• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OH performance anxiety - 6 BFPs so far!!!!

Doing it naturally. Been told I wouldnt be a good candidate for IVF as I have a low AMH. Kind of relieved because I have never wanted to go the IVF route although now my desire is getting stronger and stronger and I wonder if I will feel thats the only thing I can try next. CLomid has been fine but I dont feel anything apart from the boob thing. And temps a bit all over the place so I dont think I have had a miracle first experience on Clomid. Been working away from home this week and its been quite stressful which I dont suppose helps anything!
And Im having a facebook day when all my friends are sprouting about how great their children are! Grrrr!

Oh I hear u on the Facebook thing hon.. I actually deactivated my Facebook account about 2 months ago for similar type of reasons. I found myself way too many times ruining my day by looking at Facebook & seeing things that would get to me. I love it on one hand bcos it kept me in touch with all my family in the uk.. But it was seriously bad for my mental health some days! I work in mental health so I had to practice what I preach & decide that it is just a stupid Internet site that people mostly use to advertise how great or crap their life is..... & when I was having a bad day it could push me just a little to far into a negative place. So for now, I'm happy without it.

On the IVF thing. I'm at a point in my life (38!) where I now realise I will never say never.. Until u are experiencing something firsthand you never really know how u will feel in certain situations. So if u decide to try IVF, then good for you. Only you will know if it's right to try. I hope the clomid helps & u get ur bfp soon. I haven't had that AMH test.. Bit nervous that the FS might want me to get it done.. I worry that if I get a bad result that I'll end up so negative & pessimistic that I'll give up. I've had a VERY difficult 6-12 months & have struggled with situational anxiety & mild depression.. I'm in a good place right now so I'd hate to get bad news & start feeling bad again. But I guess I'll cross that bridge when/if I get to it!

Doing it naturally. Been told I wouldnt be a good candidate for IVF as I have a low AMH. Kind of relieved because I have never wanted to go the IVF route although now my desire is getting stronger and stronger and I wonder if I will feel thats the only thing I can try next. CLomid has been fine but I dont feel anything apart from the boob thing. And temps a bit all over the place so I dont think I have had a miracle first experience on Clomid. Been working away from home this week and its been quite stressful which I dont suppose helps anything!
And Im having a facebook day when all my friends are sprouting about how great their children are! Grrrr!

Can I ask how old you are? I just had the AMH test done but haven't gotten my results back yet. I didn't realize they had such a test but I am anxious to get mine back. I'm going to be 40 this summer and my dr said she wanted to ck that because of my age. Just curious and I hope you don't mind me asking that.

Oh I hear u on the Facebook thing hon.. I actually deactivated my Facebook account about 2 months ago for similar type of reasons. I found myself way too many times ruining my day by looking at Facebook & seeing things that would get to me. I love it on one hand bcos it kept me in touch with all my family in the uk.. But it was seriously bad for my mental health some days! I work in mental health so I had to practice what I preach & decide that it is just a stupid Internet site that people mostly use to advertise how great or crap their life is..... & when I was having a bad day it could push me just a little to far into a negative place. So for now, I'm happy without it.

On the IVF thing. I'm at a point in my life (38!) where I now realise I will never say never.. Until u are experiencing something firsthand you never really know how u will feel in certain situations. So if u decide to try IVF, then good for you. Only you will know if it's right to try. I hope the clomid helps & u get ur bfp soon. I haven't had that AMH test.. Bit nervous that the FS might want me to get it done.. I worry that if I get a bad result that I'll end up so negative & pessimistic that I'll give up. I've had a VERY difficult 6-12 months & have struggled with situational anxiety & mild depression.. I'm in a good place right now so I'd hate to get bad news & start feeling bad again. But I guess I'll cross that bridge when/if I get to it!

I was just telling Jelly my new dr wanted me to have that test done this week because I'm 39 years old going to be 40 in August. I never knew that test even existed but I am nervous about getting my results back next week. I just tested like an idiot at about 7-8DPO not sure which I am but I got a BFN anyways. I broke down and cried today while buying a baby gift for a shower I had to attend. I can't believe how emotional this makes you when ttc. It always seems someone somewhere either thinks you are crazy or are an emotional basket case. It can be very frustrating. I too deleted my fb as well a few months back. :thumbup:

I was just telling Jelly my new dr wanted me to have that test done this week because I'm 39 years old going to be 40 in August. I never knew that test even existed but I am nervous about getting my results back next week. I just tested like an idiot at about 7-8DPO not sure which I am but I got a BFN anyways. I broke down and cried today while buying a baby gift for a shower I had to attend. I can't believe how emotional this makes you when ttc. It always seems someone somewhere either thinks you are crazy or are an emotional basket case. It can be very frustrating. I too deleted my fb as well a few months back. :thumbup:

