Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

Ugh. I don't like that stuff.

I don't like a lot of English things as I'm really from the Netherlands. Just moved here 3 years ago.

I just love my cuppa (tea) though!

Amsterdam is cool :)!

I've been to Miami once. And I hated it ;)!

:rofl: never been to Miami. I think I've been more places in Europe than I have the US. :haha:

Hehe I'd just been to Costa Rica before that for nearly a month. It was so laid back and relaxed and white beaches with palm trees an blue seas and all the works. Then we went to Miami for a few days. And MY GOD that was a culture shock.

People were SO in our face, they wouldn't leave me alone. I really don't like that 'In your face' behaviour some people have.

awee soph is adorable, we use the sleepers with the big legs too.. Ava has chunka thighs my god.

Oh ive been to Miami.. I don't like it there at all!! We only stayed one night too for my nieces cheerleading competition. :rofl: I form opinions quite quickly LOL

We call that photo- Jello... hahahaha Jelly is Jam here... And pudding is all together different...

Cuppa... hahaha had to learn that one too....

one I havent learned.. is "tea time"? Lunch? or nap... or what... or is it simply just having a cup of tea? !?!!

I hate that one.
Dinner is at lunch time
Tea is at dinner time :)haha:) so your evening meal.

So if someone in the UK asks what you want for tea then they mean a hot meal. Not a cuppa, which is a cup of tea!

Confusing right?

Pudding is just dessert, unless it's a Yorkshire Pudding. Then it's not!

Hey it's not my country! I had to ask my husband ;).
I do prefer the word nappies over diapers though!

omg that is sooo confusing.. why not just .. breakfast lunch supper... we like to simplify LOL :rofl:

Nappies- I hate that word... I say to Ava lets take a nappy... hahahah i couldnt imagine if she was european... she would be like lets take a diaper wtf.. mother..

We have rediclous words too I just can't think of them off the top of my head.. for a soother... binky is one that is used alot- don't like that name either hahahah...

Isnt pants over there.. called trousers? or knickers? hahahaha here they are just pants. LOL or bottoms.. hahahahahah

Glad i can finally talk about this shit.. my god.. i knew i could not makea thread about it... as that is offensive..but being clueless sucks!

shit im offensive :rofl:

hahahahahahaha!!!!! Depends where you live in UK!!! Dinner can be either lunch or evening meal. Tea is always evening meal, but also a drink depending on the context!!

omg that is sooo confusing.. why not just .. breakfast lunch supper... we like to simplify LOL :rofl:

Nappies- I hate that word... I say to Ava lets take a nappy... hahahah i couldnt imagine if she was european... she would be like lets take a diaper wtf.. mother..

We have rediclous words too I just can't think of them off the top of my head.. for a soother... binky is one that is used alot- don't like that name either hahahah...

Isnt pants over there.. called trousers? or knickers? hahahaha here they are just pants. LOL or bottoms.. hahahahahah

Glad i can finally talk about this shit.. my god.. i knew i could not makea thread about it... as that is offensive..

shit im offensive :rofl:

:haha: Pants are called trousers, you are right. Pants here are underwear. We are crazy. Ha, ask all your offensive questions here.

What is a hoochie mama?

I say 'supper' for tea, but then again, I'm a posh Cambs girl!

I always thought a 'hoochi mamma' was a MILF

Pants are massive granny underwear!

Do you know what is REALLY rude? Telling someone that you don't care what they do with their child but just because their baby is huge doesn't mean it needs to eat rusks (whatever the fuck those are) at 8 weeks. SO RUDE OF ME.

What does "stick your oar in?" Mean? :haha:

I say 'supper' for tea, but then again, I'm a posh Cambs girl!

I always thought a 'hoochi mamma' was a MILF

Pants are massive granny underwear!

Well la-di-da!!! :haha: :winkwink:

Lol I am highly offended, I like my Bridget Jones pants

Do you know what is REALLY rude? Telling someone that you don't care what they do with their child but just because their baby is huge doesn't mean it needs to eat rusks (whatever the fuck those are) at 8 weeks. SO RUDE OF ME.

What does "stick your oar in?" Mean? :haha:

It means interfere, get involved in something that isn't really your business, same as stick your nose in

Whit- means sticking your nose in, interfering. Ive been reading that thread, made me angry. So much good advice and she's ignoring it all hoping someone condones what she is doing!

:rofl:

Pants to me are like, the things you put on your bottom half that cover your whole leg. Whether the be jeans, slacks, sleep pants, ect. :haha:

and I love a cuppa! ;)

What are 'slacks'?

I hate big pants. Never wearing them again. Had to for 10 weeks whilst my episiotomy healed. Wore a thong once during those 10 weeks but had to take them off and go commando as they kept cutting into my wound (gross) hehe

I'm currently drinking port (feeling festive) and just finished watching 'come dine'. should really go to bed. I have the horrendous task of packing for Xmas (we are going to parents for 1.5 weeks) and the amount of crap that I now have to take now I have a baby. Unbelievable! I've always been a light packer, now I'm dragging multiple suitcases for any excursion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->