%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

Joy-the nurse called and said results will be in in two weeks. I don't believe her, but I'll wait. There is no huge rush. I imagine I'll be on bcp during my trip to Seattle so that's fine. I'd rather be on bcp than taking shots, I guess. I'm just eager to find out but I'm being patient. Sorry your cycle is still acting so funky. C'mon AF or something!

Sis-yeah for another beta. Can't wait to hear the results. I'll be working tomorrow so I have something to look forward to while I'm at my desk!

Sis-Hoping the next beta sets your mind at ease a bit.

Terri- I'm glad you have patience. Hope you have a good time in Seattle. It will be better to not have shots going on during that time.

Eek! I thought I posted my message last night so I will have to copy and paste it in a sec....

Holy hot dog! I don't check in for a few days and look at all of this excitement! 😀

Sis--Wahoozie!!!!! When I saw your tests, those looked like nice lines for further on down the road… I had no idea you were so early DPO when you took them!! Happy to hear that your doctor is going to get you in for another beta to help ease your fears. Does your insurance cover all of the betas, even if they don't fall within the doctors guidelines for when you should have them done? Like, if you get an extra one at your request, will you have to pay out-of-pocket for it or does your insurance cover it at no cost? BTW, I'm so GLAD you didn't go to NYC!!

Terri--Sending so MANY positive vibes for your perfect little embie!! I know that you're disappointed that there weren't more to test, but you have the best possible grade embie you can have. Out of all that drinking and carrying on that your DH did, you guys still created a very healthy little embie and the testing will tell u the rest. I mean if u think about it, in the traditional means of TTC, you typically get one egg that you know nothing about. Then you hope that the sperm will make it all the way to where she is hanging out. The timing of that happening has to be just right because you have such a short window before she says, "Hasta la vista!" You are in a spot now where you at least know that sperm met egg and that embie is going strong. Who knows how long just THAT part would've taken in the normal cycle (even without the sperm issues). And yes, I believe that Moni may have had only one to transfer and it was a grade C or something along those lines so she was not very hopeful. Just keep chanting in your head, it only takes one, it only takes one!!!

Blues-- How completely frustrating that the procedure was a bit of a waste and that now there maybe concerns that the fibroid is growing it will have to be removed. But read again what Terri wrote because that was perfectly put. And you know that the delay, if there is going to be one to remove the fibroid, is in the best interest of your process here, but nonetheless I'm sure it is very disappointing. Please keep us updated with your journey, it's so nice to hear from you and we all want to be pulling for you each step of the way!

Wish--I'm sure your baking skills are on point and they will turn out delicious!!! That is such a wonderful thing to do for their wedding. If you wouldn't mind sharing the recipe, I could use it for another event I have coming up. You obviously love that recipe so it must be good!

Driving--What?? Your little one is already a fluent reader in kindergarten?! That is absolutely amazing. And you think the baby is slow to crawl and he just turned 7 months?? Ummm, I think you guys make very advanced children !! And yes, you've got nothing to lose and you are both on board with the idea so go for number 3!

Joy, sorry about your wacky cycle and unfortunately I don't understand too much about temping/charting, but you obviously do so you would know if it's being wacky or not! Did you ever end up getting the OPK's that sis was talking about from target, I believe?

AFM--I'm in my insane month of September… This is the craziest month with birthdays and anniversaries. Just with my oldest stepson's family alone, it is his birthday, his wife's birthday, their baby's birthday, and their anniversary, all within the span of a week! And that's just part of the crazy. It's also my daughter, husband and mother-in-law's birthday as well. Clearly, our family likes to get "busy" in December! So, I'm a total fruitcake this month.

We are heading off to Michigan for a week and I will be very happy to get out of the Tennessee heat and humidity and enjoy the beautiful weather up in Michigan. It's one of my favorite months to go and visit there because the bugs are all gone for the most part, and the weather is nice and in the 70s and 80s during the day. Anyway, that's all from me. Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend here in the states!

Oh and I forgot to mention I had to go off the Zoloft, because even though it was wonderful for making me chillllll out, it was also making my hair fall out and I gained a bunch of weight that I just cannot seem to get off now! Thanks ZOLOFT!!!!'

But now I've been taking St. John's Wort, and that actually seems to be doing the trick. Just throwing that out there for any postpartum mommies/future postpartum mommies.

Katie-It's always so nice to hear from you. I hope you have a great time in MI. Are you a Youper (I can't remember)? hee hee. I love the UP. The highest point in the state is up there, and one of my boyfriends and I rode our motorcycles there in 2007. We had to ride on this logging road, and it was so muddy and crazy, but what a fun adventure. I don't know why the people on the LP complain about how desolate it is up there. Some parts, yeah, but it's beautiful and well worth a trip north! Yikes about the Zoloft, but yay for St. John's wort. That reminds me that another bf of mine used to always say to me, 'did you take your st. john's wort?' :bike: HA!!HA!! I had to drop him too.

