on maternity and pregnant again

davidjoemum

mum to Davie and Sophie
Reaction score
hi everyone!

i was wondering if anyone know maternity after maternity policy or something related to my situation.
im currently on maternity leave since march 2011 my son is now 7 months old and now im pregnant due in april 2012, but my previous maternity ends in march 2012.i was looking on internet but i can't find anything similar to situation im in and my manager is useless(she cant find anything too and is to proud to ask HR dept)so before i take matter to my own hands and ask HR myself i was wondering if anyone can help me here on forum.

many thanx

What is it that you are needing to know?

I know in the NHS you can start one maternity leave straight after another, I used to process maternity application forms and knew two people who did this, however one was maternity leave following adoption leave. I think the best thing to do would be to contact your HR department and ask for a copy of the maternity policy. In the policy there should be a section detailing this.

x

a friend of mine had No.1 in January and No.2 is due in December. She came back off Maternity in August and used leave to work part time and will go back on Mat leave in 3 weeks. She is getting the full entitlement.

But you still need to look at your company's policy to see what they will do.

What is it that you are needing to know?

I know in the NHS you can start one maternity leave straight after another, I used to process maternity application forms and knew two people who did this, however one was maternity leave following adoption leave. I think the best thing to do would be to contact your HR department and ask for a copy of the maternity policy. In the policy there should be a section detailing this.

x

cool i work for NHS too!!!

I believe you still have the same amount of time off, but the rate of pay on smp/ma becomes a little complicated, perhaps contact the DWP?

i have no idea sorry hun i am a stay at home mum but i wanted to say your son is the same age as my daughter and i am also due in april :flower: i hope you get your answers

hooray for 2 under 2!! xxx

Hiya, I'm in the same boat! My maternity leave ends in December, I am taking my annual leave entitlement for the time I've been off which then takes me into February and then I'm starting my next maternity leave, don't actually have to return to work in between at all! It's great! I work for the NHS as a staff nurse, my entitlements remain the same! Just ring your Hr dept and they should be able to confirm all the details for you, good luck!

Ugh, you UK girls are so lucky! I'm back at work after taking a year off and I have to work at least 600 hours before my next leave. I know that's not much, but it's a lot more than I'd planned to be away from my son. It's kind of stressing me out because I have it planned so that I finish my hours at 36 weeks, but what if something unexpected happens before then? I'm screwed. Sorry to rant about my own situation. Good luck, I hope you figure everything out.

Ugh, you UK girls are so lucky! I'm back at work after taking a year off and I have to work at least 600 hours before my next leave. I know that's not much, but it's a lot more than I'd planned to be away from my son. It's kind of stressing me out because I have it planned so that I finish my hours at 36 weeks, but what if something unexpected happens before then? I'm screwed. Sorry to rant about my own situation. Good luck, I hope you figure everything out.

oh no i hope u will pull to the end but at least u have a year off like we here.
my DH is from USA and we travel to se his mum twice a year i know many people there and they only allowed to have 6WEEKS mat leave how crap that must be knowing that u have little baby 6 weeks old and u dont even have time to bond.

Ugh, you UK girls are so lucky! I'm back at work after taking a year off and I have to work at least 600 hours before may next leave. I know that's not much, but it's a lot more than I'd planned to be away from my son. It's kind of stressing me out because I have it planned so that I finish my hours at 36 weeks, but what if something unexpected happens before then? I'm screwed. Sorry to rant about my own situation. Good luck, I hope you figure everything out.

oh no i hope u will pull to the end but at least u have a year off like we here.
my DH is from USA and we travel to se his mum twice a year i know many people there and they only allowed to have 6WEEKS mat leave how crap that must be knowing that u have little baby 6 weeks old and u dont even have time to bond.
Note too that that 6 weeks is UNPAID. I'll only be about to take probably about 4 weeks as that is all the sick time I have saved up (from over 10 years working). :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->