October IUI Buddies

Mrs T - sorry for the bfn hun....that is so upsetting....huge hug!

Damie - you are right...pray pray pray for those bfps....

Mrsw - I believe they usually like to see your follies around 18mm...but if you are not triggering and had a natural surge then that is probably why he went ahead with the IUI.

JM - I ov on my own and my dr still makes me take the trigger...even when I did timed bd. I would get a surge and she woudl tell me to take it anyway as it only helps things along. I would maybe ask about doing injectibles and a trigger next cycle.....which will give you more follies which means more targets and timing can be more accurate with the trigger.

Good luck to all the ladies waiting to test and those waiting to ov!

Afm - I started my femara last night....I have an appt on cd 8 for an ultrasound and some bloodwork and that is also the day i start my gonal F.

I know I should have asked how big the good one was...but he said I had two so I immediately thought twins!! which is what I am hoping for... but he said that the chance that egg will produce anything is less than %5 so I was kinda bummed.I will be happy with one though!
He did say that the other egg was very good so I am assuming it was the right size! Which is wonderful, but before he left he said "Don't get your hopes up usually it takes four tries" :(
so.... I am not hoping, but praying really hard!
I am taking femara but we are not and have not talked about anything else such as trigger shots....He just did my Ultra sound and checked the size and basted me!
Quick update: I had surgery a month ago for my stage two endometiosis... My egg is not big enough without the help of meds and he said my mucus is too thick and after my PC test he found NO sperms at all :( so those are the problems I have ttc

Dont be disheartned hun :) stay positive. My nurse who performed my IUI said "IUI's are not successful at all". Why ony earth would she tell me that? Then i told her, that my first IUI was a success..and she was surprised GRRR.

Good luck, how is the TWW going for u
Some docs and nurses can be really insensitive, the should always try to give their patients hope not the other way round. I always try not to listen to them cos they are just there to put me thru. God is the miracle worker. So whatever anyone say I try to only pick the ones that are positive. :dust: to you all

Well, I have GREAT news!! I went in for my 2nd follicle check, and I have THREE big follicles!! :happydance: Two on the left side, one at 15mm and one at 17mm; and one on the right at 15mm. The plan: They want the follicles a wee bit bigger, so I'm going back Monday for one more follicle check. Everything should look good by then, and if so, we'll do the IUI on Tuesday.

Congrats Kat S, hope they develop into 18mm by Monday. All the best by then

Sweet - ok well they checked your progesterone and it is good...so the spotting couldnt be from that right? I am praying it was implantation for you!

mrswe - that is great you know what the problem is. I have never had the post coital test done cuz I dont live in the same country as my RE....but they might try and do it this time while I am there for the IUI. BTW what the dr said about it usually taking 4 times is a crock of cow dung....It can happen anytime!

Kat - that is wonderful news on your follies....woohoo...good luck with the IUI!

Mrs T - sorry for the bfn hun....that is so upsetting....huge hug!

Damie - you are right...pray pray pray for those bfps....

Mrsw - I believe they usually like to see your follies around 18mm...but if you are not triggering and had a natural surge then that is probably why he went ahead with the IUI.

JM - I ov on my own and my dr still makes me take the trigger...even when I did timed bd. I would get a surge and she woudl tell me to take it anyway as it only helps things along. I would maybe ask about doing injectibles and a trigger next cycle.....which will give you more follies which means more targets and timing can be more accurate with the trigger.

Good luck to all the ladies waiting to test and those waiting to ov!

Afm - I started my femara last night....I have an appt on cd 8 for an ultrasound and some bloodwork and that is also the day i start my gonal F.

I know I should have asked how big the good one was...but he said I had two so I immediately thought twins!! which is what I am hoping for... but he said that the chance that egg will produce anything is less than %5 so I was kinda bummed.I will be happy with one though!
He did say that the other egg was very good so I am assuming it was the right size! Which is wonderful, but before he left he said "Don't get your hopes up usually it takes four tries" :(
so.... I am not hoping, but praying really hard!
I am taking femara but we are not and have not talked about anything else such as trigger shots....He just did my Ultra sound and checked the size and basted me!
Quick update: I had surgery a month ago for my stage two endometiosis... My egg is not big enough without the help of meds and he said my mucus is too thick and after my PC test he found NO sperms at all :( so those are the problems I have ttc

Dont be disheartned hun :) stay positive. My nurse who performed my IUI said "IUI's are not successful at all". Why ony earth would she tell me that? Then i told her, that my first IUI was a success..and she was surprised GRRR.

Good luck, how is the TWW going for u

Why do they do iuis if they aren't successful?

AFM : i am 8dpiui today. I dont know what i am feeling, am i feeling the effects of the Pregnyl i took last night? Or TWW symptoms?

Feeling very heavy chested and sore boobs (i dont ever get throbbing boob pains)
AF Cramps for the last 3 days, Non stop. It feels like ful on AF pains, without the bleeding
I also feel very "tangled" and "knotted" near the ovary area...which spasms through out the whole uterine area.

Had my Progesterone check yesterday, they said its all good (phew, because i am normally have very low prgestorone levels, which makes it hard to sustain a pregnancy)

That does not sound like fun at all. I am sorry you are going through that.

Well, I have GREAT news!! I went in for my 2nd follicle check, and I have THREE big follicles!! :happydance: Two on the left side, one at 15mm and one at 17mm; and one on the right at 15mm. The plan: They want the follicles a wee bit bigger, so I'm going back Monday for one more follicle check. Everything should look good by then, and if so, we'll do the IUI on Tuesday.

