One Born>?

I don't really care if you are offended, i am allowed an opinion and that's how i feel about it.

I know that there are other women who have also experienced similar stories, and like i have felt let down, violated and lied too. Just some of the comments i have personally found upsetting. I am allowed to say that.

:shock:

Of course you're allowed to say it. What a shame that I DO care if you are offended yet you feel it's ok to be offensive :(

I'm sorry you feel that i was offensive, however that wasn't my intention. My intention was to only post my own feelings :flower:

:rofl: my mum calls me a hippy all the time, and I really do have legs worse than my husbands right now ;-) its all about au-natural! :lol:

I like being called a hippy :lol:

It's good to be different i guess!

I'm sorry you feel that i was offensive, however that wasn't my intention. My intention was to only post my own feelings :flower:

Which coincidentally is exactly what everyone else on this thread was doing....see how no one actually meant anyone, any offense whatsoever....

You should see some of the things that were said in the main thread in the tv bit, much less forgiving than anything in here. I found some of the opinions there quite odd...

I duno I think she did have it and it was just cut out but it wasn't very clear! Either way she was doing fine and really didn't need the epi I hate how easy the midwife gave in to her "I want an epi" "ok I'll go get it sorted for you" dear me! I shouldn't be that easy its almost like giving up! She didn't offer her anything else! I don't know if that was because she asked if it would affect the baby and something like pethadine would but still midwifes give in far to easy on something that is most of the time completely unnecessary! If they care about nothing else they should at least think about the cost!

I asked for an epidural, they got it right away, i don't feel i gave up easily! I wasn't offered anything else too, maybe she stated in her birthplan she wanted it if she needed it and didn't want any other pain relief like i also stated.

ooo im certainly not a hippy.. and i shaved my legs this week am i still allowed over here :winkwink: hehe

I dont think any offence was intended nor should any have been taken so :flower: all round!

I kind of understand why sometimes some posts over here could be seen as offensive.. i dont find them that way but i do see how people could take things wrong.

In this thread in particular comments like 'she was coping fine and didnt need an epi' I feel is *a little* (dont shoot me.. im just being honest :kiss: ) judgmental as everyone copes differently and although she looked fine if thats as much pain as someone is prepared to take then its her right to ask for and immediately get whatever pain relief she wants without being made to feel like shes given up.

Thats the only part of this thread i could find that could possibly come across slightly offensive.

*runs away and hides* :haha:

Which coincidentally is exactly what everyone else on this thread was doing....see how no one actually meant anyone, any offense whatsoever....

Course not, people don't mean to offend others. Doesn't mean people don't feel offended.

Anyway, this is nothing to do with the thread now :flower:

ooo im certainly not a hippy.. and i shaved my legs this week am i still allowed over here :winkwink: hehe

I dont think any offence was intended nor should any have been taken so :flower: all round!

I kind of understand why sometimes some posts over here could be seen as offensive.. i dont find them that way but i do see how people could take things wrong.

In this thread in particular comments like 'she was coping fine and didnt need an epi' I feel is *a little* (dont shoot me.. im just being honest :kiss: ) judgmental as everyone copes differently and although she looked fine if thats as much pain as someone is prepared to take then its her right to ask for and immediately get whatever pain relief she wants without being made to feel like shes given up.

Thats the only part of this thread i could find that could possibly come across slightly offensive.

That's what i meant :thumbup:

You don't get any medals for giving birth, whether you have it 'naturally' or not!

Forgive me if I'm wrong but this thread is in the "natural and home birth" part of the forum is it not? Therefore the opinions of people in here are going to be in favour of it being natural? so no, you don't get a medal for doing it "naturally" but this is a place for women who believe in natural birth no one is saying its wrong to have any kind of pain relief we're simply expressing our opinions if someone finds it offensive that I (I say I because no one else has actually said it) don't think the lady NEEDED it then its not my fault someone finds my beliefs offensive, there's lots of things I find offensive in life and you know what I do, agree that everyone is entitled to there own opinion and understand that not everyone will be happy with that but that's life wouldn't the world be a boring place if we were all the same?

