Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

Well TBH I am getting married in May and I want to stop by then as I won't be able to BF on my wedding day. Also, I know its selfish but I just begin to feel I want my body back. I'm the only one who can get her to bed and it means I can never do anything in the evenings, my friends are starting to forget me as I can never do anything, and I want 6 months of having my body back before we TTC the next. I know these are selfish reasons but I know no-one will judge me in here. She has already had 7 months... I do feel guilty though :-(

:hugs:

If you stop BFing now, you would go onto bottles probably. They have the same soothing sleep effect as breastfeeding.

I wouldn't feel guilty. Not that many mothers even make it to 7 months. I think we got a week of trying due to excessive sleepiness from jaundice.

:hugs: Thanks hon. We are combi-feeding so she is happy with a bottle, I'm not sure if it will get her to sleep but I'm gonna have to give it a try sooner or later

My LO has the occasional bottle of EBM or formula, and she gets milk drunk and falls asleep on that! :thumbup:

I don't think they're that selfish. You have already been BF nearly 7 months, I think that's amazing :).

I think if I would've still lived at home (in the Netherlands) where I have all my friends etc that I would stop earlier too. Here I don't really have any friends yet (aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww). Just starting to make some mummy friends, but they're all in the same boat as me. So I'm not that bothered I can't go out at nights.

I don't think you should feel guilty as I think ultimately you have to be happy. If you want to go out with your friends sometimes, you should be able to. You shouldn't have to stay home every single night if it makes you unhappy :).

Sophie had a bottle the other day after she refused to nurse all day, so I wanted to see how much she'd take in. She fell asleep on it too for bedtime :).

Thanks you ladies I knew I was gonna love this thread!!! Its really refreshing and nice to know no-one will lynch me for this! :hugs: Maybe the bottle will do the trick then

Lauki, we are all your friends! Even though its just cyber. :hugs:

Sorry to be all gooey, I know we are meant to be offending each other :haha:

I think anyone who doesn't breastfeed until their child is 8 is selfish :haha: How's that? ;)

I think the only reason I get upset when someone stops BFing is if they do it because of mis-information or lack of support :flower: And even then, its not the person I'm feeling upset with, its society, lol. And to top that, off, its not really my business anyway :haha:

Awwwww thanks (very gooey ;))!

I'm sure your LO will be fine. You can slowly try to take LO off when drowsy and cuddle to sleep instead?

Ok ladies. I'm back in business (sort of)

So yesterday was the first annual Christmas dinner at my house. Started off great, food was cooking, everyone was happy yadayada.

Then my sister gets to not feeling well. Then my sister gets to puking her guts up. :dohh: So, while I'm cooking all I hear is "BARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRF" in the bathroom. So, then my dad gets upset because my BIL is talking about my sister puking noodles up. :dohh: right before we ate. :dohh:

so, hardly no one ate anything after I spent almost 150$ on the food that I made. I've got so much left over food.

And, Sophia has been coughing and sicky the last few days. Last night it got awful. I had to take her to the dr today and she just has a head cold, thankfully. But now I'm sick. So, lots of lysol in our house today.

ANYWAY..Something great came out of yesterday.

So, when I had Sophia I had to have an emergency c-section and be put to sleep..I didn't realize a nurse took my sisters camera (and my sister forgot!!!) and took pictures of Sophia right when she was born :cry: OH couldn't come in with me while I was having it since I was put to sleep, BUT :cry::cry: I have to share them with you ladies. These made me so extremely happy. I've been so upset this whole time that I missed her birth pretty much, and now I have these to hold on to. :hugs:

Sorry for being mushy. :cry:

Attachments

• 321.jpg
    321.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 231.jpg
    231.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 523.jpg
    523.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 4
aww, thats wonderful to get those pics!!!

Ick, sorry about your dinner.

Newborn pics are priceless. It's hard to remember what happened even without drugs. lol

Jessica, I pierced Sophia's ears a few hours after she was born. Do you think this is wrong??

