One Tubers

Where in yorkshire are you katstar? I am just over the hills!

xxx

I am from barnsley. Well actually from rotherham but live in barnsley now with oh. Not much difference though as they are close to each other. :)

Hi cat and shells. I am good and i hope everyone else is too.

Cat are you getting any symptoms of ovulating like ewcm?

xx

:hi: ladies how are you all afm well done another opk today and its not has dark so i took cd14 off ff and its put me for cd19 witch look good from the last month so i have to tickers on because i dont no were i am xxxxxxxx

Hi there, (long post alert! sorry!)

Would you guys mind if I joined the gang? I'm TTC after an ectopic and feel like I could do with some support/encouragement.. I've just read most of this therad (I think I deserve a medal!) and you lot sound lovely. There are some very strong/inspirational women on here!

Here's my story..

I had my son in Nov 08 after TTC for 5 months and then decided to try for #2 in Dec 09. I fell pregnant immediately although didn't realise it straight away as af came as normal. Unfortunately that af did not stop and after bleeding for about 10 days I thought something was a bit dodgy and took a test. It was strongly + so I presumed I was miscarrying. Luckily I went in to EPAU and they took bloods and did an ultrasound. My HCG climbed steadily, but wasn't quite doubling and they couldn't find anything in the womb for a couple of weeks. Eventually they found an ectopic on my LHS tube right up near my ovary. It wasn't very big so they gave me methotrexate. They told me to expect some pain over the next few days and a week later I woke up with pain in my LHS and nearly ignored it (I hadn't had any pain up to this point). Luckily I was sensible and asked my hubby to take me into casualty. Casualty sent me up to the maternity ward and as I walked up and wasn't in much pain they didn't take much notice of me! Eventually (3 hours later!) they scanned me and found that the tube had ruptured and there was a lot of blood in my abdomen. I was rushed to theatre and they removed the pregnancy, left-hand tube and 2 liters of blood! Apparently I was about 8 weeks pregnant. I was so lucky that I went into hospital to get checked out. I asked the surgeon what would have happened if I hadn't come in and she said that I would probably have fainted and lost conciousness. I had nothing planned that day apart from looking after my 13 month-old son.. It's horrible to think what could have happened..

Anyway, we were advised not to TTC for 3-4 months, so we started again in April and I'm now on cycle #5 and getting a bit worried.. I know it's early days, but it's so hard not to get negative about it all. I also hate not knowing which side I ovulate on. I temp and use OPK sticks so I know when I ovulate, but just don't know which side as I don't get any pain.

I'm hoping I can pick up some positive vibes from you guys and we can have a rush of healthy pregnancies for summer 2011!

Thanks for listening..

Hi Welshbean, so sorry that you have to be here but you will be made very welcome :hugs: I too lost my left tube after having methotrexate that failed. Had emergency surgery October '09. Began TTC again in January '10 after the 3 month break. I hope you get your uterine BFP very soon xxx

Thanks KimmyB! It's great to hear of positive stories. How many months were you TTC before you fell pregnant this time? Could you tell which side you ovulated from?

I started TTC again on new years eve (TMI :blush:) and got my BFP on 16th March so just less than 3 months. We were very lucky I think. I couldn't tell which side I ov'd from but when I went for my early scan the sonographer could tell I'd ov'd from my tube side (right side) due to a corpus luteum cyst. I did the following the month I got my BFP....
*BBT
*CBFM
*Conceive plus
*Soft cups
*Sperm meets egg plan
*No alcohol or caffeine
*Pregnancare conception
Not sure if any of that helped but I'm glad I did it all! x

Good luck 4 magpies!

Thanks KimmyB - I am doing BBT, OPKs and pregnacare. I may think about softcups and concieve plus if I keep getting negatives.. Giving up alcohol and caffeine may be harder!

Good luck 4magpies!

Welshbean as for the caffeine I still had chocolate (I know thats cheating lol!) but went onto de-caff coffee and been on it ever since, can't tell the difference really :)

Welcome Welshbean so sorry for your loss so glad you were cautious and went to casualty. Hope u get your sticky bean very soon.

yay for ttc again 4magpies FXX for you.

Thanks girls....

Just hope it doesnt take ages, would like to be pregnant for xmas.

xxx

Thanks Puppymom and Caz and Bob!

Caz and Bob - I did a bit of chart stalking and I think that you are on 5dpo like me. I am on CD20 though as I have slightly shorter cycles. How did you link your chart to your sig?

I don't think I am in with much of a chance this month as I felt a dull pain in my LHS which is my tubeless side and I think this may have been ov pain. I know there is a chance that the other tube could pick it up, but I'd rather not get my hopes up if they're likely to be dashed!

KimmyB - decaf coffee is a good idea, but it's tea that is my weakness and the decaf stuff is horrid. I only drink a couple fo cups a day but maybe I'll try and cut down.

Good luck all!

hiya welshbean. i to lost my left tube after methotrexate did not work. i was actually told by the epau to drink more fluids and take stronger pain relief. thankgod for nhs direct telling me to ring my gp and her telling me to go a&e as i had ruptured and was interally bleeding. I was very lucky to get pregnant 2 months after stopping using contraception with this baby. i hope you get your bfp very soon xx

Well I am now in the 2WW girls.

My ov pains were on my bad side though I think so not much hope.

xxx

Congrats Mrs R! It's so good to hear positive stories.. I do wonder about the use of methotrexate, it just seems like they are using it to cut down on the costs associated with surgery and are putting womens lives at risk..

Good luck for the 2WW 4mags. I too think I O'd on the bad side, but maybe one or both of us will make it this month..

hi welshbean and welcome.
I hope you get your bfp soon.
I had a 2nd pregnancy of unknown location. Caught early and to save my final tube (incase it was in there) they gave methotrexate and it worked for me but like i said, i had it early. 5 weeks was the first injection.
Now expecting a boy in november. Was not trying though so can't say how long it took. I was avoiding 'o' day and i thought i did avoid it by 4 days but i am pregnant and very happy everything is ok. I hope its not much longer for you.

Hi mags. Gosh ttc already. I hope you get your bfp soon too. :) xx

Welcome welshbean - hope you find lots of moral support here for your TTC journey. There are lots of lovely pregnancies around here at the moment - can't wait for the babies to start arriving!

Actually thats a point when is everyone due - Kimmy, MrsR, Shells?

Magpies - hope you enjoy the TTC!!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back