AFM-Ramble alert. AF is on her way for real today. I called my nurse to ask her if I should start taking pills today. She's really trying me because I don't want to wait any longer than I have to. So...if I don't get on pills now, I'll have to wait until next cycle to start pills, which would be the end of September beginning of October. That's too far away because then I'd have to take them for two weeks at a minimum. So, I hope she can tell me to come in for bloodwork/ultrasound or whatever NOW and then start pills, and then when the results come back, I can either get started on my transfer protocol or stop pills forever. I liked my last nurse because she had been through this process, and she knew/knows how anxious people are about everything. My nurse now is nice, but just like a regular nurse. I'll call you when I can, and if I'm off, you'll just have to wait until I get back before you get a phone call. I bet they don't do the FET authorization until they get the results and I may have to wait. I will be so irritated if that's the case. blah blah fml..blah blah :wacko: :brat:

Hope everyone has a fantastic holiday weekend! I'm ready for it.

Well Sis, I'm at home now and patiently waiting!

My nurse called and said I can start bcp on Monday and she'll get some dates for me. Yay!

Terri- yay that you can start your bcp! I really hope that you get your results back soon. Two weeks seems really long to me to get results.
Katie - i hope you have fun on your trip. I'm so sorry about the weight gain on the zoloft but so happy that st. John's is working!
Sis- i hope that your betas are amazing!

Afm- i had my 2nd monitoring appt today. I gained an extra follicle so yay! I have a bunch of little ones that they are hoping mature by Monday. The good news is the fibroid didn't grow any more. I hope that it stays that way!

Well I went to eat lunch w DH and wouldn't u know I get a text to check my Patient Portal well it took me forver on my phone and apparently it hadn't loaded yet cuz I just saw my HCG of 126 the same that I thought it was Wednesday!!

I had no other messages so I call the nurse freakibg out she keeps telling me it going up not to worry WTF 4 is not going up she said wait it was 126 Wednesday and it's 216 today!!
Ummm what???

So yea I had a Heart attack at GRINGOS for no reason it's still a tiny bit shy of double but it's still way below the 72 hr mark :)

Running to go shopping to forget about all this and Calm my nerves ;)

I'm happy it's still going up!! I can't believe they put that information on the portal, but whatever!! So what's the next step??

Blues-woohoo for another follicle and double woohoo for the fibroid not growing! I'm so excited for you.

I go in next Friday for Another beta and a Scan!! I'm just really afraid my numbers seem to be slowing by 18 every day which bothers the heck outta me :nope:

Guess I just gotta HOH!!!

It'll be ok, Sis. You are pregnant now so just remember that and definitely HOH. We are!! :hugs:

Sis.... If you haven't already come across this calculator, see below…

https://www.babymed.com/tools/hcg-calculator

Yay TERRI for getting the okay to start BCP!! Glad that ended up workin out how you had hoped. And yes, I'm a homegrown Yooper. It really is a beautiful place, isn't it? That is cool that you rode up there… not many people have visited the UP before. Now that I think of it, you may have mentioned that before but my memory is such crap that it was like a whole new story!

Blues--Hooray for more little follies and the fibroid staying at bay. That's wonderful!

Hi to everyone else!

Thanks Katie it doesn't have 12dpo but I am in average range so FX FX!!!

Sis- I know you have been through so much but try to just enjoy the new beginning you have going on. Whether the numbers double or not, believe that your body will aid you in holding on to this little seed. I'm HOH and praying for you.

Terri- So glad you got the good news to start your bcp. Now just waiting for some good news about your little embie. Keeping FX while we wait.

Katie-Yes the opks are from target but it would be nice to finally get to use them. This is the cycle from hell apparently. Hope you have a fantastic time in Michigan with your family. My that's a lot of celebration for one month. My DD is the only birthday for this month. She's fine with having it all to herself LOL

Blues- I'm so glad your follies are making progress while the fibroid is not. Keeping hope alive for lots of little eggies to develop.

AFM- The saga continues...Day 48 and no end in sight. Going to sip some tea with Kermit the frog. LOL

Joy I would take a OPK in the am and see if there is any line at all just to see if u might still be trying to O or something that's a long A$$ cycle

It is a long a$$ cycle! I was going to wait until next cycle to use them because this is just excessive.

No I know but maybe just use one in the Am just to see if there is any kinda line I'm not saying to keep using them ... just to do one to check then wait if nothing is there then at least u kinda know what's going on!! HTH

OK so I had my monitoring appointment today. I had hoped I was done and my retrieval would be on Wednesday. No go. :( but on the positive I'm up to 11 follicles. They want to mature those extra ones a little more, so I have another monitoring appointment on Wednesday, with my egg retrieval most likely on Friday. Terri - did you take that day off? How did you feel afterwards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->