%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Ur temps are really LOW Joy have they done all the Bloodwork on u I know u said Ur FSH was high but did they check all your hormones and your Thyriod??!?

I didn't think they were low as they've been pretty much along those lines since I started temping. This time was a higher variance between my pre and post ovulation numbers. They did most of my blood work as I've seen others talk about tests I haven't had but I was told my thyroid, liver function and cholesterol are all good.
DAY 3 tests:
FSH 50.9 (menopausal)
LH 12.3
TSH .976
Prolactin 15
Estradiol 17
Progesterone .50

When I went to the ob/gyn for my results she basically just kept apologizing to me and telling me there was no course of action to take because I'm in early menopause. That I would not be getting pregnant. Before that she was willing to give me clomid but that was no longer an option. That's why all I can do is eat right, exercise and pray about it. Long shot I know but I'm still holding out hope.

Thanks Terri. I need all the hope and prayer the world has to offer LOL

Well I had a long thing typed up and my IPad ate it :grr:

I hate Drs that say there is nothing they can do there is always so etching to do and I'm personally the one to find out what it is :haha:
If u want me to do some research I will gladly do it ;)

Basically most women should have a base line of 97.9-98 NOT all women but I just noticed Urs was on the low end of that which could be normal for u
U did have a good shift this month and that is good but w me I've learned what my progesterone is in relation to my temps
The only way for u to know is to get it checked after O

Also did they check Ur AMH??

It might something as simple as taking P to help out :shrug:

Plz don't take anything I say as being negative I truly am just a Freak that wants answers and wants to help :headspin:

Sis-I mentioned to someone that barely got above 98 after ovulation that I thought something might be up, but she didn't want to hear it. She is kind of annoying anyway, but it's good information to know. My gyn said temps should be over 98 for pregnancy to occur/hold on. So, I guess that's just something I know. :shrug:

Thanks Sis, I appreciate it. I did some research and basically there isn't much hope out there. That's why I was wondering how Oldermom had done it with her twins because our number for FSH was similar. The only thing I can really find is diet changes and DHEA supplementation which is what I've been doing. Someone even said that high doses of Vitamin D could bring it down but more often than not it looks like I'm just stuck with it and praying that I'm one of those ladies that gets unexpectedly pregnant during menopause. My cousin just had a surprise pregnancy at 43 so I'm really hoping I get some of that action LOL

Not everyone appreciates advice Terri but I sure do. Can't hurt and if I don't agree then I just don't do it. Simple! :smile:

Sis- I was wondering if you had the same info as Terri? I know she is leaving today and don't expect her on but I was wondering about the temps. For the 98 range is that pre or post ovulation for pregnancy to have a best chance?

AFM-So another temp drop this morning which means I can expect AF this Friday. Yay NOT! Now it looks like we are not going camping. I love that my husband is considerate of that and we won't be roughing it during that time.

I'm thinking that if I continue with supplements I will take just the CoQ10 and the DHEA maybe some black cohosh every other month. I thought menopause was supposed to give you hot flashes and night sweats and all that crap. I haven't had any symptoms except a lighter period which I figured was due to too many years on depo provera?? Black cohosh is supposed to help with estrogen which is why I'm considering keeping it in the mix. Thoughts? Suggestions? Bueller Bueller LOL

Joy - how do you take your temperature orally or vaginally? that definately will affect your temperatures (whether they are actually too low). I too have heard that over 98 is a must for pregnancy... I quit temping a while ago due to the BS cysts I am dealing with and being on the pill for over 6 months now... I have a love hate relationship with temping- love the info it gave me about my cycle - hated the info it gave me about my UNSUCCESSFUL cycles. :haha: You know what I mean...
In my first year (I am now in year 3) of trying to conceive - I ordered all the supplements for me and hubby.... we were like a pharmacy... I took Coq10 (ubinquol - the "purer" version of CoQ10), vitamin D, prenatal, b complex, DHEA, fertilaid - and the list goes on and on - I didn't take all these at the same time - although at one time I had a pill case with 21 slots so I could take 3 doses of vitamins a day... I got my husband to take Fertilaid (1 a day but the dosage says 3 a day) for a while - but I just quit buying them because he wouldn't take them enough to really help anything....
I cannot tell you with certainty that anything helped... my cycles were still rediculously short (19-23 days) with spotting constantly after ovulation... the only thing that made me have a regular cycle was clomid (no spotting - strong ovulation and 15 day LP). but only the first two cycles... after that I got these cysts that 7 months later I can't get rid of... :cry:
For some people supplements work (Sis' husband is one I think of right off) but for us - it was a waste of money for sure... I know there are some threads on here that talk about natually reducing FSH - all I can tell you is look for those... and try what you feel comfortable with...but I agree with Sis - your dr is bogus... there is always something to try - can you get a different doctor?

