October IUI Buddies

Hi everyone..

thankyou for your positive thoughts.

It cant be implantation spotting... isnt 12dpiui too late for implantation?

I didnt call the doc as the spotting happened yesterday evening. And it only happened once.

This morning i was super scared to go to the Loo in fear of AF arrival over night.

No spotting at all! so i POAS on a FRER with FMU this morning..... and up came a strong bfp... same color as the control line straight away... i am now 13dpiui

Could this be it ladies? my BFP? can it still be Pregnyl from 3 days ago?

my beta isnt until Monday...

i am in a state of limbo lol!

Sweet - I think this is your month. Sounds like a BFP! I'm so happy for you. Good luck on your beta appointment. Keep us updated.

I am 10dpiui today. I've had some really weird symptoms this cycle. Trying not to read too much into them. DH has banned hpt's at home. So we're waiting until my beta appointment on tuesday. The wait is driving me crazy. :wacko:

Hey ladies- just a little update...I've been reading but not posting much because I'm *trying* not to obsess :) I'm 10DP trigger, 8dpiui. Go in for bloodwork on 11/2! I have been wearing a panty liner because of the Crinone and yesterday, unless I was hallucinating, there was a little pink on there. Yesterday I starts to have little bursts of mild cramps and twinges so I'm hoping its a good sign. Almost how I feel before im going to ov but more towards the middle, not to one side. Ugh who knows!!

Sweet - woohoo for the bfp......did you do injectables? I can't remember :)

Jenny - fxed for you hun..

AFM - I go in tomorrow to see how my follies are....the gonal f hasn't been that bad. Thank goodness.

Hey ladies- just a little update...I've been reading but not posting much because I'm *trying* not to obsess :) I'm 10DP trigger, 8dpiui. Go in for bloodwork on 11/2! I have been wearing a panty liner because of the Crinone and yesterday, unless I was hallucinating, there was a little pink on there. Yesterday I starts to have little bursts of mild cramps and twinges so I'm hoping its a good sign. Almost how I feel before im going to ov but more towards the middle, not to one side. Ugh who knows!!

Praying along side you that its a BFP next week!

Sweet - woohoo for the bfp......did you do injectables? I can't remember :)

Jenny - fxed for you hun..

AFM - I go in tomorrow to see how my follies are....the gonal f hasn't been that bad. Thank goodness.

Good luck on your follie check!

Hello Ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats on all the BFPs. Sorry for all that AF showed.

AFM I just wanted to give an update. My doctor called today to let me know my results on my progestrone levels, and she said that they like to see them at .20, and my were .21. She also said that I did indeed ovulate, and that my body is capable of holding a pregnancy. So I will be in on Monday to take a blood test to see if we will be having our first baby. :winkwink:

How is eveyone else doing?

Mrs T. - thank you for the hug...I needed it.

Kbrain - when you did your first 2 IUI's with injectibles and femara, how many follies did you have?

karenh - g/l this cycle. Once af starts I will be right there with ya! Did you do femara last cycle? How many follies did you have?

Maks - my dr told me the same thing as Jennyg.....She made me buy the clearblue digital OPK kit.

well can any of you ladies who did a combo of femara with some sort of injectibles let me know how many follies you had during that cycle? I am asking around only because previously I have only ever had 1 follie with femara and now my dr is adding follistim but if my follicles only start growing one at the beginning of my cycle, then how will the follistim help to catch the smaller ones up?

