• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

%% OLDIES But GOODIES %%

TGIF TGIF .... Wish I had a scan today but I'm DONE w Mums for the year so that makes me smile!! :) I will have to DeGlitter my craftroom and myself :haha:

Time for Halloween all the way don't ally have to make Ds2s costume this year since he wants to be a video game character I just have to fine the right patches for his Army gear :yipee:

We will be going to the Tex Renfest this weekend which is always a good time even if I can't drink I will be taking my meds w outa gap and hope to eat All day ;)

Hey all - I'm sorry that I haven't been posting much but know that I've been reading along.

Katie - I'm so sorry about your grandfather. Everyone's right - we all grieve in our own way so don't stress about that. I hope you and your family are all doing OK.

Sis/Blues - I'm over the moon for you both! Congratulations again!!!

Wish - Thinking of you lady. I hope you're hanging in there.

Joy - I hope this dreadful cycle ends for you soon.

Terri - Love hearing about all of your trips. And Happy Anniversary! Love you girl.

I have 1 month left of my maternity leave starting this Monday. Little Adeline's been doing much better now that she's on hypoallergenic formula. She's been smiling and cooing a lot lately - I'm loving her so much. We survived our first trip this past weekend. We rent a big house with about 20 friends in Cape Cod every year. Definitely different having a little one but we had such a great time. My next challenge is to try to get her to nap in her crib before daycare starts and to try to get her to sleep through the night. She's currently sleeping in a rock n' play and she usually wakes up once in the middle of the night - sometimes going until around 5 a.m.

Here are some pics - finally!! One from when she was born and the other two more recent.

Attachments

• IMG_1134.JPG
    IMG_1134.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1209.JPG
    IMG_1209.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1215.JPG
    IMG_1215.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 2
kfs1-So good to hear from you and look at your sweet, baby girl! She is the cutest. Good for you for braving the party with 20 friends and a newborn. I'm sure the others wanted to cuddle her and hold her the whole time so you could get a break. yay!!

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend!

twinnie!!!!!!!!!!! your sweet girl is so adorable!!! :cloud9: Thank you for sharing her with us... and kuddos to you for going on your family get away!!! I bet your little one was the star of the show!!! bummer that you only have 1 more month of maternity leave - I sure do wish companies would offer longer PAID maternity leave in the US!! :hugs2:

katie - sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing... and we all grieve differently for sure and sometimes it is just so hard to get used to them being gone... and I bet Michigan is going to be absolutely beautiful with the fall colors... :flower:

joy - I cannot wait for your dr appt - they have to give you something to end this torture!!!:growlmad: You have a great attitude for someone on a 3 month cycle!!! hang in there!!

Nessaw - how are you feeling lady?? I had to do a double take when I saw your ticker said 33 WEEKS!!!! is the nursery ready? you have names picked out??? Your little lady will be here before we know it!! how exciting!!!:happydance:

Terri - I love reading your journal about the food you are making... sorry to hear about the weekend with the hubby wasn't as good as you hoped... as usual you are handling life right in stride... good for you and I am taking some pointers down for sure!! :hugs:

Blues - Congrats lady!! Your scan pic looks lovely!! can't wait for the next

Sis - I am so happy this is you take home baby!!! now no more skipping meds!!! :haha:

Fezzle - Good luck with your decision on finding out the gender... I am partial to the walk in the forrest!! :)

AFM: CD 37! crazy reigns here... but I am just going with the flow (or lack of flow) :haha: my body must be reeling from the surgery and stress I guess!!! I am wanting lots of chocolate so I am thinking she will show in a few days... :)
I am singing along with a lot of Taylor Swift break ups songs - my favorite is "mean" !!!:haha: how pathetic is that:dohh:... I have my first lawyer appointment on Monday and I hate it :growlmad:... but I know it has to be done. My husband is spending money like it grows on trees (in fact he doesn't have enough to pay his remaining bills for October) but I have to remember that is not my issue. The only thing that has my name on it is the new house - and it is already paid this month... just irritating that he is so irresponsible...
and if I remember someone asked about the new house - he is getting the house - I have moved to another town 10 miles away (my rental property) I am sad about that - I didn't even get to sit by a fire in the fireplace (my favorite thing about the new house) :cry: oh well... being abused is not worth any fireplace ladies!!! I didn't realize how bad his treatment truly was until I started counseling... it is amazing what we put up with sometimes (or are deceived about!!)
life is good (minus the ex) the weather is beautiful and my daughter started her new job today... and I finally had enough $$ to buy a new microwave!!! we went a month without and I thought my teen was going to combust!!! :rofl:
:happydance::happydance::happydance:
Have a great weekend ladies!!

