Oh no no no.

kates84

Mum to one
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just got a very very faint positive on a pregnancy test.

I only took it because I'd been feeling weird.

The problem is I was bleeding until last Friday (I've had on and off spotting for over 4 months now, probably caused by coming off depo 8 months ago)

I didn't even think I was ovulating - didn't have a positive OPK and with the bleeding, I assumed I couldn't get pregnant.

I do of course want to be but I'm terrified now. Does anybody know if the fact I was bleeding means I definitely will lose the baby if this test is right?

I'm not completely convinced it's a real positive and will do another tomorrow to check but I really just need to hear opinions.

Sorry I can't post a pic - don't have the right sort of camera :-(

Oh my god huni :) I dont think it would be a false positive huni, i would suggest you take another test in the morning. Remember people bleed/and have periods and can stil be pregnant.
Good luk to you and all the best. Update us
xx

When I was preg with my daughter I spotted for a bout 1 week before I took a test. I thought my period was just being wierd- not that I was in fact preg.

Don't stress it. Just make an appointment with your OB to verify.

I hear that bleeding throughout the 1st trimester is normal for some women but of course they recomend you see a doctor to have them make sure all is fine.... Also congrats i hope it wasnt a false positive and that you will have a healthy pregnancy! Keep us updated!!!

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate it.

I'm not convinced to be honest - I don't even think I ovulated - but I will retest in the morning and let you all know.

you can still have normal bleeding/period and be pregnant! gl!

Good luck Kate, really hope this is it for you :thumbup:

aw i hope its a real positive for you!
as friend of mine bled almost the entirity of her last pregnancy, and she went on to be 2 weeks over due and had ahealthy little boy. xx

Aw thank you so much ladies. I'm trying very very hard to not get my hopes up - reminding myself that I don't think I ovulated etc and that even if it is positive, it may result in a chemical. Can't help feeling a tiny bit excited now though - I was absolutely panicking before but you've all calmed me down thank you so much xx

I hope this is your BFP! I would go to the doctor honestly so they can do some blood work and that will really tell you if you are pregnant and then they can get you started on things and check you out and see if it's all kosher with baby and everything!! I'm soo stalking you! LOL I'm hormonal what can I say.LOL

Thanks darling. I'll let you all know tomorrow. God, I feel like I'll be letting you all down now if it's a no.

Funnily enough, my doctors secretary just rang - they have my blood work (from my thyroid tests) back and want me in tomorrow morning - so I'll discuss it when I'm there if I get another faint bfp tomorrow x

Hi ladies,

Well I got another super faint line - but I'm talking *really* faint.

I think it's just a fluke to be honest, I'm pretty sure now that I'm not pregnant.

It was lovely to just think there was a possibility for a bit though.

Thank you all so much xxx

Are you on any hormonal drugs now? I think I read somewhere some can give you a false positive. I think it's pretty much the only false positive scenario, aside from evap lines and test being expired.

I'm not on any drugs at all besides evening primrose oil.

I don't know why but I just feel as though the tests are wrong - and the lines are ridiculously faint - can't even see them on a photo.

I think I'll just ask my doctor to take bloods when I go in today to be on the safe side but I'm really doubtful. Thank you so much x

Two positives sounds rather positive to me. Good luck..you might be very early to test, my first ones didn't show Up on a camera either...:)

Good luck with the blood test today. I really hope this is it for you. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"