(

Yes, I am. It was a lot harder while I was exclusively breast feeding as baby wanted to be eating constantly and my daughter would be running around the house. I'm alone from the time we get up in the morning until 5:30 pm. I've started giving formula because my son was crying, screaming constantly and projectile vomiting. I think I have an oversupply and forceful let down and he was getting too much too fast. He keeps the formula down perfectly fine. I'm still breastfeeding but I pump a bit first so he doesn't get too much. I haven't decided yet if we are going to just formula feed.

I actually found #2 more of a shock to the system than #3. A lot of people told me that going from one to two was the hardest transition but I didnt really believe it!! Jack is awake most of the night and likes to be fed A LOT. I knew it'd be challenging to breast feed him as I have my 4 year old who is so demanding and my 12month old to look after also, my last baby wanted to breast feed constantly too and I know how awful it is to be stuck feeding a baby constatly while your other child plays up and needs attention. I did 8 weeks with baby no.2 before I moved to forumla and considered that an achievement to be honest.

This time I combi fed from day 3 - managed to continue breast feeding up until about 2 days ago, now my supply is so low i barely get an ounce but still pumping once a day. I don't beat myself up about it, I did best I could and I wouldnt be able to cope with my other children, look after our house or be able to take my daughter to nursery or even get a wink of sleep on top if i was solely breast feeding. Some times you just have to do what is best all around, an unhappy and stressed mummy is no good for anybody!

Other than that, im finding 3 kids busy, busy, busy!! its 9pm and i havent stopped yet, finished getting some halloween stuff ready now to go and bath jack and prepare for another night of feeds :-o lol. x

Hi there. I was wondering if it would be possible to join the Facebook page. I haven't posted much here, but I'm on Facebook alot more and would really appreciate belonging to a group whose babies are the same age as my wee man.

Thanks for the advise on the formula ladies. Were doing 2.5 ounces every 3ish hours. Sometimes it's alittle sooner then 3 and sometimes she can go 4 hours without fussing a bit so I'm just worrying more about her ques rather then the clock.

I took the steri strips off my incision today, I wasn't having any issues with them but the doc said to remove after 7-10 days well it's been 15 days so I figured I better take them off and now my incision itches like crazy. Kind of wish I kept them on now lol

Sorry to hear your having a rough time with #2 jcliff and I am sure them being so close in age doesn't help at all. Speaking of age difference I remembered awhile ago that I wanted to ask you how your csection went and how having them close so close together panned out. Dh and I aren't going on any type of birth control and think well start with iui's again after 6 months? Or do you think that's too close?

I actually found #2 more of a shock to the system than #3. A lot of people told me that going from one to two was the hardest transition but I didnt really believe it!! Jack is awake most of the night and likes to be fed A LOT. I knew it'd be challenging to breast feed him as I have my 4 year old who is so demanding and my 12month old to look after also, my last baby wanted to breast feed constantly too and I know how awful it is to be stuck feeding a baby constatly while your other child plays up and needs attention. I did 8 weeks with baby no.2 before I moved to forumla and considered that an achievement to be honest.

This time I combi fed from day 3 - managed to continue breast feeding up until about 2 days ago, now my supply is so low i barely get an ounce but still pumping once a day. I don't beat myself up about it, I did best I could and I wouldnt be able to cope with my other children, look after our house or be able to take my daughter to nursery or even get a wink of sleep on top if i was solely breast feeding. Some times you just have to do what is best all around, an unhappy and stressed mummy is no good for anybody!

Other than that, im finding 3 kids busy, busy, busy!! its 9pm and i havent stopped yet, finished getting some halloween stuff ready now to go and bath jack and prepare for another night of feeds :-o lol. x

Totally agree that 2-3 has been a lot less of a shock than 1-2, someone said that to me just before she was born though that number 3 was an easy transition n I didn't believe them after how mental I found it going from 1-2 lol.

Sprite, my incision is itching like crazy, too!! I assume it is just skin pulling as it heals. I'm worried about scratching at it in my sleep, so I slather it with antibiotic ointment before I go to bed lol. I would love to put some itch medicine on it, but I'd be too scared at this point. It looks like it is all closed up (my steri strips all came off in the shower by a week or so) but I'd still be afraid to put anything other than antibiotics on it.

I really can't remember itching with my first section, but I had staples that time, and this time I have dissolvable stitches. Someone on another thread said the stitches can cause itching as they dissolve.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't get too bad for any of us lol! : )

I hope everyone is going well!! I wonder how many we still have waiting on babies?

Sprite, my incision is itching like crazy, too!! I assume it is just skin pulling as it heals. I'm worried about scratching at it in my sleep, so I slather it with antibiotic ointment before I go to bed lol. I would love to put some itch medicine on it, but I'd be too scared at this point. It looks like it is all closed up (my steri strips all came off in the shower by a week or so) but I'd still be afraid to put anything other than antibiotics on it.

I really can't remember itching with my first section, but I had staples that time, and this time I have dissolvable stitches. Someone on another thread said the stitches can cause itching as they dissolve.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't get too bad for any of us lol! : )

I hope everyone is going well!! I wonder how many we still have waiting on babies?

Same here, I'm pretty sure it's all healed closed but I don't want to put anything on it at this point. I remember when I had a cyst removed from my back the plastic surgeon said I could put on mederma and message the scar tissue at 2 weeks but I wouldn't dare do that yet because it's a much more sensitive area.

The itchiness was much worst last night so I'm dealing with it today. I just had to take the strips off tho they were hanging on by a thread so it was either take them off now or have them fall off at the worst possible time.

On a side note, has anyone got there AF back yet? I'm having horrible cramps just on my right side like ovulation so I betcha any money I'm gonna get af in 2 weeks from now.

Noooooooo boooo to AF!!! With my last two it came back at 7 month due to bf so hoping for same again. I'm almost 4week pp and still having tiny gushes every day or two. Mentioned it to mw on mon and she said it was fine so just waiting it out.

Just wanted to pop in and wish all you U.S. ladies a Happy Halloween!!! :witch:

Sorry that I haven't participated much, just felt kind of awkward as many of you had your little ones some time ago and I'm still waiting. I think my baby has decided to hold out until November.

Busy, your little one will be here soon!! In the mean time, I am SO excited for you, and still in awe of what an amazing multi-tasker you are! : ) Happy Halloween!

Bustulip - fingers crossed you're not waiting too long for your little one to arrive. Although I've had my baby I still check in and am interested to hear how people are getting on so please do continue to post updates!

Just wanted to pop in and wish all you U.S. ladies a Happy Halloween!!! :witch:

Sorry that I haven't participated much, just felt kind of awkward as many of you had your little ones some time ago and I'm still waiting. I think my baby has decided to hold out until November.

Good luck busytulip :) hope it happens for you soon !

Here is Michael in his halloween costume! well, Halloween Pjs! :) Hope everyone had a fun night!

Attachments

• Mikey Halloween.jpg
    Mikey Halloween.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79