HI Ttcbaby - your situation is actually very similar to mine. I also had a problem with developing a lead follicle. Essentially, when one follicle starts growing much faster then the rest, it will stunt the growth of other follicles who may be trying to catch up, since the lead follicle signals your body "hey we got one, we don't need any more for now". This is because your body naturally only aims for one follicle per month. When I did my two IUIs with Femara and injectibles it was because I had just come to my RE having done six month of Chlomid with no bfp, and he didn't think that Femara alone would give me enough "umph" and wanted to break out the big guns. First month I had 3 follicles that were mature, so that was a success (but bfn) but then the second month I only had one... he called this a wasted month since you get one follicle "for free from mother nature", so no use spending $500 of meds on it. Third month same thing, another wasted month with only one follicle, so we cancelled the IUI (and that was on ALL injectibles). To be honest, I think that injectibles did nothing for helping my lead follicle problem, and increasing the dosage as we did in the third month did not get us any better result. What got me my bfp was estrogen priming before Femara, something that my RE did not think was worth doing so I ended up freelancing it :winkwink:, while he was pushing me into IVF in a hurry. I took estrodial from day 21 the previous cycle (2 mg twice a day) to day 3 of the new cycle; then Femara day 3 to day 8. As much as he did not think this was gonna work, I'm pregnant now, and I also did extensive research on EP (estrogen priming); its used very successfully for IVF especially in patients with diminished ovarian reserve. Basically, it starts to hold back your follicles from developing a lead in the luteal phase of the previous cycle and at the very beginning of the current cycle, to allow you to grow multiple follicles that are close in size and therefore would not stunt each other's growth. Does that make sense? My ovulation that month was later than normal (which is also good as it makes for mature eggs) on CD 19 and also it was the STRONGEST I have ever seen it on an opk - it came up wayyyy before the control like and was almost black. We bded naturally, no IUI, since we did not have any male factor to begin with. Sorry for the long post, let me know if you have any questions. Also, my RE called me yesterday and admitted that he will try this protocol with another two of his IUI patients since it worked for me. I joked that he should name it after me. :haha: (But really..... he should:haha:).

Can you use Clomid instead of the Femara?

Sure you can, but I think that I responded better to Femara than Chlomid and it also doesn't thin out your lining like Chlomid does. Why don't you think you want to try Femara, just curious?

Hello kbrain,

My dh is not willing to do another IUI next cycle so I am thinking, is there any treatment I can try on my own.
Like this estrogen priming can I try it this cycle since I am day 30 of this cycle and AF hasn't showed up? Also I had six follicles last cycle 4 above 18, my Endo was 9.7mm at the last count before the procedure was that thin?. My dh had 90% mortality after the wash I don't know the count. So does that mean clomid was Obadiah should I still change to femera? I am asking because I see most people change to femera because it thinned out the Endo lining.

Ladies I would love advice from as much people as possible.
Thank you

Hi Damie - I'm sorry that you can't do another IUI cycle, but there are other things that you can try on your own. If you want to try estrogen priming, it's best start it about 7 days after you ovulate, since this is when your follicles for the next cycle really begin to "wake up". It won't hurt you to try it starting this cycle, but I'm just not sure how beneficial it can be. Also, I would take Femara and not Chlomid, especially since you would do the cycle unmonitored - there is less of a chance of having a lining which is too thin. Let me know if you have other questions, I'll do my best to answer them. Also, if you want I can send you some links of studies and articles about estrogen priming.

Thanks kbrain, I would start next cycle I guess this cycle is too late I would please like to have the days I would take the drugs.

Good for you dear, :thumbup: hope everything goes well and you get a :bfp: :hug:

hi ladies,

could someone explain what/how injectibles work? we did one natural IUI with bfn and last cycle we did clomid, but at cd12 my follicle was 33mm and I ovulated that day, doctor did IUI but I got bfn still, I am convinced this follicle was too "ripe" and too big, as the timing was otherwise pretty good.

I ovulate on my own, which is why I think the clomid made it grow so fast. I am hesitant to do more drugs this round, but really want to boost chances. All of this has really taken a toll on me and I just can't keep living like this!

What do you all do to stay happy/positive after month after month of disappointment?

Hi jmHansen11 -

On one hand injectibles are stronger than Chlomid, on the other the dosage is more easily controlled. It sounds like your follicles need to be held back a bit at the beginning, to keep them from overdeveloping too quickly. The fact that your ov date move up also is a sign that you were overstimulated too quickly - I believe that docs in general like to see later ovulation, rather than earlier. I would ask your RE about starting a cycle of birth control pills before trying another medicated cycle - this is used in IVF to better control the growth rate of the follicles. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but it seems to really work for a lot of people who have similar problems.

