one born every minute : MALE 'midwife'

exactly most consultants are male whats the dfference,

how ever if i had the ultimate choice i would choose women to be with me, plus i think my oh would be comfier too if i'm honest, i'm not keen on midwives telling mums when to push and not to and he was doing that. but women midwoves do that too on that programme

x

I'm keen on them telling you when to push and not too - as it was this that stopped me having any tears. I wanted to push the whole time, but by listening to the midwife and by pushing when my er, "bits" were ready for it, I managed to get through pretty much unscathed down there!

in fact, i couldn't have given two shits if a trained monkey had have entered at that point as long as they WERE trained and could administer a shot of diamorphine well! :lol:

:rofl: What with your monkey and my marshamallow man labouring would be pretty interesting! :haha:

There is a male midwife at the hospital I gave birth at. I didn't see him, but he delivered my friend's baby. The way I was feeling, I wouldn't have cared who was at the foot of the bed as long as they got the baby out and ended the pain! :haha:

I agree, I don't care who's there and whether they have given birth before, man, woman, for all I care marshmallow man could be my MW as long as my baby is delivered safe and well. It hurt so much I didn't give a hoot who was there :haha:

I was my best friend's birthing partner, so although I didn't deliver the baby I was there for her supporting her in much the same way a MW would (bar bringing the baby into the world). This was before I'd been through childbirth myself but I could sympathise with what she was going through, help her through it, encourage her etc She told me afterwards she didn't think she could have done it without me there. Of course she would have but even though I'd not experienced 1st hand what she had I helped her in some way. They even gave bubba my name as her middle name :cloud9:

:rofl: at bolded!

I had a male midwife, although not for labour as he wasn't on shift when I gave birth. Wouldn't have bothered me at all

You wouldn't expect your surgeon to have undergone a c-section, you just expect that he/she has undertaken a lot previously and knows what they are doing! Same thing IMO

i had a male midwife sometimes it got hard i didont want to ask him anything bout myself but other then that didont bother me much

in fact, i couldn't have given two shits if a trained monkey had have entered at that point as long as they WERE trained and could administer a shot of diamorphine well! :lol:

:rofl: What with your monkey and my marshamallow man labouring would be pretty interesting! :haha:

now that's an episode of one born every minute i'd pay to see! :rofl:

exactly most consultants are male whats the dfference,

how ever if i had the ultimate choice i would choose women to be with me, plus i think my oh would be comfier too if i'm honest, i'm not keen on midwives telling mums when to push and not to and he was doing that. but women midwoves do that too on that programme

x

I'm keen on them telling you when to push and not too - as it was this that stopped me having any tears. I wanted to push the whole time, but by listening to the midwife and by pushing when my er, "bits" were ready for it, I managed to get through pretty much unscathed down there!

I 100% agree and I also had NO tears.

I think my only reservation would be if this imaginary hospital employed Mr Blobby as a midwife too. I don't want those hands up my vag :shock:

I think my only reservation would be if this imaginary hospital employed Mr Blobby as a midwife too. I don't want those hands up my vag :shock:

yeah, edward scissorhands might be another no-go too...

(although that would make for one speedy episiotomy)
:sick:

OMG emma that is so wrong, thanks for the nightmare material :rofl:

i know i probably shouldn't have said that. grim! my legs are crossing at the thought of it... :sick:

:rofl: :nope: You ladies are cracking me up! Edward was pretty nifty with those scissors though!

Arrgggggghhhhhhhh wouldn't hearing "blobby blobby blobbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyy" during labour actually make you leap off the bed and throttle him!

:rofl: :nope: You ladies are cracking me up! Edward was pretty nifty with those scissors tho!

Arrgggggghhhhhhhh wouldn't hearing "blobby blobby blobbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyy" during labour actually make you leap of the bed and throttle him!

oh god!!

and let's hope noel edmonds wouldn't be the bloody student! i think i'll take edward scissorhands over that combination, at least he's pretty (secret guilty pleasure)...

:rofl: love the last page or so!!!

I DID have a male in there when harrison was born. He was a student consultant/surgeon whatever you call the woman who came in and gave me my episiotomy! I didnt see his reaction as my eyes were closed tightly and i was crying!!!! :dohh:

So, yeah id probably let a male MW deliver my babies.

Question - are they called Midhusbands though?

I hate Noel Edmonds. In fact I have come to the conclusion that Noel Edmonds is the worst person/creature/THING that could ever deliver my baby. :rofl:

I had one at obe point, and ive had at least one male student every two weeks watching how i get swabs taken for infection and prem labour testing. Doesnt bother me. Okay, maybe every fortnight is starting to make me think more men have seen me down there in this pregnancy than in my whole life.... :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->