Tundralife, (((hugs)))... If I had a dollar for every time I've cried over friends around me getting pregnant or giving birth.. I'd be a rich woman. I've sat & balled my eyes out many many times with my lovely mum trying to cheer me up & keep me positive. Even at work today, I'm a nurse & our maternity unit obviously had some kind of orientation for mums that are about to pop.. So on my way to the coffee shop I walked straight bang into a group of about 15 VERY pregnant women!!!!! And I find myself feeling quite.... Hmmmm... How should I say it... Well I guess I was sneering on the inside!! And actually thinking 'more bloody pregnant women!!'!!! Which I am a teeny bit ashamed of... But it's not personal of course.. It's just how I momentarily deal with the pangs of jealously & envy that I feel. I'm otherwise usually a nice caring person ; )

It's good that you've had the AMH test. I will have it if its offered. After all there's no point denying the truth.. & if there's a issue it's better to know bcos it might mean taking more aggressive action.

Sorry about ur bfn. But I guess it's still early days too..

And I have to say.. I can't stand baby showers!! They are like torture!!

Can I ask how old you are? I just had the AMH test done but haven't gotten my results back yet. I didn't realize they had such a test but I am anxious to get mine back. I'm going to be 40 this summer and my dr said she wanted to ck that because of my age. Just curious and I hope you don't mind me asking that.

Hi Tundra, I dont mind you asking at all. I was 40 last October. Cant believe Im 40 and a half now! Been trying for about 2 years now. I paid £80 to get my AMH done. I hadnt wanted to have it done for fearing of hearing (although not really believing I would) bad news but my acupuncturist suggested having it done as there are things she could do if the result wasnt so good. And it wasnt. When I saw the NHS gynae, she said they dont really go by AMH - if you are having regular periods, you are likely to be ovulating so its not a worry. Why does my egg never meet OH's men?!! Im about 11 DPO now after my first Clomid course, been temping every day like a thermometer addict. Ive been working away from home this week so no PG test which is good. I'm just going to wait for AF to arrive this week and Im pretty sure she will.
What other options are you considering? :kiss:

Tundralife, (((hugs)))... If I had a dollar for every time I've cried over friends around me getting pregnant or giving birth.. I'd be a rich woman. I've sat & balled my eyes out many many times with my lovely mum trying to cheer me up & keep me positive. Even at work today, I'm a nurse & our maternity unit obviously had some kind of orientation for mums that are about to pop.. So on my way to the coffee shop I walked straight bang into a group of about 15 VERY pregnant women!!!!! And I find myself feeling quite.... Hmmmm... How should I say it... Well I guess I was sneering on the inside!! And actually thinking 'more bloody pregnant women!!'!!! Which I am a teeny bit ashamed of... But it's not personal of course.. It's just how I momentarily deal with the pangs of jealously & envy that I feel. I'm otherwise usually a nice caring person ; )

It's good that you've had the AMH test. I will have it if its offered. After all there's no point denying the truth.. & if there's a issue it's better to know bcos it might mean taking more aggressive action.

There is a date in my diary for a get together with some good friends. 7 of us, 4 of them have 5 babies between them and Im not sure I want to go! I love seeing them all but its just going to be a baby fest. Im not very good with babies but I assume if I get my own, it will all fall into place! JJ, tough times with work thrusting PG women in your face! I am quite envious of baby bumps. I would really like to experience pregnancy. Im just a late developer and have come to the idea too late to make it simple for myself! JJ, have you tried IVF?

greenjelly - trust me - when you get pregnant and have a lo - it will all fall into place!
Kelly - congratulations!!!! I imagine you are pretty tired right now! However, I assure you, when you get to about 12 or 14 weeks - you'll look back and realise how much easier it is then it was!

everyone - I really was just like you - and it still makes me cry how lucky I am when I thought it wasn't going to happen and when I see other people suffering.

Keep the faith everyone and it will be when you least expect it.

We have decided that Thomas will be our first and last baby however, personally I was reassured when I went to see the nurse at the surgery that she was talking about whether I was going to have another one. When you are only three months off 40 it is lovely not to be treated like an "old" lady!

it was a bit torture and the awful part is that there ended up being 2 other pregnant women who showed up. I didn't know them but they were friends of the girl we had the shower for. I understand your frustration quite well and the disappointment you feel when you see pregnant women. I find myself sometimes obsessing about it. When I do, i usually try to have a selfish moment and say "who cares" I'll just start working out harder in the gym, getting my tan on and trying to be more sexy lol. I try to think of things I could do for myself instead of ttc. Sometimes it helps. I've actually started working out a little harder in the gym. The crazy thing is when I start doing that in the back of my mind I think about if I am doing too much weights, what if this messes up implantation. lol So, in a nutshell this is just a VISCOUS cycle.