Terri - ENJOY your vacation and the beach, and everything that goes with that!!! and I guess your hubby too - :rofl:

:hi: everyone!!
raining again here... I swear Noah is going to show up soon - I just hope he doesn't pick our two golden retrievers - they are the dumbest ones I have ever seen and we don't need that future for the breed!!!! :rofl:

Wish- I take my temp orally same time every morning 4:45am. Yeah I can definitely say I have the same love/hate relationship with temping. I didn't expect to have fertility issues since as a teen I was told that I am very fertile and would have to take extra precaution to avoid at that point. DD was conceived using2 forms of protection! Anyway fast forward and you see why I would be shocked that now I'm married and trying but apparently it's an issue. Sometimes the supplements are overwhelming but I was willing to try. That's why I'm going to cut back. Also just got new insurance this month and they don't cover anything fertility related so everything would be out of pocket and expensive. That round of blood work fell under the old insurance so the $1970 charges only cost me $250. I can't afford $2k repeatedly out of pocket. I'll see if I can find those threads you were talking about. I'm still holding out hope!

The rule of thumb is Ur BASE LINE the red line that goes across the middle should be 98 if u look at my Gallery of charts and I have a TON u can see mine vary a tiny bit but r usually 98!!! Also u can see on my charts I got a BFP that my temps were higher after O!!

My cycles where short and lightcuz I needed P or a stronger O!! JS ;)

Not trusting my temp this Am woke up and DH was in the bathroom so ihad to wait I think it should be a Lil lower :shrug:
Had sharp pains all the way down my left leg yesterday so who knows

I hadn't heard that Sis. When I was looking up average BBT temps it said between 97-97.7 was average for preO and after O it should be 97.7 and higher? If lower temps are an issue, how do you fix that?

It might be Bcuz u take Ur temps orally I posted a pic on here a long time ago of the mouth and where and how u should temp if u temp orally!!! I am a mouth breather so I temp VJ it's been way better for me and my temps are always on point except for when I have to wait on the bathroom Or get up w Dogs ;)

My typical Pre O temps are usually 97.9-97.6 after O usually 98.2 and up!! But that's me

My temp shot up this Am and my B@@b$ hurt so I know I Od last nite or yesterday afternoon had lots of EWCM for a change so :) FXFX

Yay! Good for you Sis :happydance: Keeping my FX for you!

AFM- Expecting AF today or tomorrow at the latest. The quest continues...

I see AF got u Joy :hugs:

Have u ever tried acupuncture?? I know Oldermom changed her diet completely due to having Caliac I think and other things she was also on Clomid Estrogen I believe and Progesterone!! I'm not sure what she did to get her twins as she wasn't really updating us here maybe some of the other girls know in Assisted Conception!!
I do know she used Donor eggs a long time Ago I think b4 her daughter but not sure about this time!! :shrug:

My temp has been questionable since I've been up and down the last few nites my temp at 6am was 98.2 but at 9 when I woke up it was 98.62 so I just put it in the middle :shrug:
We will see what Tommorrow brings since I have to get up early for Acupuncture!! ;)

TGIF hope everyone has a great weekend!!

I'm starting to 2nd guess my Wednesday temp if I put it as 98.17 I'm 3dpo but I got my peak that day so that can't be right can it?? :shrug:

My Pre o temps r a Lil higher this time so maybe that's the deal who knows guess we will see in a week or so
My acupuncture got canceled yet again :nope: just gonna go w the flow I guess :shipw:

Hi everyone-just a quick update. The IUI failed so we are moving to IVF. I started BCP today and start stimming on July 10. I really hope this works as I can only afford one cycle since I am paying out of pocket.

Aww Blue- I'm sorry that the IUI didn't work. Still keeping my FX for you on the next stage. I definitely feel you on the money front. Sucks to pay completely out of pocket.

Sis- Sorry your accupuncture got cancelled again. What's up with that?!

AFM - Nothing happening but the "flow". LOL Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->