Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/prenataltesting/biophysicalprofile.html

They do an ultrasound, look for movement, practice breathing and check your AFI. Then you lay down and do a NST. Where the baby's heartrate needs to accelerate when they move. I swear everytime I did the NST, Avery would sleep. So, then they give you juice to wake up the baby. If the profile didn't go well (Avery sometimes failed the NST part) then you repeat it later in the week. If things look crappy, they deliver you. After 32 weeks the baby is better out than in if you have problems.

Since I was on blood thinners due to my clotting problem (Low C protein)and high blood pressure, it's standard to do this after 32 weeks. All the ultrasounds were nice, but time consuming.

I had 2 bpp's a week! The last one I had was the one that resulted in me going to the hospital for observation and then having her a few days later.

I had 2 bpp's and a non stress test. I had one at my OB and then one at my GD doc.

A bio physical profile is a "point" system. Watches the baby, make sure they're practicing breathing, extending their limbs, and some other stuff. I think it was an 8 point system and you get a point for each one they do.

I wasn't shocked I had GD either. My mom, My dads mom and Moms mom, and my sister are diabetic.

Thank you both! I had to do one NST when I was 10 days overdue, and that took like 2 hours even though he was moving plenty. Neko - Can I ask how far along you were when she was born?

I had 2 a week as well with the stress test each time. I hit every category for GD. I have a family history of Diabetes, I was 34, I had some weight on me, and my grandfather was Native American(I was told HALF of all Indians get diabetes... crazy).

37+5 (by ultrasound) or 38+0 by lmp. She was a planned induction at 38 weeks. Good thing for me it was just before the end of the year. Tax Deduction!!

:rofl:

This is the first year I'm excited about doing our taxes.

I had Sophia when I was 37+3. Did you have a vaginal delivery?

I did! She came out pretty easily too. Just a little tear and a couple of stitches.

I had 2 a week as well with the stress test each time. I hit every category for GD. I have a family history of Diabetes, I was 34, I had some weight on me, and my grandfather was Native American(I was told HALF of all Indians get diabetes... crazy).

No shit? My Grandfather was half, his mom was full. Weird. I haven't ever heard that.

I'm making my OH some whoopie pies. :rofl: anyone ever make them?
I'm feeling much better. I told him I wasn't doing anything today. I might surprise him with the house clean and grocery shopping done when he gets off of work. Maybe. :haha:

I think Scott makes too much as a teacher to get the EIC.... can you believe that shit? Under 40k for three people.

At least he'll get the dependent and the child credit.

So they tell me... Native Americans have a huge predisposition for it.

What's a whoopie pie? Is that what you call your va jay jay?

Leaving work now. YAY for Friday's!

My Gymboree order shipped too. It's nice to see spring clothes when you're in the middle of winter. Gives me hope for warmer weather.

You ladies type too much! I spent all day packing and repacking and buying new suitcases and repacking again :rofl:. Ready for our adventure tomorrow! Yay :thumbup:

have a great time Lauki!!

Va jay jay - haha good word. I'm sure all of ours have been through the wars :haha:

Tried the 'wonderbib' today. Turns out not so wonderful after all

Debating on cleaning. What time is it where you are, Cat?

:rofl: I was wonddering the same thing MD! Hadn't heard of whoopie pie! I've heard of making whoopie, so it's a reasonable leap to think whoopie pie is her va jay jay! Thanks for the link clarification whit!

My maternal grandma had diabetes, so do both of my parents, overweight, over 25 (when did over 25 become a risk factor?! WTF? I was only 26 at the time!!!), I think that's all I had. No Indian in my familu.

I've been doing housework. We have my 2 y/o Godson's birthday party tomorrow and the 49ers football game on Sunday so I'm trying to surprise my husband with having most of the housework done so he'll be happy. Watch, it still wont work and it'll still be my fault somehow. Oh well, a girl can hope for a good weekend!

Lauki - Hope you have a GREAT TRIP!!!

I was reading a thread......... and now it's gone.....BUM BUM BUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Did you say something bad to get it closed MD??

Where are you going Lauki? Have a fab time :D

What's a wonderbib Cat, is it one of those bandana bib thingies?

Babies ruin va jay jays. Holly wrecked my lady parts so much, I once uncontrollably pissed on the floor :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->