OMG Wish! You really sound good. :hug: You sound happy and that is such a blessing. At least you are realizing what it was and you can guard against a relationship like that in the future. I know you probably aren't even thinking about that right now but I'm glad you are able to learn from all of this. Hang in there girl because I know its a roller coaster ride of emotions. At least you had a home to go to so don't worry about the new one that he is getting. With his spending habits maybe you need to demand it be sold and get it out of your name before he loses it. There will be another house with a fireplace in the future if you want it. Yay for a microwave! Movie nights with the girls and a big bowl of popcorn. :flower: Oh and thanks...getting mad at AF isn't going to make her come any sooner so all I can do is keep it movin' :coolio: LOL P.S.-Stop trying to join the never-ending cycle club! ha ha ha

KFS1- You baby girl is just adorable! I love her smile. Thanks for sharing. Cape Cod sounds like so much fun. Enjoy your next month home because it goes too fast. Good luck getting her to sleep overnight for you. You can do it! I used music to help my daughter sleep overnight. Nice, soft piano music at the same time each night to let her know it was bed time and it worked like a charm. Maybe it will work for you?

Sis-Do you make mums as a little business or just family and friends? Just curious because it sounds like you stay quite busy with those and they are very elaborate. Have a good time at the Tex Renfest this weekend. You may not be able to drink but at least it's for the best reason! :happydance:

Hey everyone! I hope you all had great weekends.

Wish-Good for you for continuing to keep up with counseling. It really does help, and next time around, you'll be better prepared to see red flags, or any type of issue you may see sparking up because of past experience. I do agree with Joy though, make sure you get the house out of your name. That way you can stop paying the mortgage, and he can deal with the payments, or lack thereof. It will soon be on his watch and not yours. :hugs: You're a tough cookie. Keep your chin up!

Joy-I hear you on keeping it moving with or without AF. Hopefully she's right around the corner, but you never know at this point. *sigh* I guess she's visiting my house in the very near future. I'll send her your way once she arrives. I am feeling crampy and yucky. Just in time for my dad to visit, of course.

So...speaking of my dad, he got in last night and he'll probably be here for about two weeks. He has more eviction stuff to do, which means, two weeks of dinner planning. Tonight he's taking us out, so that will be nice, but the rest of the week, I'll be cooking. That reminds me that I guess I better cancel my Blue Apron since there is not enough food for the three of us.

Sis/Blues-Hope you ladies are doing well.

nessaw-I agree with Wish; time is really flying. Give us the scoop on things.

Hi to everyone else. :)

Hi everyone-sorry have been rubbish at posting. Can't believe it's 34wks Tom. Have started to relax-as relaxed as I can be-probably from the 29wk scan. She moves around a lot which is v reassuring. Have just finished nct class and am doing pg yoga/hypnobirthing-aiming for a very different experience from delivering the twins. Feeling good other than a new symptom of heartburn. Going on maternity leave 3rd nov-and next week is half term holiday so only 6 working days to go. Have been given lots of stuff but just finished bathroom and getting hall and nursery plastered then ready to paint and start nesting. Still no definite name yet-a few in contention. Just starting to get a little bit excited but still a bit wary. It's all a bit real now after all this time!

Aww Nessaw It's getting closer. So glad you are starting to really relax and enjoy. Plus going on maternity leave in less than a week...double bonus! Hope everything at the house turns out just the way you want it to look. What color are you going to paint the nursery? I love nesting!

