Official Jon & Kate Plus 8 thread :)

I just feel really sad..especially watching kate. I feel really bad for her. He seems like he doesn't really give a crap. It was really sad when he said ' I have to do what's best for myself and the kids' and I just felt sad thinking what about Kate. Just sad when a marriage can just end like that.

It was sad when he said "I don't hate Kate, but.." you know the words were "I don't love her".. but he didn't say it. So sad. I really do feel for her too because I think she still loves him & wishes they would work it out, and I think she'd try harder if she had a chance now not to be so I guess "mean" to him..

But really, if I had 8 kids.. I think I'd act the same way sometimes.. it'd be soo stressful.

My mum was saying the paparazzi are their own fault, but how come the Duggars (18 kids & counting) or the people on Table for 12 don't deal with that? Or Little People Big World? They all have their own shows.. weekly shows.. IDK. I don't think it's 100% their fault.

I'm over it.

We all saw this one coming.

Honestly, I'm not going to side with either one of them, and I'm sure it's stressful raising 8 kids, BUT...... I wonder if she watches any of the shows, and realizes how mean she sounds when she talks to him?! I'm not blaming her, but I really think that has a lot to do with the divorce.

Oh you know it does, especially since he brought that up in the episode. He was talking about how he let her walk over him in the past but hes standing up for himself now.

Its really sad.:(

They have filed for divource.

the kids will stay in the house and John and Kate will switch off living there

https://perezhilton.com/2009-06-22-its-official-jon-kate-plus-divorce

There's the Perez link!

Does anyone think Jon may be having a bit of a midlife crisis? With the gelled spiky hair and the black t-shirt and earrings, the Chopper.. sports car..

I'm over it.

We all saw this one coming.

Honestly, I'm not going to side with either one of them, and I'm sure it's stressful raising 8 kids, BUT...... I wonder if she watches any of the shows, and realizes how mean she sounds when she talks to him?! I'm not blaming her, but I really think that has a lot to do with the divorce.

You have to remember, though, that when a tv show is put together, they purposely take out parts to maintain a certain view on a "character" Jon knew she was like that when he married her-but he changed and realized he didn't want to be treated that way anymore-that's fine, that is life-to change-which is why soo many young relationships/marriages do not work, because in order for a relationship to work, you must change together. They are in different places, and want different things, which is fine-they are only human!:)

There's the Perez link!

Does anyone think Jon may be having a bit of a midlife crisis? With the gelled spiky hair and the black t-shirt and earrings, the Chopper.. sports car..

Well, they did get married early, so perhaps this is the reason! they were 22 when they married, so still quite young, I think it is possible they rushed into things too quickly-I didn't watch the beginning of their series, so I have no idea what their story is, but I think to have made it 10 years together, is great! I think they have had their great memories together. So, even though, yes, he has a responsibility to the kids, which you can tell he cares about, I think what he is going through is normal! This is a new "chapter" for him, so I am sure he will find himself enjoying his new freedom a lot more...

I think that they might end up back together in a few years-maybe wishful thinking, for that fairytale ending, but they will always be in each others lives, so that option will always be there!

i was really hoping it was going to be a different announcement. not one that the entire world was expecting. :(

i missed the show, as usual. will try and find it on youtube.

and kari is right - TLC edits. They don't show everything, the purposely sit there and put parts of kate being bossy on the show. and honestly, he decided to be with someone who is completely anal. he should expect stuff like that when he isn't doing it to her standards. no i'm not justifying what she says to him, but like, come on.

i also think the show should be cancelled. it's not jon and kate plus 8 anymore. i think maybe go back to the original, a yearly show to tell us how the kids are. but people tuned in because of the FAMILY aspect. and now that they've split, i think they should just give up the show. but kate is money hungry so you know that won't happen without a fight!

Poor kids :( I honestly worry about how they're going to end up..

Jon seems to be immature and a bit selfish ATM

Kate is a control freak and anal about everything..

Mady & Cara can read, I wonder what they think of the tabloids if they're ever in the supermarket.. or what the're going through, like the kids at school must know from parents talking about it and stuff..

Oh, I can picture Mady telling people off! Miss attitude! haha! I think those girls are honestly quite mature for their age, and I think they'll handle it much better than anyone could have expected.

I think they're going to hvae a lot of problems with all 8 kids, that's a huge adjustment! :(

There's the Perez link!

That is EXACTLY what my sister and I were talking about and I agree completely. Did anybody hear him say "I"m only 32 years old" several times? I also think he has an identity crisis.

Regardless of who changed, I think Jon simply gave up, and that's what makes me sad. Kate would've tried to make it work.

I feel for the kids :(

Jon is 32 years old with 8 children... something he NEVER expected to have. I think that together, while it's still extremely hard and new for them, they are actually handling it all quite well. My mom's boyfriend and his wife have court orders against eachother and can't even be within a certain amount of feet without her attacking him, yet they (Jon and Kate) are continuing holidays and special events as a familiy, which really says something about their love for their children.

Breaking up is hard to do.. I can't even imagine ending a ten year marriage with 8 children. It's a tough situation and they both have been emotionally drained from the tabloids.

I just read on People that Kate initiated the divorce :shock: :shock:

"Over the course of this weekend, Jon's activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children," Kate said in a statement Monday night. "While there are reasons why it was appropriate and necessary for me to initiate this proceeding, I do not wish to discuss those reasons at this time, in the hope that all issues will be resolved amicably between Jon and myself. As always, my first priority remains our children."

There is a special encore episode this evening, just heard it announced.

I think they should continue the show, it is a family show that is based on reality. Reality is, families these days split up and get divorced. If they cancel the show it is just going to show that they were doing it for themselves, and not the kids. They said time and time again "we did this for our children, so we can document their lives", why would it stop just because their relationship & marriage is over... the kids lives are not over...

I think Jon has completely given up and didnt want it to work, he is being very immature about all of this. He is a father of 8 children, whether that is what he imagined having or not, he does, and needs to step up and act like it. Yea, you're only 32, but you have a family to care for, and be there for whether you want to or not. I feel really sorry for Kate and those children.

I really hope the show isn't cancelled!! :(

^ they already said last night, that the show will not be cancelled, just that they will not be together in the show anymore :( It breaks my heart-I actually cried last night when they announced the split :cry: They are only human though, and they will have to make the best of it...

^ they already said last night, that the show will not be cancelled, just that they will not be together in the show anymore :( It breaks my heart-I actually cried last night when they announced the split :cry: They are only human though, and they will have to make the best of it...

I as well cried!! DH was like, "we all knew this was coming"! Jon is acting very immature about all of this

he probably brought his girlfriend around or something.....

Didn't surprise me at all! Right after the episode I told OH that it seems as tho Jon is going through a midlife crisis! It really bothers me how he says he was so young when they had their kids, bla bla bla...well you were the one that went to fertility treatments..it's not like you fell pregnant by accident...own up and be a man and father to your kids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->