%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Nessaw wishing you luck at your appointment tomorrow! :blue::yellow::pink:

Well I got the price sheet for the IUI this dr wants 1500 WTF r u kidding me!!!! I don't get it how come it keeps going up that is ridiculous !!! :nope:
Guess we will be doing TI unless they will do the IUI without monitoring!! :shrug:

Geez Louise that's a lot for IUI! Sorry Sis :nope: Don't give up on your little wren. :hugs:

The prices for all of this stuff is maddening. That's why I/we have one more chance and then we're done and living a DINK life. Hate to say it, but at this point it's true. It's too much going through this every month over and over and over. I'll be the woman that ends up getting pregnant naturally at 46. I sure wish I had started all this baby stuff a lot sooner. :growlmad:

Hi all good at the 20 week scan-we're team pink!

:wohoo: Congratulations Nessaw!!! Glad everything went well :flower:

OMGoodness!!! A girl!! So happy for you nessaw and glad all went well at the scan!!

Nessaw - A girl... how awesome!!!!!!!!! :pink::pink::pink: I am partial to pink!!! Congrats lady!! any ideas on names ??? I mean you do have 20 more weeks to decide and all...:haha:

Terri - did you start those pills lady?? roll on with this IVF cycle!! :happydance: and I have a dumb a$$ question what is DINK??? and yes I totally agree I wish I had started trying for this baby about 8 years ago atleast... ugh :growlmad:

Sis - that is a bit pricey!! What did you decide to do??

:hi: all you other lovelies... got my surgery date today August 21st at 2:30pm!!!!!!!!!!! :hissy::hissy::hissy::devil::devil::devil::devil::saywhat::saywhat::saywhat::sulk::sulk::sulk::sulk:[-([-([-([-(
seriously ladies I can't eat after midnight the 20th... this wont end well... I eat every three hours...
picture this... me up at 1145 :dog::dog::dog::wohoo::wohoo::wine::wine::wine::coffee::coffee: right up till 1159...
what are these people thinking????

Wish-it's double income, no kids. Although there is a fur baby which is also expensive! Hee hee. Glad you got your surgery date scheduled. I usually go to bed early when I can't eat. Sad, but true.

I'm not sure if I told you guys but my nurse got a new position, so I have a new nurse. She is nice as well, but I don't think she's as nice and sympathetic as my nurse. Mine went through fertility treatments and had a baby girl so she completely understands all the emotions and such. It makes a difference. Anyway, my nurse is off today and was sick yesterday so I should get a tentative schedule tomorrow. I did start bcps this morning so that's something. I'm headed to Myrtle Beach next week so once again I have a million and one things to do before I leave. It's my family reunion and it's the first one without my grandfather. :cry: it should still be fun, but just different. I'm eager to go away again. I wish there was a job where you can always be on vacation. Oh yeah there is, retirement. :haha:

OMG Wish! I can totally sympathize with you on the eating bit. I'm all about food and when they say you can't eat (even fasting for tests) that is when I get super hungry! I so hope they have a cancellation and can move your surgery to the morning. That is gonna be one tough day! Might I suggest a midmorning nap? LOL You can make it through!

Terri-Hope you have a nice family reunion. Even though your grandfather isn't there, remember him with love and a smile. :hugs: I bet Fun is going to miss you! Were you able to get him back on track with his training?

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the summer weather.

AFM-In the TWW and nothing new but the passing of time. Eating better and trying to get a bit of exercise in everyday. I'm hoping all the changes I'm making lifestyle wise will pay off. I think I'm going to give it a year and then if I don't have a BFP by then, I'll throw in the towel. At least this is my thinking now. Who knows where I'll be when that year is up? Every time you think you're done trying, something keeps you going for the next month and the next. Ah, the insanity of it all...

Nessaw - Yay - a GIRL! Congratulations!!!! :)

Wish - Ugh. Why so long until your surgery and why so late in the day??? I am the same way about eating - that's absolutely miserable.

Terri - That stinks about your nurse. I hope the new one warms up a bit. I'm sorry about your grandfather but I hope you have a great time in Myrtle Beach. My mom lives in the area but I didn't get a chance to go down this year. Maybe in the fall...

Joy - Looks like you definitely O'd so I'm crossing my fingers for you!!!

Sis - How's it hanging?

Nothing new to report. Had an appt on Monday - cervix still closed so baby's staying put for the time being. I had some stomach issues Tues-Weds (which I guess can be an early sign for some???) but I'm feeling fine now and definitely no contractions. That's fine, though, because I still have a few things to do around the house and we still haven't picked our boy name yet! We might do Thomas (after my husband) but there are so many in the family so we're not 100%. I'm pretty sure we'll go with Adeline Ellene for the girl's name. We just like the name Adeline and Ellene is my mom's name.

terri- have fun in Myrtle Beach! My parents are in Wilmington, NC so we go down there every year on Boxing Day for outlet shopping.

kfs- love the name!

kfs1-Glad you're feeling ok. I can't believe you're due in two weeks. Seems like just yesterday you were freaking out because you had a surprise BFP. I'm getting so excited. I have to say, I hope you have a girl because I love Adeline and Ellene is unique and pretty. fxfx. A 'friend' of mine from the TWW boards is Icelandic, and she said that they don't name the baby for a few weeks after they're born. I thought that was interesting because we are thinking of names before we're even pregnant, and they just wait..I'm sure they think about it, but no one's blurting out names, I suppose.

