On the road again... a place for women getting into the TTC groove again.

Is the whole world pregnant? I'm beginning to wonder...

Went for more blood tests today and I am scheduling the u/s. I'm going to schedule it for Thursday, just in case the OBGYN does one. I don't want my insurance to refuse to pay for it.

This way I make sure to get one. Someone told me yesterday, awe... Look, you already have a bump! She didn't know that I had miscarried in November, but I was like wow... My stomach is swollen and it is actually showing! I've got to figure out what is going on!

Aww :( Sorry! I hope you get some answers soon!!!

I am officially in my TWW.. The torture!

Cary - I really hope your doctors can figure out what is going on.

aknqtpie - good luck! Hope the tww goes by quickly as possible.

Haha pretty much ditto on everything Starry said. I definitely can't wait to hear the u/s results, Cary! And I hope the dreaded TWW goes by quickly for you, AK. It's so awful!! I wish there was a way we would know INSTANTLY if the egg got fertilized and implanted! Doesn't it seem crazy that it's possible to be pregnant for two weeks and have absolutely no idea???

I will probably test at 10/11dpo... I got my BFP last time at 10dpo.. and I won't be home from like 12-14dpo... and frankly, I have waited so long to get back to be able to TTC that I will be chomping at the bit!

Ditto for Cary and ak.

Afm: my doc appt is tomorrow plus I think I will ovulate today or tomorrow. The bad news is my hubby went in for an emergency appendectomy and is now out of commission for baby making. Of all days in the month he could get sick he had to hit the 2-3 fertile days I have. Lady Luck is not on my side.

Yes. Just groggy after the surgery. Doc said we caught it just in time and that had we waited even another hour it could've burst. I gues it pays to be an EMT and be trained to recognize the symptoms of appendicitis.

What a lucky catch then even though it doesn't feel that way. Glad that your DH is OK. It is a tough break that it happened over your fertile window. So yeah...happy for your husband but not so happy for the timing. I'd be really frustrated about that too. :hugs:

What a lucky catch then even though it doesn't feel that way. Glad that your DH is OK. It is a tough break that it happened over your fertile window. So yeah...happy for your husband but not so happy for the timing. I'd be really frustrated about that too. :hugs:

Isn't it funny that this is one of our first thoughts now?? I would be exactly the same way. A couple of days before ovulation this month, DH thought he might be getting the flu. I was like, "ohhh, poor baby! I hope you're not getting sick! ... but seriously, even if you are, we're going to have to have sex next week."

So glad your DH is ok, but I agree with Starry that the timing sucks. Hoping for a speedy recovery for your DH and lots of make-up BD'ing next month!

Afm, got the results of January's Day 21 test yesterday-- 8.2. I ovulated!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: I KNEW we took the test too early! So we've confirmed that I actually ovulate a couple of days after my first +OPK. Good to know!

Omgoodness so glad I went to the doc. It was very helpful and ill fill you in once I get to a keyboard.

Glad you went to the doctor too!!!

Cary - Did you have your dr appt already?

Topanga - boo to AF but hurray to ovulating! Hope this is your lucky cycle!

RedWylder - look forward to hearing about your visit too!

afm - now that my AF is ending I'm finally starting to feel like myself. I took DS to the mall today and I was running with his stroller through the parking lot I feel so free and giddy. For first time since getting my latest bfp I feel like my body is my own. Now it's time to knock me up again. ha ha

Red- tell all :) maybe it will give me some questions to ask....

Aknqtpie - I go tomorrow morning... Here's to getting some answers.

Topanga - sorry about AF, but awesome attitude!

Still tired, exhausted really...

Ok. So hubby is still in the hospital but recovering well from his surgery. Meanwhile I met with my OB/GYN about my cycles being "abnormal". For those of you who haven't been following my TTC progress here's the short: After 9 months of TTC (one BFP, one MC) I have notice my luteal (10 days) phase being short and my ovulation late (day 19-23). I'm more concerned about the luteal phase since this might actually be the cause of my miscarriage.

So anyways I've had a lot of practitioners blow me off and disregard all the charting, temping, researching that I've done to learn about what might be going on with me. So when my doc today listened to my concerns, looked at my charts and offered real advise, it was such a relief. He knew all about temping (he was like 80 years old so I had my doubts; but the old guy knew his stuff!) and seemed relatively at ease with the fact that I actually did know what I was talking about with my O dates. Previous practitioners always seemed doubtful but after 9 months of charting I know my body pretty damn well.

So anyways, he suggested several things to get me figured out. First, we're going to do a progesterone check 7-10 days post ovulation. (I was so relieved he didn't suggest I come in on day 21 since I normally don't even ovulate until day 21) We're also going to do a semen analysis for my hubby and then after this cycle is over I am supposed to come in on day 5 of my new cycle for a pelvic exam to check for cysts and get started on clomid which he said was a relatively mild drug and it couldn't hurt to try it.

So I am getting the works and he didn't even make me wait a year like a lot of practitioners do. He listened to my concerns, talked my ear off about possibilities and got me started on a plan of action. It just feels good to know that there's something I can do rather than sit and wait.

Oh and on top of it all, I had the chance to help educate a med student who was following my doc. The med student thanked me after and said he learned a lot from our conversation. It feels good to know that there's one less ignorant medical provider out there because I went in today. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->