One easier to buy for than the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motherofboys

Reaction score
Do you have one child who you find easier to buy for than the other/s?

DS1 and 2 are moving out of the toys stage, which does make it a bit tricker to buy for them. DS4 will only be 14 months, and he has all his brothers toys. DS3 however is 4, he is still right in the playing with toys stage, he has always loved little figures. There is so much lego, imaginext, playmobil, and lego-like character stuff that I just look at and think WOW he'd LOVE that. I could honestly blow my whole Christmas budget in one Amazon session for him. I just find toys ao much more exciting. Although when I do find things that I know the others will really love I do get excited too.

Its so easy to pick up things my oldest will like but the youngest doesnt speak much yet and has alot passed down so hes harder to buy for!

Yes my oldest is 4 and I keep buying him and then sorta have to remind myself to buy for his younger brother as he's not really that into toys yet

Yes my eldest is much easier to buy for. She'll be 4 so like your LO, plenty of playmobil and lego type toys.DD2 will be 2.5 and has most things handed down from DD1 so really struggling with her.

My eldest is autistic and has developmental delays, so he doesn't play imaginatively ruling loads of things out, he really doesn't get any toy you would need to use your imagination to play with it.

Aside from that he doesn't enjoy things like building with bricks or Lego. He doesn't like mess so no Playdoh or similar. His physical skills are below his age and he has little interest so things like a bike would be pointless.

He has very limited non echolalic speaks, that basically means although he speaks it is in in quotes from TV programmes he likes. That means I can't ask him.

My youngest likes cars. He really, really likes cars so he is much easier to buy for!

I see a load of car and vehicle toys my youngest will go nuts for but it is so hard to predict my eldest. What he does like and enjoy are electronic things so his presents cost so many times what the younger child's cost.

However I have the biggest hit planned as a main present for my older son, he has recently got obsessed with cameras. He loves the camera on his Leappad and the one on my phone. He walks around saying 'smile' and taking photos of the carpet (he can't work out you need to point the camera at someone). So he will be getting a Kiddizoom camera for Christmas and he is going to go nuts over it :happydance: I still remember the look of joy on his face when he saw his Leappad last Christmas. I didn't think he would understand what it did till I showed him but he must have recognised it from the advert.

My little one is having this (among other things):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mega-Bloks..._h_b_cs_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=1J4V1GSB64C1CEFQA9MZ
A car with cars inside, that pretty much sums up everything he is interested in! He will be delighted, he is having some extra cars for it in his stocking.

Seems 4 is generally a good age to buy for LOL
My eldest is getting more into technology, which I don't want to over do. Plus its expensive. And he enjoys reading and learning. But I don't want to get him too many books either, because although he will enjoy them I feel like it might be boring to just open book after book. DS2 has asked for 2 skylanders and 'surprises' which is great because I can just pick up things I know he will like. But doesn't give me an idea of where to start looking LOL I've got 'ideas lists' for them DS1s is a good length, DS2s is tiny, and just become smaller as I've bought things off of it for his birthday in October (as is DS4s), DS3s is just ridiculously long, and DS4s is quite small but an ok length for his age I guess.
I'm sure by Christmas it will have somewhat evened out. And DS1 and 3 have birthdays in Feb and March so I can get anything I have to leave off their lists for their birthdays.

My sons are 2 (3 in december) and 10 years old. My 2 year old is really easy to buy for. My 10 year old told me the other week he doesnt need anything as he has everything he needs :/

I struggle to buy for my daughter, she is nearly 5. My DS is so easy to buy for, he loves cars, helicopters, spiderman, batman and tmnt so I could go crazy on his presents!

My oldest (almost 10 yr old son) is really hard to buy for as the only real toy he plays with any more are Lego's, and we don't have alot of shelf room for him to keep them together, he is really i to video games, so i will have to get him some games, which will look pretty small under the tree!!
My 7 yr old and 20 mth old girls are easy to buy for!!

My three year old daughter is super easy to buy for but my nearly 2 YO girl is so much harder because she doesn't really play as such. My eldest is also hard to buy for as he seems between age/toy brackets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back