ooww cheap and fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vix1989

Baby Christmas <3
Reaction score
Soooooo i had an idea last night........
I decided i was gunna make my own pot pourri!:thumbup:

so i found some clementines in my fridge sliced them, left them in a towel over night to soak out the juices.
Then this morning put them in the oven on the lowest heat with door open slightly (otherwise they'll burn).
And they look fab!!:happydance:
I bought 10 sticks of cinammun for 95p the other day so im gunna wack them in the bowl too, im also gunna add some nutmeg and cloves,ginger and add some xmas smelling oil! (not a lot tho)

But i also had an idea, when the orange slices were "cooked" they went transparant and hard.
sooooo im gunna put a little hole in them and put some ribbon in em and hang off the tree.
Theyll smell nice and the light will shine through them making them look lovely!:cloud9:
and i already decided the other day im gunna buy more cinnamun sticks, cut them in half and pile them (2 on bottom one on top) and tie ribbon round them and hang them off the tree too!:thumbup:

Im also going out tomorrow to find pine cones to add to the bowl and to decorate for the tree:thumbup:

it sounds sad but ive had so much fun!
what with these and my salt doughs that ive made ive hardly spent anything on decs (like thats gunna stop me :haha: ill still buy some it would be wrong not too! :haha:)

You are quite creative arent you! I wouldnt have thought of that, I bet it will smell lovely, it would also make a nice present for somebody if you put it in a package or something and tied it with a ribbon! xxx

I work in a nursery and the other year we made all our own decorations for on the tree, and we did what you did with the oranges, sliced them and put them in the oven and when they were hard the kids sprinkled glitter on them,and we put them on the tree and the wholenursery smelt gorgeous and they looked fab!!! x

well i was thinkng of rubbing cinnamun powder into them instead of glitter just to give that extra nice smell!

oowww shellie thank you :blush::hugs:
ive never been called creative before :haha:

You are creative though, I mean look at your sewing bells on socks idea too! (Did you manage to convince your fella to go for that idea?) xxx

urrrrrmmmm not yet!!
but dont worry hes leaning! lol
dont worry there will definatly pics on xmas eve of his man feet with xmas socks with bells attached! :rofl:

ha ha haaaa i just said "adam your wearing my xmas socks with bells on xmas eve aint ya?" and he said "yer if you want" :shock:
wooohoo

Aw such a great idea hun!! :) I'm so robbing that!!
Oh on pine cones, I know you can pronb pick them up outside but they have big bags of cinnamon scented ones in Homebase here, should have them near you too, iirc they weren't too expensive!

owwww really? well i wanted to get some fro outside for my firesurround anyway, but may look at the ones in homebase too
thank you!

We are spending next weekend making homemade Decs and smellies, I wanted to wait until my tree was up and we are going to blast the Christmas CD while we work.

If you google Christmas Homemade Pot Pourri, there is lots of fab ideas, I have been writing them all down :) x

agree you are creative, i wouldnt of even thought of your candy cane idea :haha:

Sounds nice! I love reading your Christmas posts Vix, they always make me feel really festive :).

Sounds really good but I am more of an buyer than a maker, in other words I am lazy :rofl:

I tried to make clementine slices the other day in the airing cupboard but they weren't so good.

I have loads of questions for you hun if you don't mind!

How long did they take in the oven?

Where did you get your cinnamon sticks from?

What varnish do you use for your salt dough decs? Do you think spray enamel would be ok?

Thanks!! Xx

Another nice one is equal parts cinnamon and smooth apple sauce with spoon full of ova and glitter roll into a dough and cut out to hang off tree smell lush and ones I made last year still smell and so does the place where I keep my decs.

Well done though I def gonna have a go! X

i tried to make clementine slices the other day in the airing cupboard but they weren't so good.

I have loads of questions for you hun if you don't mind!

How long did they take in the oven? ok, well i put them ontop of the oven while i was cooking for an hour, you'll notice the skins will co hard first.
Then i put them in the oven with the door open on a rack and checking every 3 mins turning them until they go hard :thumbup:

where did you get your cinnamon sticks from? i got them from my local health store, if you have a store where you can buy loose currants and fruit and what not (we have one called a weighhouse).
Asda do do them in the jars if you look on the spice and herb bit (bit skinny tho! Lol

what varnish do you use for your salt dough decs? Do you think spray enamel would be ok? hmmmmm i think spray enamel may be too damp for them they may go soggy!
This is the stuff i use, not a lot tho! https://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products-americana-duraclear-varnish-59ml_93514.htm

have fun!!!!

Thank you sweet heart!

This time next year I want to see you on TV with your own Christmas series!!!

:rofl: :rofl:
ooowwww i havent even started yet!!!!
kirsties homemade christmas paaaahhhhh ill kick her ass!:rofl:

just make sure with the orange slices you give them as less heat as possible (hense leaving em ontop of the oven! lol)
and make em quite thin, theyll dry out quicker! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"