Only way this kid naps is in a swing!

laila 44

Reaction score
What a crappy napper my baby is. For some reason she fights her sleep all day long and refuses to nap more than 30 mins at a time. Naturally, for a 6 weeker this leads to her turning into Linda Blair by 5pm and going on until I put her to bed for the night at 8pm. No trouble sleeping at night at all. So, I have no choice put to put her in her swing so she can nap. Constantly in movement. I'm not a fan of this but at this point I have no choice. She won't even nap on me! I wish! We'd sleep together but she insists on being in her swing. I hope this won't create a bad habit of only napping when in motion. She'll also sleep in car, stroller etc but just not at home. It's so frustrating!!! Any advice?

Honestly do whatever works. You really won't be creating any bad habits, they change how they nap soooooo often. So if it works now doit lol.

I had a chronic cat napper (still do some days) and when he was about the same age he would only nap in his swing for 30 mins, then he wanted his Moses basket, then his cot, then on me then his cot again and now he will only nap beside me wrapped in a blanket on the sofa haha.

So yeah do what ever works hun :)

:) Laila, if I recall, your first girl was a lot calmer than this. Unfortunately, some babies are just like this, and it's a lot easier to just do what works rather than worry about "habits". I think you mentioned reflux - that jut compounds it. Go with the flow and adapt to what she needs, even if it' a pain in the ass, and your life will be so much easier. They do outgrow it, but some later than other. Hang in there!

:) Laila, if I recall, your first girl was a lot calmer than this. Unfortunately, some babies are just like this, and it's a lot easier to just do what works rather than worry about "habits". I think you mentioned reflux - that jut compounds it. Go with the flow and adapt to what she needs, even if it' a pain in the ass, and your life will be so much easier. They do outgrow it, but some later than other. Hang in there!

Thanks ladies. Yup aliss, my toddler was a completely different baby she slept all day and was just a dream baby. I took her everywhere we did everything together she was too perfect. I swear the only time I heard her cry was the day she was born lol. Even if she woke up starving she never cried... This one is complete opposite. She refuses to nap, doesn't eat much and is very fussy and sensitive. Every noise bothers her. She does have a bit if reflux but is being medicated and i changed her formula like 3x already ... I surrender. You're right. Fack that. I'll do whatever works to make her sleep. We've been strolling, driving etc... U are totally right I'm just in such a state about it I can't believe how different 2 kids can be!

Thanks ladies. Yup aliss, my toddler was a completely different baby she slept all day and was just a dream baby. I took her everywhere we did everything together she was too perfect. I swear the only time I heard her cry was the day she was born lol. Even if she woke up starving she never cried... This one is complete opposite. She refuses to nap, doesn't eat much and is very fussy and sensitive. Every noise bothers her. She does have a bit if reflux but is being medicated and i changed her formula like 3x already ... I surrender. You're right. Fack that. I'll do whatever works to make her sleep. We've been strolling, driving etc... U are totally right I'm just in such a state about it I can't believe how different 2 kids can be!

It really is an amazing and humbling experience to realize how 2 kids from one woman can be sooo different eh? I always thought I was just a bad mother b/c it was the 1st one but since the 2nd (like your 1st), I realize that they really are just who they are.

I actually found my reflux baby now at 3.5 sleeps better than other toddlers, I'm not sure if it's because once he actually lost the pain, he realized how fun sleep was. 13 hours a night without fail. Hang on!!

Just keep doing whatever works. It won't create 'bad habits' and a baby who naps well (no matter how) is ultimately going to be a better sleeper than one who naps poorly. We would use the bouncer for naps sometimes up to about 3 months or so. I also swear by using a wrap for naps. My daughter had most of her naps in her wrap with me until she was 6 months. She a great napper and sleeper in general and I think it's because we always just let her sleep the way that worked best for her.

My DD wouldn't sleep in anything but her bouncer at first, with the vibration on high. We eventually got her into her crib, with an attachment that clipped the railing that a vibrate feature. Do what works. No shame in it :)

My son would only sleep in his swing until he was 4 months old, even at night. However, once he was ready, it really only took 4 days to transition him to the crib and he was perfectly happy to be there. Sometimes you just have to do what works at the time.

Maybe it's the light that bothers her? My son was a terrible napper when it was too bright in the room, and I think the motion of the swing helped to balance it out a bit.

My first would only nap in the swing, moving car, or if we were wearing him. He needed the motion. He napped in the swing until around 15 months.

She's just such a sensitive baby. Noises, lights etc bother her and she won't sleep. Then she gets into such a state because eventually she gets exhausted. I wish she would nap on me but she needs to be in motion orelse she can't stay still. At night though she sleeps in her crib it's during the day she drives me nuts. Should I just make her nap in her room during the day too??

Yes, I would. I kept my first kid in the main room for 3 months until I finally figured out he couldn't handle outside stimuli :rofl: Some just don't know how to shut out the world.

Lol!! Totally right. I will bring her up for naps too. Really wanted to get her used to napping with noise during the day but its not possible so I guess I'll follow her lead :)

Mine napped in her swing (most of the time) until she was 4 months old. I think around 4 months or so finally she started napping in her crib.

Just do what works, nothing wrong with the swing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->