Hi Tundra, I dont mind you asking at all. I was 40 last October. Cant believe Im 40 and a half now! Been trying for about 2 years now. I paid £80 to get my AMH done. I hadnt wanted to have it done for fearing of hearing (although not really believing I would) bad news but my acupuncturist suggested having it done as there are things she could do if the result wasnt so good. And it wasnt. When I saw the NHS gynae, she said they dont really go by AMH - if you are having regular periods, you are likely to be ovulating so its not a worry. Why does my egg never meet OH's men?!! Im about 11 DPO now after my first Clomid course, been temping every day like a thermometer addict. Ive been working away from home this week so no PG test which is good. I'm just going to wait for AF to arrive this week and Im pretty sure she will.
What other options are you considering? :kiss:

well i think i mentioned on one of the threads we are on together that DH is active duty military so I am very limited with what resources I have and who I can see. I have actually been refered to a specialist who comes onto the base a few times per month so that is better than what i have to work with. We can't afford IVF so I know that option is out and although DH wants a baby I know he's not willing to go that far. So, I'm not sure what we will do next. Just going to wait until my results from the progesterone and AMH

Hi,
we have the same problem. I am 38. had a mc last year...

Hi,

sorry to hear that hun. How are you holding up? Are you still ttc? :hugs:

yes, still ttc, but sometimes unsuccesfull during inside me...I always hold a soft cup under my pillow to ejaculate in it on his own:ball:

I'm sure that's frustrating for you both. I know that anytime I bring up anything regarding our sex life to my DH he is so offended and takes it personal. He thinks I am questioning his man hood. I don't think men realize that we could help them more than hurt them because honestly at this point sex really isn't a big deal to me. How long do you keep the softcup in?

Hi,

yes, still ttc, but sometimes unsuccesfull during inside me...I always hold a soft cup under my pillow to ejaculate in it on his own:ball:

I'm sure that's frustrating for you both. I know that anytime I bring up anything regarding our sex life to my DH he is so offended and takes it personal. He thinks I am questioning his man hood. I don't think men realize that we could help them more than hurt them because honestly at this point sex really isn't a big deal to me. How long do you keep the softcup in?
two or three hours. I think it is sufficient because sperm already can live in vagina up to one hour. is it right?

Hi,

two or three hours. I think it is sufficient because sperm already can live in vagina up to one hour. is it right?

I don't know as I read all kinds of medical sites that say anywhere from 3-5 days depending on the environment in the cervix etc. Are you using preseed? That is supposed to help with that, especially if you are taking any type of fertility aids

How are you doing Sara? Feeling fine I hope? I started clomid this month...[/QUOTE]

Hiya Green! Sorry for tardy reply...

I'm doing well thanks! Things gone well so far, both scans fine. Bit tired in first trimester but much better now! 24 weeks now, can't believe it's been that long!

How's the clomid going?

hi to all the ladies that know me just wanted to update baby Daniel was born on the 31st march weighing 9 pounds 3 hope your all ok xxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats Kelly, that's lovely news he looks gorgeous!

Hope you are doing well yourself!

SJx

Hi,

I don't know as I read all kinds of medical sites that say anywhere from 3-5 days depending on the environment in the cervix etc. Are you using preseed? That is supposed to help with that, especially if you are taking any type of fertility aids

live 3-5 days in uterus, not in vagina...as soon as they passes the cervix, and reach, they will be safe for 3-5 days...but they have to do their job in the vagina (be ready to long travel to the uterus) in 1-1,5 hour...

How are you doing Sara? Feeling fine I hope? I started clomid this month...

I'm doing well thanks! Things gone well so far, both scans fine. Bit tired in first trimester but much better now! 24 weeks now, can't believe it's been that long!

How's the clomid going?[/QUOTE]

Its ok, my message got hidden I noticed! Nice to hear from you. Week 24?! I cant believe it. Are you still working? Will you find out the sex of baby jewel?
Feel fine on the Clomid. Im a day late so getting stupidly excited but have been this late before so it doesnt mean anything. I have a tummy ache which doesnt really feel like period pain but I expect it is... Im prepared for AF coming to stay. but wouldnt it be nice if she decided not to visit for a few months... :winkwink::winkwink:

How are you doing Sara? Feeling fine I hope? I started clomid this month...

How's the clomid going?

Its ok, my message got hidden I noticed! Nice to hear from you. Week 24?! I cant believe it. Are you still working? Will you find out the sex of baby jewel?
Feel fine on the Clomid. Im a day late so getting stupidly excited but have been this late before so it doesnt mean anything. I have a tummy ache which doesnt really feel like period pain but I expect it is... Im prepared for AF coming to stay. but wouldnt it be nice if she decided not to visit for a few months... :winkwink::winkwink:[/QUOTE]

FXD!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"