Thanks so much. I think I'm going to just go natural this cycle again. I've just been working through my ob-gyn because it's a lot more affordable than through a fertility clinic, but this also means less monitoring/personal attention so I really have to advocate for myself.

This month has been really trying, lots of "symptoms" i never had during LP before. My period was due sometime between SUnday-Tuesday and it never fully showed, had cramping and heavy brown discharge on Sunday, but it was gone monday then off and on tuesday-wednesday morning. Today it's pretty much dried up. It tested yesterday 17dpo and it was bfn. my temps have come down a bit, but still well over coverline, so i have no idea what is going on and when AF will arrive :growlmad: I've yet to see any full flow of red...

I know clomid can lengthen your cycle, but it also seems that it's because most women ovulate later, so it would make sense that their AF shows later, but in my case, I O'd early so figured AF would be early, or at least on time!

Hi everyone

I am 14dipiui today. Did another HPT with FRER this morning and got another strong positive. I think i am now convinced its no more the Pregnyl from 4 days ago... as i assumed it would get lighter as it leaves my body.

i am feeling nervous/excited. I didnt have too much hope this iui... being thati only grew one follicle that was only 17mm.

OMG.... no more spotting (just a tinge) beta is on Monday... (Sunday for most of you.. i am in Australia)

ttcbaby: yep.. Gonal F injectibles + ovidrel trigger + pregnyl for luteal support ( i have short luteal issues)

Congrats sweet lullaby!!! Let us know how your beta goes Monday :)

Hi everyone

I am 14dipiui today. Did another HPT with FRER this morning and got another strong positive. I think i am now convinced its no more the Pregnyl from 4 days ago... as i assumed it would get lighter as it leaves my body.

i am feeling nervous/excited. I didnt have too much hope this iui... being thati only grew one follicle that was only 17mm.

OMG.... no more spotting (just a tinge) beta is on Monday... (Sunday for most of you.. i am in Australia)

Whoo hoo! So exciting! I bet you'll get good news on Monday!

Hi everyone

Wow! This is the month for the 17mm follicles. I think Jen got a BFP from 17mm also. Congratulations!!!

Sweet -thanks that is awesome....how many IUI's have you done....woohoo this is so great:)

Hello Ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats on all the BFPs. Sorry for all that AF showed.

AFM I just wanted to give an update. My doctor called today to let me know my results on my progestrone levels, and she said that they like to see them at .20, and my were .21. She also said that I did indeed ovulate, and that my body is capable of holding a pregnancy. So I will be in on Monday to take a blood test to see if we will be having our first baby. :winkwink:

How is eveyone else doing?

All the best dearie, so happy for you. Hope youbget a :bfp:Praying with you.

Hi everyone

Wow! This is the month for the 17mm follicles. I think Jen got a BFP from 17mm also. Congratulations!!!

I had one 17mm follie when I was checked 2 days before IUI as well! I hope that's a lucky number! How's everyone feeling? I'm waiting to Skype with my sister who lives in Germany - I'm in Connecticut (USA). Technology is amazing!

So happy for you, Sweet Lullaby! Do share your secrets with us :) What was your protocol? Did you take any supplements? One IUI or 2? Sperm count? Yoga? Accupunture? Anything special about this month?

Good luck to the new ladies. I hope you get your BFPs the first time.

AFM, cd3 is tomorrow. We're going to start our 3rd round of IUI. Chlomid cd3-7, plus Gonal-F cd 5, 7, and 9. So, upping the FSH and starting it earlier. FX'd!

Keeping Faith: How did they determine that your body is capable of holding a pregnancy?

Sweet Lullaby: That is so exciting! Good luck waiting these last few days until your beta.

FirstTry: Good luck! I hope third time’s the charm for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->