One Born>?

:rofl: I did! My client told me there was a waterbirth and she'd be watching so I felt I needed to watch....:winkwink:

Jenni I was furious at that mw that lied too! I posted about it in fb which caused controversy with my anaesthetist friend. We are constantly locking horns because she believes drugs are lovely and if she'd done my epidural all would've been hunky dory. I ought to add she's not had a baby. Nor an epidural...

Add me on fb peanut ready for next week! We can tag team her!!!

Add me on fb peanut ready for next week! We can tag team her!!! :rofl:

I'm watching OBEM now. I didn't want to because it makes me bitter if I'm frank, (I want a baby, dammit! :lol: ) and it does make me ANGRY. I had the very, very best of intentions with my labour until I found out about T's SB, and then I had to change my plans. No chance of a HB with her having it, and I was in a BAD mental place as it was. I did feel like a spectator at my birth (but I also felt like a spectator of my life, lol) and get very angry thinking about it now. My next birth will be worlds apart from my last one.

I wouldnt have liked the room that bright with the waterbirth. Was lovely though and her OH's face made me cry when he had tears in his eyes.. so cute! lol

I didnt like that the MW lied about the Epi or when the other lady was ready for crowning the midwife said 'This is going to really hurt now' :shock: As if you want to hear that!!

:hugs: Lea, it will be totally different when it happens!

Where do I find you Lisa?

Lisa Sykes Leeds network I think it's a black and White picture of me looking down at a very small Sid on my shoulder

MM (Lisa, if it's ok I call you that?) I tried to stalk you on facebook also but I can't seem to find you! There are too many Lisa Sykes!

PB and MM you can add me though! :) I got a few crazy looks when I posted the 'you have a choice' video. I'm apparently known as homebirth hippy now. :dohh:

ME! --> https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.k.noble

It's fine to call me Lisa! I just added you ;-) x Here's me FB

I just added you. Same initials in case you wonder who it is!

PB and Jenni, feel free to add me too :) https://www.facebook.com/cathyolive

added, added and added.

to get slightly back on topic, only still mildly off topic. I was at my antenatal class again tonight and there was a women in my class who asked the midwife "Does the epidural effect the baby at all" And the midwife said "No"!!!!!!! :help:

What is with this statement??? I couldn't help myself and I started asking subtle questions like how is the epi administered? So you're saying nothing gets into the blood stream? Well if it goes into our blood stream then how come it doesn't go into the baby? She didn't have an answer. And then I asked her about the possibility about of it effecting the babies heart rate as it can effect your BP and she was like.. oh yes yes it can do that. :dohh: She always does this and it makes me so mad. She doesn't give the ful info, just the info SHE wants to give. :growlmad: OH! OH! I also asked her about the risks of getting on, ie headaches, backpain etc... Her answer was anecdotal about her never seeing anything like that. But that's not really the right answer no?

Oh and I got this off the Americanpregnancy.org website:
Though research is somewhat ambiguous, most studies suggest some babies will have trouble "latching on" which can lead to breastfeeding difficulties. Other studies suggest that the baby may experience respiratory depression, fetal malpositioning; and an increase in fetal heart rate variability, which may increase the need for forceps, vacuum, cesarean deliveries and episiotomies.

Exactly! I knew I was right when I mentioned bf being hindered potentially. And what's with not mentioning the well established risks of assisted delivery? Because they don't have any effect on the baby? :dohh: It's this method of considering every medical action as an individual issue with discrete effects instead of looking at the process of interventions and how they bring one another on. Or in other words, this habit of lying. :growlmad:

It's laughable isn't it PB - if it wasn't so serious anyway!

They just don't trust women to make there own decisions. I can't tell you the number of times, I have been spoken to like a child with a diminished intellect, with my first pregnancy (unbelievably unhelpful!). I for one want full facts, good and bad.. because that is the thing about evidence and facts, they don't have an agenda.
We should be able to trust our heath professionals to give balanced information, without slant and without them thinking, "oh it's just to complex for YOU to understand!"
Bet you rattled them a bit Jenni- and good for you, that you did!
I've declined to go to my community Anti-natal classes, but perhaps I should, I'm not saying that I won't learn anything, but more I'd like to go to make sure women arn't lead down one particular path, and like you, ask the right questions!
XxX

I've been enjoying my classes otherwise. I'm the type of person that like to know EVERYTHING in order to make an informed decision. So it was great to see things like an Epi needle or here about diamorphine and how badly it effects the baby and such. Other than her lieing (and now I'm beginning to think it's just midwives being lied to personally) she's great in saying non of us should be looking to that option anyways. Stick with the gas and air as long as possible and before you know they'll pop out! hahaha. She doesn't like to use the word pain much either. She's just funny with getting her facts wrong.

And for me personally it's nice to meet other midwives that might be attending my homebirth, of course IMO I swear they go running in the other direction when I come. lol. I know Jackie (the above mentioned midwife) always goes back and says "That hippy home birth girl challenged me again this week" :dohh: Oh and I know this mainly because my actual midwife will say something to me like "Oh so Jackie mentioned you had a few questions..."

Hehehe!!

We didn't have the same MW for any of our classes with DD, each week a different one, so it was nice to met them all - although in the end we moved to a different county (to Hampshire) in my 36th week and had baby at home there...; I didn't give them much notice! We have since moved back to Bournemouth (Dorset), and they have better HB rates than Hampshire anyways.. but I'm going to have to get to know them all again. I've got plenty of questions for my MW at my 16week appointment, as I can't remember the numbers of on-call MWs.
Interestingly I have the same MW this time as I did booking in with my last.. and she remembered me very well - even knew the address of where I used to live. I think I made an impression!.. And I don’t think that is a bad thing!

Going back to the classes though, we had one MW who was so pro-natural, she wouldn’t even talk about any of the interventions.. Even that in my mind is wrong - as any questions some of the ladies had were just dismissed. So she was totally bias the other way.
I do like it that your lady Jackie doesn’t like to refer to pain - that’s excellent!
XxX

sorry to jump in to the thread without really reading it properly, BUT i watched it on monday and i too was shouting at the TV! a lady calmly asking for an epi, i was like WHY WHY WHY! theres nothing wrong with you woman your coping fine!!!! i really wouldnt like to be in the hospital to deliver anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->