Those sound great! I hope the grow!

mrsjennyg : Thanks hun..yes the TWW is pure torture!! How are you going?

Kat S : Thank you, i do hope all of this means something, trying sooo hard not to get my hopes up. And CoNGRATS on the 3 Awesome follies!! How good is that! Wow.. not long to go for ur IUI!!! I think this is ur month! :)

Damie : Yes, i think some doc/nurses forgets that..even though they see thousands of infertility couples...that we dont really see that. We are not just a number :( You are correct, they are just there to get us through.. God will take care of the rest :)

ttcbaby117 : Yes they said my progesterone is all good, so i am hoping its a sign! But the doubt is.. i am having regular Pregnyl shots.. i dont know how much of it is the side effects of that...

karenh : good luck hun. Not long to go at all! Hope you have nice sized follies waiting for you :). Yes i know... they forget that many women fall preg with IUI/ sometimes i thnk they want more $$. But thank god we are smarter than that... we research..and google is our best friend lol!

AFM : I am 9dpiui today..not much to report... except that i took my Pregnyl booster on the wrong day! (1 day early) oopsie.. hope that is ok...

how silly can i be? lol

Hey ladies! I've been reading just not posting. Welcome to all the newbies and all of us in the 2ww I hope it goes by quickly! I am 9 days past my iui my beta is scheduled for next Saturday. I have had zero symptoms this round so we shall see what happens! Hopefully this is my month. If not I think we will do one more round before Christmas and hopefully try injectable :)

Hey ladies! I've been reading just not posting. Welcome to all the newbies and all of us in the 2ww I hope it goes by quickly! I am 9 days past my iui my beta is scheduled for next Saturday. I have had zero symptoms this round so we shall see what happens! Hopefully this is my month. If not I think we will do one more round before Christmas and hopefully try injectable :)

Thanks Posting and welcom. We hope and pray you get a BFP, symptoms or not.:hugs:

Good luck to you!! Keep us posted on your results!

I know some of you adies who have been LTTCC will understand this: It was SO HARD not to bd this week when I knew I was ovulating!! Holy cow, it was like going against every fibre in my body to not try and get pregnant! (My IUI was cancelled due to my body ovulating early a immature egg, nurse said not to bd because I could get pg and miscarry). Hopefully I'm past the danger stage now and will get AF on time so I can try again right away! Fx'd for all of you in the tww right now!!!

Good morning ladies. How is everyone feeling? I am only 5dpiui and I feel like it's been weeks....talk about dragging! I tested out my trigger today and it's super faint so I'm sure in a few days it will be completely out of my system. No symptoms to report, trying very hard not to symptom spot as that has got me no where in the last 16 months ttc. If anyone told me getting pregnant again after an early mc would take over a year, I would not have believed them! This really blows!

Good morning ladies. How is everyone feeling? I am only 5dpiui and I feel like it's been weeks....talk about dragging! I tested out my trigger today and it's super faint so I'm sure in a few days it will be completely out of my system. No symptoms to report, trying very hard not to symptom spot as that has got me no where in the last 16 months ttc. If anyone told me getting pregnant again after an early mc would take over a year, I would not have believed them! This really blows!

What does it mean to "test out" the trigger? What are you testing and why?

You are so lucky to be in the TWW! I can't wait until I'm in my first post IUI TWW. Enjoy the excitement and hope!

What does it mean to "test out" the trigger? What are you testing and why?

You are so lucky to be in the TWW! I can't wait until I'm in my first post IUI TWW. Enjoy the excitement and hope!

The day before my iui, I have to give myself an hcg trigger shot which makes me ovulate 24-36 hours after the shot. This is how my RE times the iui. Since the trigger shot is the hcg hormone which is the same hormone as pregnancy, if you take a hpt, it will come up positive. I had read on other threads some women test out the trigger everyday until the hpt goes negative....this way when they test after a missed period, they will know if it's a true positive pregnancy test or not.

Hello Ladies,
Hope you are all holding up. Its not being easy during this 2WW. Mine is more than 2 weeks and I am still counting and praying. No :BFP: yet but I have hope and I am yet to miss my period. I want to ask does anyone have leg cramps. I am having this serious pain in my right more like more like muscle pains. I always have it some days to my period but it started after my first clomid and it didn't stop even after I stopped using it. Pls dpes anyone else have the pain.
:dust:

I've not had anything weird since my iui, 3 says ago...but I'm taking femara. I only had hot flashes with clomid

Hey ladies- I'm 4dpiui & 6dptrigger. I had my IUI on Wednesday and even though I did the trigger on Monday I do not think I ovulated until Thursday. I def had ov pains up until then and FF confirmed ov on Thursday as well. We BD Mon (trigger), Wed (IUI), and Thurs - which is when I think I ov. That's weird that it took so long from my trigger date to when I ov, right? It should be ok with the ov date, our BD and the IUI?

Hey ladies- I'm 4dpiui & 6dptrigger. I had my IUI on Wednesday and even though I did the trigger on Monday I do not think I ovulated until Thursday. I def had ov pains up until then and FF confirmed ov on Thursday as well. We BD Mon (trigger), Wed (IUI), and Thurs - which is when I think I ov. That's weird that it took so long from my trigger date to when I ov, right? It should be ok with the ov date, our BD and the IUI?

Hello Mrsjennyg...I see that you are taking crinone. I also I'm taking it, and was wondering if it is causing sore breats. Do you have this symptom? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->