• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

OMG I'm so sorry you're going through that. :hugs: :hugs: I hope she gets better soon. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Thank you! I just keep playing it over in my head and thinking what if I had been in the bathroom or washing dishes. I am so thankful I just happened to just sit and watch her sleep. And that my neighbors were home! (They usually are never home).

Thank god you were though. Ds1 had 2 fits in front of us at 2 days old. It was awful to see & hear (he made a blood curdling scream) thankfully we were still in hospital so just hit the emergency button. It haunted me for a long time though.

Do the Drs have any idea what is wrong?

So sorry to hear that toughgal. Keep us updated. Paige has a movement moniter under her mattress that picks up her breathing so if she stopped an alarm would go off.

Her phosphorus levels are up but that is the only enzyme that is high. Everything else is fine so they said that was odd. But one nurse said it may have been acid reflux that came up and choked her, making her shake, and was mistaken for a seizure. They present the same symptoms.

I had an instinct she may have had reflux and was going to talk to her pediatrician but then this happens :nope: they have her on a 12 hour sleep study right now. If her heart rate drops or she quits breathing there will be a loud piercing alarm. It went off twice, real quick, last night. :(

Toughgal, I'm so sorry you're going through this! That's terrifying! Thank goodness you were close and able to get immediate help. I'm praying they get some very straightforward and clear answers, and that whatever is wrong is very easily fixable. Also praying for your strength and peace of mind. Hang in there, mama--it sounds like your baby is under great care!

Thank you soblessedmama! They said we may be here till monday. She gets off the sleep study in about a hour and a half. Cant wait for that so I can just snuggle with her freely!!

God that's so scary :-( hope she's ok
Re the nappy situation Isabelle's not too bad, once or twice a day although other day was about 5!!! Not had a massive explosion yet but sure it'll come eventually. See how it goes with cloth nappies instead of disposables with others.
Am I the only one feeling broody for another?!?!? Lol. I'm sure there'll be room for one more in a couple of years ;-)

Aww, TG, I hope she doesn't have to stay until Monday. But, it is great the doctors are being so vigilant--you definitely want her to be well taken care of and helped before you head home!

Is it a facility where you can stay overnight with her?

Thinking of you and your little one toughgal. Hope you get some answers and all is ok. Well done for acting quickly and it sounds like she's in good hands right now.

Yes we are in the same room. They put a crib and elevated it for her. And hooked up all the machines in here, thankfully. She is off the sleep study machine but still has an IV and sleep apnea lines, poor baby :cry:

Thanks for all the kind words ladies. It all happened so quickly my head is still spinning.

I can't imagine how hard it must be to see your sweet girl going through that. : ( Just remember it is to get her the best help possible! Continuing to pray for y'all!!

Her oxygen just dipped to 86% in her sleep then shot back up. May not be bad, I'm not a doctor, but it really terrifies me. Sleep study results should be here in the morning.

Awww sorry to hear your LO is going through this ToughGal, will definitely be praying.

My 6 y/o had an incident like this when she was little. We didn't know it but she did suffer from reflux, ended up aspirating, and I had to perform CPR. At the hospital they did a barium swallow test and diagnosed the reflux (GERD). We went home with meds and a home apnea monitor. Hopefully you get some answers and appropriate treatment soon. Big :hugs: !! I know how scary it an be.

Awww sorry to hear your LO is going through this ToughGal, will definitely be praying.

My 6 y/o had an incident like this when she was little. We didn't know it but she did suffer from reflux, ended up aspirating, and I had to perform CPR. At the hospital they did a barium swallow test and diagnosed the reflux (GERD). We went home with meds and a home apnea monitor. Hopefully you get some answers and appropriate treatment soon. Big :hugs:!! I know how scary it an be.

Thank you for sharing but I am terribly sorry you experienced it, too :nope:

May I ask if she changed colors? My LO turned pale..

She wasn't pale she was bluish purple. She also suffers from seizures, but did not have one during that particular incident. Do they plan on doing an EEG at all?

They havent said anything about it. They took urine, blood, did a CT, and after much thought and questioning they did a spinal tap for meningitis. Plus the sleep study. I should demand that and the swab test you mentioned. Thanks for sharing!! Seriously!

Oooh the spinal for meningitis...poor baby girl. That's rough. Just know that you are in the best place possible. I'll be holding your family in my prayers.

Yea that was a really rough decision. But right now, I know I can't risk anything. She is my little trooper..<3 thanks everyone for all the kind words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->