Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

OH isn't very helpful :-( we have argued about it a bit, then he improves for a week or so. I think some men just don't get it

I thought your llama was saying something else pithy. oh well

:haha: at Neko being bad at work. I just googled 'llama wearing sexy underwear'. Sadly, the search yielded nothing of interest.

I remember that OH helping thread. I don't have a lot of choice, he isn't here :D When he is here, I still do it all. He has offered me a lie in - on the times he couldn't sleep :haha: He does the washing up and bottles when he's here, that's enough for me, they're my 2 most hated jobs.

Yes, Holly still has bottles at 13 months old. I'm the baddest mum there is :coolio:

Whit, I don't know why, but men have a harder time seeing others needs. I take care of things my husband needs without even asking. If he's stick or tired I take care of things and let him rest, make sure he has nice meals, etc. But he doesn't do the same for me unless explicitly asked.

Mine is like this...most of the time... He does have his moments though. If asked though he usually doesn't have a problem. Just doesn't anticipate like I try to do with him.

I give it a couple of hours before it's shut down. I can't actually be bothered to comment properly on it, am just enjoying the drama :D

Is it me but in the Declaration thread does there appear to be a lot contradictions?

I do believe most of us are raising potential psychopaths according to that thread....oh well...it should help with the problem of over population of the planet anyway!

Sapphire, Avery still has a bottle. With formula in it. She's a crappy eater. :blush:

My future psychopath is taking a nap. I think I need to go and wake her up. I can't let her nap too late.

Can I ask you ladies for your honest opinion on this....I can't decide whether I am overreacting or not so need honest opinions on what you would do in this situation...

Joshua started school nursery 2 weeks ago and so far I have been spoken to about the following:-

1. On the second day, the Teacher commented that he was quite disruptive and needed to calm down
2. On the third day, he had PE. The Teacher commented that he couldn't undress himself (They are expected to change into their PE Kit & back again without any form of help) & can I try and get him to do this for PE next week.
3. On the fourth day, Joshua goes to a Private Nursery one morning a week & then School Nursery on the Afternoon. DH picked Joshua up - no comments were made. Although he overheard the Teacher saying to a colleague "That kid needs constant attention" but at that point assumed it was another kid
4. Fifth day, I pick Joshua up & Teacher took me to one side and asked "Did he really need to go to Puzzles (Private Nursery) on the Wednesday since I don't work as Joshua was very disruptive & wouldn't listen" After explaining, actually I'm on Mat Leave so will be returning to work in the next few weeks....
5. After a couple of days of no comments, Joshua came home yesterday and said he had been told off because he was naughty (& was quite upset) but wouldn't say what he had done. But none of the staff mentioned it? DH picked Joshua up today and asked the Teacher how was he settling in and asked if there was a problem (referring to the telling off), her response "Well not as such" Apparently, because he can't dress/undress himself, he's a bit boistrious (sp?), runs everywhere & doesn't share things and that he needs constant attention (which makes me think the comment the other day was about him) that there is a 'problem' with him. I fail to see how he needs constant attention though...

Now, I know Joshua is a bit of a livewire, he has energy all the time but would you say they were 'problems' as such?

I have spoke to the private nursery and they said that they have never had any problems with his behaviour, yes he does get a bit excited sometimes but nothing unusual for a 3 year old.

I'm currently trying to decide whether to take him out of this nursery and put him in the private one instead as I will still get the 15 free hours but this won't be until April (funding has already been paid to school nursery for this term)

Quite a few parents have said that they dislike the nursery teacher.

What do you think? or what would you do?

lindsey- No, your child does not have ADHD. He is a normal lad! Some kids are just more energetic than others. He will most likely become an energetic, fit, interesting, well travelled adult! Who wants a placid child anyway!

I think he's three and she needs to find another job if she doesn't like being around toddlers.

I might think about taking him out of there because she seems to be getting aggravated with him for being a 3 year old boy and means she probably isn't very nice to them.

When Colin was in preschool, 3 year old class, he clashed horribly with his teacher. It started the second week and continued throughout the entire year. She suggested I see a developmental pediatrician. Who actually refused to see me as over the phone there didn't appear to be a problem.

If the teacher is starting off like this, it's not going to get better. The first month is an adjustment period, how can she expect he act perfectly when he just started? 3 year old boys are boisterous, it's normal.

How difficult would it be to switch him out? I wouldn't recommend making you both miserable for a few months.

lindsey- No, your child does not have ADHD. He is a normal lad! Some kids are just more energetic than others. He will most likely become an energetic, fit, interesting, well travelled adult! Who wants a placid child anyway!

When she was speaking to DH, he just stood there and went "Ermm he's a 3 year old boy :shrug:"

I'm beginning to think she is making a mountain out of a molehill....

Bit in bold - god knows who'll get it from....

haha!

I cannot believe I have missed that entire thread on 'declaration of rights' in BC! I am skim reading.

How difficult would it be to switch him out? I wouldn't recommend making you both miserable for a few months.

Not too difficult but would have to wait until April. The School get funding from the Local Authority which is paid per term, the next term starts in April so for him to start at the other Nursery it would have to be then so they get the funding instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->