Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

whit - he wont take a bottle - hasn't since he was 2 or 3 months old, refuses them. He's not skilled enough with a sippy cup. I just think he should be eating something at almost 8 months.

Lindsey - is the husband wanting a snip a good thing or a bad thing?

Mmmmm I LOVE quiche!!!!!

Spunky, if AF hasn't returned yet you might find that once James takes more solids it will...doesn't hurt to talk to a Dr about his eating though... mind you, all men love breasts!! :winkwink:

We want at least one more kid at some point, have never discussed what to do about protection after we don't want anymore

I'm having a rough day today.

I'm having a hard time dealing with the shit with my mom. :nope: I don't know why I let her bother me so much. She's been at my sisters house since Friday. She posted a status on facebook last night about being there. I replied; "Oh nice. Maybe one day you can make time to spend with your other daughter and other grandchild." She deleted it. My sister text me earlier defending her and said that she's going through some health issues right now and she just found out about them.

Just don't know what to think. Then OH came home for lunch and wasn't very consoling. Feel like I have no one. Bahhh.

/rant

whit - he wont take a bottle - hasn't since he was 2 or 3 months old, refuses them. He's not skilled enough with a sippy cup. I just think he should be eating something at almost 8 months.

Ahh, well I hope you guys can get something figured out <3

Thanks ladies. I should be used to her not being in my life, but it hurts me for Sophia. :nope:

:hugs:

I'm having a rough day today.

I'm having a hard time dealing with the shit with my mom. :nope: I don't know why I let her bother me so much. She's been at my sisters house since Friday. She posted a status on facebook last night about being there. I replied; "Oh nice. Maybe one day you can make time to spend with your other daughter and other grandchild." She deleted it. My sister text me earlier defending her and said that she's going through some health issues right now and she just found out about them.

Just don't know what to think. Then OH came home for lunch and wasn't very consoling. Feel like I have no one. Bahhh.

/rant

If she found out about some health issues then why wouldn't she tell all of her children?

Your mother needs to stop being so obvious. It's pissing ME off.

Lindsey - is the husband wanting a snip a good thing or a bad thing?

Not sure tbh, have no plans for a third, but don't want it to be definate iykwim? I don't like the idea of having no more kids at 26 yrs old.

Spunky- I didn't realise you were having issues with James eating. I must have missed a few pages. Has he never eaten? When did you start weaning? We are currently having the opposite battle with Tabby to take milk, she's always been a shit milk drinker.

Whit- sorry you are having a hard time :hugs:

:baby:Pregnancy pact would be fun :) B&B has been the biggest support I have had, next to my husband. I would be devastated if the site went down!

mmmmm, quiche! Yum!! I made some more bread earlier and had goats cheese, sweet red onion relish and pastrami ham on it. mmm.

Yo bitches. On our way home, been a loooong day. Maria got baby reins for her birthday present cos she kept trying to run away in the shopping centre :rofl: she loved the soft play, it was a huge adventure playground and soft play and bouncy castles. Great fun"!

Whit :hugs:

Thank you jess for the heads up!!!

\SPunk--James seems like a boobie man for sure. He wants nothing but boobes:rofl: I hope he starts eating something...can you mix BM into the foods he eats? incase it is the taste he doesn't like?

It does sound like its texxture though.. I have majorely gagging children too!!! :hugs:

Nat- Glad Maria had fun.. ughh her birthday reminds me Ava's is REAL soon!!! eeek..

Right bitches - I GET PREGNANT FIRST COS I'VE BEEN TTC SINCE JUNE, SO IT'S THE LAW AND THERE'S A QUEUE :haha:

Spunky, have you considered baby led weaning? They do get over the choking/puking thing. Holly is TW but she's on a food strike ATM and much prefers finger foods.

A side note to anyone considering vasectomy - think very carefully before you take the plunge. With DH and I it was different because he's been married before and did it when he was still with his ex, but I know a fair few people whose husbands have had the snip and have immediately regretted it. There was a thread a while ago where a woman's hubby was considering it, and I tried to warn her against it. Sadly he went through with it, and now she's popped up on a thread I'm on as they want to get it reversed. Reversals are expensive, painful, non-permanant, pregnancies after a VR have a higher risk of MC and the VR doesn't always work anyway. Phew, that was a bit of a spiel :haha: I just like to make sure people know what they're getting into before doing something as drastic as a vasectomy.