Terri-That sucks that your dad has more eviction stuff to do! WTH? I wish he could just find some good tenants so he doesn't have to keep going through all the crap! It's good that he will be there for another 2 weeks though. That means you'll be cooking and posting about deliciousness! hee hee And if you need my address, email, phone number, facebook, twitter or whatever else for AF to find me...YOU LET ME KNOW! :rofl: I'll even see if I can scare up the coast guard to find her. :shipw:

The eviction stuff is for the same tenants. They run you ragged in the city where my mom/grandmother lived. $78 dollars for this, wait ten days, $100 dollars for the next thing, wait...$43 for the next thing, call the sheriff, THEN you can change the locks and move the people's stuff out. My dad said that it looked like the people have moved out, which is good, but it's a pain to have to wait for the sheriff to find out that no one was even there anyway. I may take off that day as well if we have to move stuff. My dad is no spring chicken, and I don't want him moving stuff on his own. My hubs even said he'd take off.

So tonight, because I have my church school class, the guys are having steaks and mashed potatoes, garlic bread and whatever vegetables are in the freezer (probably mixed). Tomorrow, I'm going to make pork tenderloin, but I haven't decided what type of spices I'll rub on it. We'll probably have that, a salad, and some other vegetable or other. I have time to think about it.

And the witch is ready to move on...yay!

Terri- That is a long and drawn out process to get people out. They are renters for crying out loud, not owners with a mortgage. Sheesh! I'm hoping everything is ok on the inside. You know how some people want to damage things cause they are mad about being evicted. That's great that you and the hubby can take off to help your dad. I think the same thing about my parents. Their moving days are over. Either pay a service or family has to come and help cause they are getting up there in years.

With the weather I went comfort food yesterday. Soup and rolls followed by meatloaf and mashed potatoes with cranberry sauce. I love cranberry sauce! Yep, it's a problem. :smug: Also tried my hand at making snickerdoodle cookies. Pretty yummy!

AFM-Day 93 here so when you are done with AF Terri, let her know I called. We can have hot chocolate together :coffee: Might even throw a peppermint stick in it if she comes before day 100! :winkwink:

Sis and Blues- looking for updates from you ladies.

Katie-How are you doing in Michigan? Hope Mimi is doing ok.

Wish-Just thinking of you :flower:

Hope everyone is doing well! Sending love out to the lot of you! :hugs:

My next update will be after my High Risk Appointment on Friday !! :)

My next ultrasound is tomorrow. I think I will feel more confident in this pregnancy if the baby is still on track with a strong heartbeat. I have just been so nervous that the baby will stop growing.

Blues/Sis-Can't wait for your updates!

Joy-I don't know what else to say about the witch. Wear white jeans! hee hee. Yeah, the eviction process is really a nightmare. The lady that lived there kept the house really nice, so I'm hoping if she's still alive her kids didn't go an ruin the house, otherwise, things should be in pretty good shape. She lived there for maybe 10 years at this point. Maybe more. I never really paid attention to my parent's rental properties and their tenants. I sent the :witch: to CO this morning, so she should be there by this afternoon. Nice job with the snickerdoodles. I love them! hee hee. You're on your own with the hot chocolate though. I'll take a hot toddy or hot apple cider please!

Hi to everyone else :flower:

Blues I know how u feel I'm still nervous and every scan has been perfect IDK if I will ever stop :nope:
Hope u have a GREAT scan!! :)

Just wish I could feel this Wiggly Gummy Bear that would help I think!!

Sis- I think I've gotten used to your weekly updates so it's weird to wait longer to hear about progress LOL Can't wait to hear how it goes on Friday.

Blues- Good luck tomorrow with your scan! I can understand you being nervous because I think we all wait for certain hurdles to clear before we can relax and enjoy it. Everyone settles in their own time. Let us know how it all goes. I'm sure your little one is progressing just fine. :hug:

Terri- I'll put out my welcome mat! Ready to get this show on the road for real! Think I'm going to make some chocolate chip cookies tonight for my husband to take to work with him tomorrow. Teachers love snacks! ha ha ha

The scan went great! I cried again lol. The baby is 15.4mm which measures to 7+6, which is what I am!!! Whoohooo!!!! The heartbeat was 166. My doctor was very happy with the scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->