OH performance anxiety - 6 BFPs so far!!!!

Not this far ahead. As ov approaches I do start to get tense though - especially if OH is tired or ill. I just dread the "not tonight, can I have a rain check" response :(

does oh have the same probs as my oh if you dont mind me asking

No - except for one time 2 cycles ago. I was drawn to this thread because he has a low sex drive. Before TTC we weren't even DTD once a month.

I go through some of the same frustrations when I see people recommending SMEP or doing it every other day for the whole cycle. I would love to try that, but realistically it would introduce a whole element of pressure. Instead I got my CBFM and am giving it my best shot to try and DTD twice in the high/peak window. If I continue to struggle (I think I'm on cycle 4 or 5) we will need a heart to heart about how he needs to be more forthcoming when it is the right time.

I don't want to push too hard though, because we are TTC earlier than he perhaps would have wanted (i.e. before marriage). I had to explain that I wasn't getting any younger.....

37 - will be 38 in September.

My mum had me when she was 36, so I was okay until then, but somehow once I got past that number it really hit me. :wacko:

me too im 39 so im really worried ive left it too late well dtd last night so thats brill just need to somehow do it again tonight
hell it took some doing last night cant wait for the tww so i aint gotta do it anymore lol

Sorry to hear that Kelly ((HUGS)) Fingers crossed over the next couple of days......

CD6 for me, and just started this cycle of POAS.

Is this the first time you're using OPKs? This is first time for me, CD10 and no sign! Not surprised tho, cos suspect I ovulate later on.

Kelly, it's going fine, I am not sure if the line is getting darker or not or if I am imagining it. It is visible but very light. I am starting to worry it will not get darker at all and I'll discover I'm not ovulating :nope:

me too im 39 so im really worried ive left it too late well dtd last night so thats brill just need to somehow do it again tonight
hell it took some doing last night cant wait for the tww so i aint gotta do it anymore lol

:thumbup:Glad you had a successful attempt!!!! We started this month well, but of course, nowhere near ovulation time!

You sounded so sad yesterday, I know exactly how it feels, have been there loads of times over the past 9 months..............

Is this the first time you're using OPKs? This is first time for me, CD10 and no sign! Not surprised tho, cos suspect I ovulate later on.

Kelly, it's going fine, I am not sure if the line is getting darker or not or if I am imagining it. It is visible but very light. I am starting to worry it will not get darker at all and I'll discover I'm not ovulating :nope:
I use the CBFM, but I guess the sticks are similar as OPKs. I had first cycle using it last month, this is my second. If I am correct you should have one dark line early in your cycle, then as ovulation is about to happen it fades away and a second line shows up when you ovulate. The first line then gets stronger again and the second vanishes.

I'm not exactly the most experienced person around here though :shrug: so it would be worth checking against other folks photos. There's loads around :)

I also keep my old sticks and mark day and CBFM result on them. I know I should trust the monitor, but I'm a control freak :winkwink: They are definitely easier to "read" when you can compare them to eachother.

you get the control line and with alot of people they is always a very light line every single day remenber not to use fmu it will get darker sara for sure try not to worry this is strange for me to be this early lots of ladies on another thread dont ov till day 19, 20 get some pics and post on here we can help you tell if there positive or not

afm was very sad yesterday but must remenber not to let it get me down as if oh sees that he wont be able to dtd at all as he feels pressure us ladies have to be so strong sometimes hugs to you makes me feel better talking to you guys as know you understand

I use the CBFM, but I guess the sticks are similar as OPKs. I had first cycle using it last month, this is my second. If I am correct you should have one dark line early in your cycle, then as ovulation is about to happen it fades away and a second line shows up when you ovulate. The first line then gets stronger again and the second vanishes.
Nope, I wasn't correct, LOL. I've been looking at piccies and OPKs do work a little differently to CBFM. Please ignore me! :dohh:

i wouldnt have a clue how to use a cbfm are they easy to use

Yep, I would say it is easy to use - you press a button when it is CD1, and then the monitor tells you which days to POAS and reads the sticks for you. It doesn't have a control line, but measures both estrogen and LH - hence the two lines.

Nope, I wasn't correct, LOL. I've been looking at piccies and OPKs do work a little differently to CBFM. Please ignore me! :dohh:

Hey don't worry, it's OK!!! I figured they worked differently from your post above! Where are you in your cycle?

you get the control line and with alot of people they is always a very light line every single day remenber not to use fmu it will get darker sara for sure try not to worry this is strange for me to be this early lots of ladies on another thread dont ov till day 19, 20 get some pics and post on here we can help you tell if there positive or not

afm was very sad yesterday but must remenber not to let it get me down as if oh sees that he wont be able to dtd at all as he feels pressure us ladies have to be so strong sometimes hugs to you makes me feel better talking to you guys as know you understand

Thanks Kelly, that makes me feel better. I am shortly entering what is usually my more fertile phase (usually when EWCM starts) and am starting to feel nervous. Not having a positive OPK test is making me feel less anxious about it tho so that is good. I've not been using FMU as the kits said better not to. The only time I can really test during the week is about 5pm, so have been doing that. Gonna go for early afternoon at the weekend tho as heard that is better.

Yes, we have to be strong, being down in the dumps or getting upset in front of OH in my experience just makes things much worse. It makes me feel better speaking to you girls too. We will get through this together! :hugs:

Hey don't worry, it's OK!!! I figured they worked differently from your post above! Where are you in your cycle?
CD8 today and CBFM is telling me "high" so I guess my cycle will be similar to last month and I am due to Ov on CD12.

I know what you mean about not getting upset - it's also why I deliberately set out to DTD "just for fun" at least once a month. So far we've not done anything this month, and I know I need at least one BD before Ov otherwise they will be stale old rubbish swimmers! :nope:

CD8 today and CBFM is telling me "high" so I guess my cycle will be similar to last month and I am due to Ov on CD12.

I know what you mean about not getting upset - it's also why I deliberately set out to DTD "just for fun" at least once a month. So far we've not done anything this month, and I know I need at least one BD before Ov otherwise they will be stale old rubbish swimmers! :nope:

Yes I try to do that too, to keep things fun and fresh too! I am CD11, we had a "fun" session a few days ago, felt more normal than it has in a while. I usually have to instigate it tho as OH's drive isn't what it used to be. I think a lot of men in their early 40s feel like that, whereas we are still raring to go and have the baby incentive too! I think I usually ovulate around CD17-18, but have just been judging this on EWCM which a get up to 5 days before hand (and actually last month it was 6 days!). That's why I got the OPK, to try and find out what's happening. I've heard that it's easy to miss the surge of LH tho so not sure if it will be worth it or not.

Anyway, no sign of LH surge yet but really think is early days.

Good luck with your "fun" DTD and for "business" DTD too! Hope it works out :hugs:

sara when you start to get a pink line i usually do two a day one bout 11 then bout 9 and sometimes even 5 as sometimes if your like me you get a mega short surge and miss it once you have done a couple of cycles you will get to know when you ov

afm we dtd again last night so just praying i ov hopefully were all be in tww together at least we can chill
agreed on old swimmers get those buggers out the way hugs to you all x

:rofl: At the stale old rubbish swimmers. I'm proof positive that is nonsense.
I used the cheapest opks I could buy on ebay and tested at 5pm. If you are worried about missing the surge, you can do two a day once they start to get darker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->