:smug:

I just put LO down with a muslin in her hand, give her a kiss and walk out. I cant actually remember HOW I did it?! I always thought I would be the mother with the screaming baby and the baby that never slept and I would have to co-sleep forever etc...as Tabby had horrible gas problems right up to about 4 months which meant she was up 6+ times a night writhing and crying out sometimes in pain :( and then suddenly it resolved, virtually overnight and she started sleeping and self soothing from 20 weeks with no coaxing whatsoever. She went into her big cot and then a few days later I realised I was the one waking her so I left the nursery.

Whit. I am APPALLED! Every baby needs a nose piercing, ears are so last season.

Whit- My baby is doing my head in, shes 2 weeks old and SO BLOODY CLINGY, I have started her on baby rusk and hungry baby milk and she STILL wants me to feed her more than 5mls an hour. Omg, make it stop.

:rofl:.
Sophie was still waking every 2-4 hours since the 4 month sleep regression. She's become the lightest sleeper ever (seriously considering soundproofing her room). But when she woke last night at 10 pm I noticed it was really cold as I was shivering, so I gae her an extra blanket over her 2.5 tog sleeping bag (you can lynch me now) and after I cuddled her to sleep she slept till 3am, hd a feed and slept till 6am!

I know people say that 2.5tog should be enough, but she kept waking for no apparent reason. Let's hope it wasn't a fluke!

I alo let her sleep on her tummy and side, instead of her back where's she's so uncomfy. I'm aweful!

T has always been a side sleeper, she just doesn't like being flat on her back and sleeping on the side is much less of a SIDS risk than tummy (plus it preserved her beautiful shaped head lol!) I did though let her sleep on her tummy when she was confident in rolling both ways without struggling. So at 15 weeks I felt that if she wished to sleep on her tummy then I would let her as I couldn't spend the whole night turning her.

Babies lay still for long periods of time and laying still causes their bodies to drop in temperature. T sleeps at least 13 hour a night and she needs the room to be 19 degrees and she wears a long sleeved vest, a fleecy sleepsuit and a 2.5tog sleeping bag. Snug as a bug! I cant use a blanket though as it always ends up over her head as she wriggles in the night.

Yea Sophie is completely confident rolling both sides. I put her to sleep on her side but she always rolls onto her tummy. Before she could roll I'd always put her on her back, now she refuses to sleep on her back :).

Maybe it's time for a fleecy sleepsuit here too. It's 17-18 degrees and she wears a cotton sleepsuit and pyjama top under her sleeping bag. I put her at the bottom of the cot with the blanket. She's normally in one spot when she's asleep until she starts to wake up. Then she crawls to the other side and leaves the blanket where it is. It's one I made myself (crochet) anyway, with big holes for her to breathe through.

I also love my babies beautiful and perfect round head :haha:. It's stayed like that regardless of 4 months of back sleeping (she'd always sleep with her head turned to the side).

Whit - that is so beautiful!!! :happydance: That is lovely for you

Who had drugs during labour? I am highly offended, didn't you know that the IN way is to just tough it out without making any noise?

On a separate note - aargh, teething!!!!!!!! I am F-ing knackered LO kept waking all night. Horrendous.

I know what you mean re the 2.5 tog, I always think it seems quite thin. LO has a vest, babygro, 2.5 tog and a cellular blanket - sometimes 2, as I am sure she sometimes wakes as she is cold.

Sorry, I just realised I type as I think - a right jumble :dohh:

But these teething nights are a killer :coffee:

Indeed, drugs are for whimps!

I only used half the hospitals supply of Gas and Air and had my epidural filled up twice before going into theatre for a C-section which meant another huge dose of epidural so I couldn't feel any pain below my neck.

Teething sucks :(. No teeth here yet, but had a few nights with screaming and gnawing and chewing and drooling and all the works.

Going with the blanket again tonight! Surely a nearly 6 month old doesn't need to wake for 4 feeds in the night :haha:.

Just running off now as my LO is about to climb in the blinds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->