Lindsey - I know what you mean about doing something so definite! That's why I think I'm going to do what my SIL did - the IUD for 3-5 years, then when it;s ready to come out have hubby get a V, that gives us 3-5 years to make sure that's the right decision.

Jessica - We first gave him some food when he was 6 months. He watched us eat a lot and put everything in his mouth, so we thought he was ready. It was forced feeding. We did get some in him though as I saw some proof in his diaper. I thought since he would get mad and turn his head and gag that we would give him a week and try again, well we all got a cold and didn't want to mess with food. So we tried again another week later, still wasn't interested, tried again the next week. Now we've been trying different foods I've pureed daily for almost 2 weeks I think. I've put BM in it, no BM, different times a day, different foods, not hungry, hungry. He doesn't want to eat it off a spoon. So I put it on his high chair. He just plays with it, wont eat it. He puts all objects in his mouth, but not food, except for toast (which I think he thinks is just an object). When he chewed the toast and swallowed it he threw it up along with milk. He SMELLED like throw up. When we put some finely chopped chicken in his mouth he gagged until he threw up. I ahven't seen any food in his diaper either since 6 months, so I really don't think he's getting anything in him. My husband thinks he is eating some. BUT I know he doesn't even get 1 ounce of food in him a day. He just GAGS all the time at it. Wont take a bottle. Plays with a sippy cup, but doesn't really drink much of that either. He's gained over a pound in the last month with breastfeeding, so he's thriving, but now eating.

DB - tried mixing in BM

Saph - I'm thinking I'm just going to go buy a bunch of food (finger foods included - the soft kind) and see if he'll eat ANY of it.
My dad had V with his first family, got divorced, married my mom, got a VR and had my brother and I.

Children are so bloody awkward. lol!

I am looking forward to saying "lets try for a baby" and then having fun trying :) I know it sounds mad, but I actually want to get my period for a couple of months. I want the disappointment of having a period and then the excitement of the following months of testing and then getting that BFP and being "yay!!!" (I know it gets exhausting and depressing though when many months have passed)
My last 'try for a baby' was strangely disappointing. We mulled over the idea of trying, husband was due away most of the month with work, we had sex once 'properly' and then decided that it would be the wrong month to conceive in (beer festival at the end of it...yes, we were THAT ridiculous) and husband went back to Canada for work...once he got home, I moaned that my period was very late and that I definitely wasn't pregnant because I had tested (6 times over several days) and they were negative and plus we had only had sex once. Even went to the doctors who booked me for a blood test and the day of the blood test I did a pregnancy test and yeah....a BFP. It was exciting...but it wasnt what I had imagined. I actually sulked because I had read up SO much on conceiving and tracking temperatures and cervical mucous etc..lol!!

:hugs: Whit, you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your relatives.

Spunky, Avery is a crap eater. Some children just aren't into food. It took her until 8 months to really eat anything. She still eats mostly purees. With table foods she chews them and then spits it back out. She does't swallow! :haha:

Nat, I hope she gets something else for her birthday. Is she like Avery and won't hold hands while walking?

Spunky- hmmmm! I guess babies just do everything when they are ready. Would late weaning be detrimental in any way?

:rofl:

I use these.

https://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&biw=1360&bih=610&tbm=isch&tbnid=vSibrE6BXgk3DM:&imgrefurl=https://theleftsinkhandle.blogspot.com/2011/08/condoms-and-gluesticks.html&docid=THWU2yX1EhTuTM&imgurl=https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0_LppEfKR7s/Tjq8M9KSC1I/AAAAAAAAArg/E1au3rPuBWE/s400/condoms.jpg&w=219&h=211&ei=RQcoT8CTApLE2QXftOTnAg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=655&vpy=321&dur=989&hovh=168&hovw=175&tx=105&ty=107&sig=107231959961326010740&page=1&tbnh=114&tbnw=119&start=0&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:0

I don't know how to sew. Can you take those in? :haha:

No more babies here. I really should use some birth control though.

Eating is probably one of those "when they are" ready things too. They don't all walk and talk the same, it's probably silly to think they all eat the same.

Sophia was eating her food really well until the last week or so. She spits everything out or gags on it.

Thinking of getting some finger foods for her to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->