Fezzle-How are you doing? When is your next/first appointment?

Isn't Iceland where they have a set list of names and then their surnames are their father's name plus -sun or -dottir?

I have my booking appointment, which is the one with the midwife where they ask lots of questions about my health and lifestyle and take blood, scheduled now on 25 Aug. I've asked for a private scan from my FS but haven't got a set date yet- that would be around 7 weeks, so around 1 Aug.

Idk Wish it seems every Dr keeps doubling in price it's Crazy!!! :nope: I asked for a price for just IUI w Gender wash w no scans or anything and she called and told me 1k for one and 1300 for 2 WTH!!! These people confuse the crap outta me they don't even want me to take a trigger if we do TI !!!! :shrug:

We call again here in a bit DH and I are going on a mini Vaca to Austin he figures alone time will help we shall see :)

KFS love the name maybe do a Boy version of Adeline if U guys love it so much I know there is a Celtic one close let me look!! :)

Had a great few days w my hubby went to Austin Thur nite and San Antonio Friday nite!! Didn't go to the river w my BFF cuz I was sure I would O but looks like I haven't yet!! :shrug:

Going to the Dr in the Am aparently my insurance covers everything if we do TI so that is what we r doing for NOW!!
They do a gender wash so we may do that if we don't get a BFP soon just for the heck of it ;)

Hope everyone is doing well!

Oh my goodness ladies. It feel like I've been away forever from BNB! Been spending lots of time at family's summer cabins and as much as I love the time in the woods and lakes and living more simplistically, I was giddy as all get out to get back to town and pick up a Little Caesars pizza, take a hot shower, and gear up to watch all my recorded reality trash tv shows.

CONGRATULATIONS to Fezzle and Neesaw!!!! Yippee skippee! (Skippette in Neesaw's case). A GIRL! So lovely. Just wonderful! I felt like you were going to have a boy and I'm almost always wrong! My only advice to mothers who will have baby girls, is start sticking bows on her head as soon as she's out of the womb so that she is used to them. There are so few years that they will allow you to put big, ridiculous bows on their head and it's important that you take advantage of it. So happy for you!

And Fezzle....what a wonderful surprise to come back to and see those beautiful lines and digi!! You responded so well to your treatments I knew it was just going to be a matter of time. And I really feel like this is your sticky baby. I don't have any intuition about what you are having, either boy or girl just yet, but it will come!

Kfs1...Eeek so close now!! If my intuitions, or lack thereof, are right, I've always felt you're going to have a girl so I am guessing team blue, but love the girl name. Just sayin, get that boy name ready, too! And having both a girl and a boy, I can tell you that they are both so very wonderful, that it would be impossible for me to decide which one is more delicious. Definitely on baby watch for you now!

Sis-- i'm so sorry you've been having such disappointment with doctors over and over. What does TI mean and what is a gender wash?? You must explain! I hope the trip to Austin was a nice getaway with the hubsters and I'm still just so happy that he is on board with TTC... Because I remember well when you were really struggling with him to get on board. I'm just glad to see that he has been cooperating now and hasn't thrown in the towel! You know that I am totally pulling for you to get that little wren!

Joy-- I'm so happy that you have joined our group because you always have such encouraging words to say to everyone, especially when so many of us decide to do things..like run out into the wilderness for a couple of weeks...and not be as active on the board! I 100% understand you wanting to have another child to give your DD a sibling (and of course, your DH a child, as well.) You just keep on truckin' lady. You have a great positive spirit and have really provided a lot of happy energy to our "Oldies" board!

TERRI! Hope you had an absolutely wonderful adventure to the north! Did you come up through Michigan and go to Canada through Sault Sainte Marie or something? I'm trying to figure out your route because I believe you said you were going through Michigan. What did you do when you got up to Canada? And only 20 minutes of rain? I'm really shocked about that and you were seriously lucky! Sorry to hear that there was no Mexican vacation Bambino, but I am excited for you to get going on the next IVF and will be excited to share your journey and rooting for you along the way!

Wish-- As the other ladies have already said, my biggest concern is that the masses are not serious above and beyond anything else. Bottom line! I am so sorry to hear that your appointment with the St. Louis doctor was such a let down. :( I know we were all hoping for good things to come out of that appointment for you, especially since you had wavered about even going and seeing that doctor. You have had such ups and downs through all of this and I just wish life would give you a damn break!! I realize that you are the one that has to make the decision, but I really hope that you don't give up trying. (Side note: I sent you a FB friend request)!

Sorry if I missed anyone! Hope everyone is doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->