Absolutely agree that we all cope differently and it's her right to ask for an immediately get what she wants. I think the point trying to be made maybe is that she really should have had lots of positive encouragement first from the staff and her birth partner/s (I cant remember the specific one here so bear with me :lol: ) which might have just got her through for a little while longer and to a point where she regained her focus and her baby may have been just minutes away. I know when I hit transition with my second baby I BEGGED / DEMANDED I was removed from the pool and taken promptly to the hospital for an epidural! I'd said in my birth plan that I thought I may do that and that I wanted encouraging to carry on and that it was a good sign that my baby was almost here. I told my OH I didnt give a flyling fandango what the birth plan said, I wanted an epi and I wanted it NOW! Fortunately the MW and my OH (poor sod!) found ways to help me refocus, encourage me that I COULD do it and lo and behold 20 mins later I had a baby. I might have had the epi (like I did with my first baby) and been at it hours later.......We dont know that she's not said something of the kind too...TV and editing can be deceptive like that cant it.

yeah it just kind of showed her asking for it, the midwife saying ok and the next thing was her having the baby it didnt make it clear if she got it or not, i screamed and begged for an epi with harry and i was lucky enough to have a midwife and birthing partners who helped me through without the need for it, it could be poorly edited and she could have been coping alot worse than they made it look, but the point is weather its the case or not it made it look like she was just sat there happily asking for it just as a way out, and thats the problem in alot of hospitals women are not informed that if they get up and move about or if they hold off on certain pain relief untill a little bit later then it can make everything much easier, im in no way saying an epi or any other kind of pain relief is wrong in fact i think the episode before the one we're talking about with the lady screaming in pain is exactly the sort of situation where extra pain relief is good, and yes it is up to the woman what she chooses to do, the same kind of thing after a woman has had a c-section if she decides to go for a vbac or another c-section thats her choice, but its also my opinion that most of the time epidurals and assisted deliveries could be prevented by the correct coaching through labour. it would save the NHS a fortune for a start and i know not everyone is the same and some times there is a medical need for intervention but most of the time i personally believe with better training more natural and easy deliveries can be achieved, and im a firm believer that birth should be easy and natural, which is why i mull about over here :)

Worse than getting it without a second thought when asking for it is being offered it unnecessarily when you're at your wits end ignoring the birth plan saying no epi. That's what happened to me and I am 100% certain it was the sole reason I couldn't push. I was like a broken horse by that point. I'd been taken out the pool when my contractions were picking up, been persuaded to take pethidine and then 30 hours after the start of labour, half conscious, the final nail of the coffin was inserted into my spine. :nope:

Peanutbean i have to say i do not know ONE single person who has had an epi and had a fully natural delivery without the use of forceps vontoues and leading to emergancey c-section, and before people start jumping on me sceaming "i did i did" i know its possible and i know lots of people do, but i dont know anyone who has, i also dont know anyone whos had an emergancy c-section without getting an epidural quite early on in labour although i do know people who have had assisted deliverys with only g&a

^^ sorry about the poor spelling i have a 1 year old hanging from my hip whilst cooking dinner :rofl:

edit reading that back it sounds awful! what im trying to get across is my main reason for being so against it!

I totally know what you mean!

If I hadn't told my OH to hold fast for me during that transistion moment - he could of grabbed the bags, and we would have been off to the hospital. I was told that feeling of absolute need for escape would happen.. but didn't think that it would happen to me - why would it, I was so prepared! But it did, and although I wasn't in any pain, not at all, I was having a full on panic, and didn't want to be part of any of it - if someone could have said then take this, and you won't be pregnant anymore, I would have taken it. I was so proud of my OH. He just took me in his arms.. and breathed with me rocking me from side to side.. and iin a blink it was over. I was through it. Labour really started and it was amazing how my conscious mind wasn't needed, and I was there, but in a totally different place - It is really hard to explain.. but everything was peaceful in my mind from that point.
If I had had and epi at that point.. I personally imagine that it would have lead my labour down a very different road. I'm so pleased that it wasn't on tap, and my MWs recognised my panic as a good sign things were really about to get good
XxX

I neve had transition as my contractions were all on tap. Must remember to warn DH about it though I'm sure my MW will recognise it too. Though the one in the hospital assumed my finally effective contractions were transition...

Anyone watch it this week? It started off nice watching a girl actually stay on her knees to deliver, but man they were a bit rough with the cleaning! I'm just watching it now, so I may post more if I feel compelled.

I can't remember which girl it was that was shown with her baby right at the end of the show, but I'm sure she was still in a dirty bed from what I could see (looked bloody). Again will have to watch again to see for sure, or someone can correct me...

Anyone watch it this week? It started off nice watching a girl actually stay on her knees to deliver, but man they were a bit rough with the cleaning! I'm just watching it now, so I may post more if I feel compelled.

Was that the one that came in from the car park? As the cord was wrapped a bit around babies neck and baby was a little blue - they rubbed him down vigerously to get him to breath. These little babies are tough as old boots really! (if old boots were made of elastic bands) :thumbup:
XxX

Anyone watching tonight?
One of the ladies has just had pessary to induce.

What I don't understand, (and perhaps it wasn't shown) was that the consultant recommended induction after she had had a bloody show - she does have a heart condition - but the words that were used, were that her membranes had ruptured... to me the small amount of bloody show she had wasn't a membrane rupture?? anyone else think this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->